'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen Returns Adopted Dogs After She Got Surprised They're Doing Doggy Things

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Lily Allen took her adopted dog back to the animal shelter after it ate her children’s passports. 

The 39-year-old explained that her kids were unable to see their father for months due to the fiasco, as she said the pooch had “ruined my life”. 

“We actually did adopt a dog already, but then it ate my passport and so I took her back to the home,” she told her friend, presenter Steve Jones, on the Miss Me? podcast that she typically hosts with Miquita Oliver.

Although she did not mention which dog it was specifically, the Daily Mail reported the pet was a puppy called Mary that Allen adopted from a charity based in New York City in 2021. 

Mary had her own Instagram page set up later that year, but posts abruptly stopped within a week or two.

“She ate all three of our passports and they had our visas in,” Allen recalled. “And I cannot tell you how much money it cost me to get everything replaced, because it was in Covid and so it was just an absolute logistical nightmare.”

The “Smile” singer, who lives in New York with her children and husband, Stranger Things actor David Harbour, was unable to travel to England, where her ex-husband and father of her two children, Sam Cooper lives, due to the incident.

“And because the father of my children lives in England, I couldn’t take them back to see their dad for like four months, five months, because this f***ing dog had eaten the passports,” she continued.

The musician recalled the resentment she felt looking at the animal after the incident, stating: “I just couldn’t look at her. I was like, you’ve ruined my life.”

Allen said that it was not only the passport incident that led to her decision to return the dog, explaining that the animal behaved poorly in general.

“Passports weren’t the only thing she ate, she was a very badly behaved dog and I really tried very hard with her, but it just didn’t work out and the passports were the straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak,” she said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/lily-allen-adopted-dog-passport-b2600303.html?utm_source=reddit.com

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Sad 7

Elohim

I guess it’s better to admit you’re wrong and returning an adopted dog, than throwing it away or not giving it the love it deserves.

but of course the internet will come after her for doing so :enigma:

• Like 9
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

NATAH

poor puppy... all puppies chew and eat everything, that's why you buy them chew toys and encourage them to play with those AND KEEP YOUR VALUABLES (and shoes) UP HIGH!!

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Elohim said:

Why wouldn't we?, she is a poor excuse of dog owner and blame everything on the dog when it's just the nature of dogs to chew things. She could have trained her, get them chew toys and more. 

She don't deserve dogs or any pets for that matter

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Elohim
Just now, RAMROD said:

Why wouldn't we?, she is a poor excuse of dog owner and blame everything on the dog when it's just the nature of dogs to chew things. She could have trained her, get them chew toys and more. 

She don't deserve dogs or any pets for that matter

Because some people are capable of taking care of a dog and some are not. And admitting you are not it’s ok. She might thought she can make it, but she didn’t.

I am speaking as a 3 dogs and a cat owner, and I am def not judging her.

• Like 1

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, Elohim said:

Because some people are capable of taking care of a dog and some are not. And admitting you are not it’s ok. She might thought she can make it, but she didn’t.

Except she didn't admitting anything like that, she really was just expressing her annoyance about the pupper, she even joked she would get another dog after these instances. 

• Like 4

Helxig

So many people get puppies without knowing what they're really like, just because they're cute and they want a cute thing to cuddle. There really needs to be stricter rules regarding adopting (just speaking in general). At the LEAST they should inform the potential new owners exactly how difficult the job is and make them agree they are committed. Because raising puppies can be hell. But the very most basic thing a new puppy owner should know is to always leave valuables out of reach of the shark teeth. Puppies, chew, everything. It's inevitable you're going to end up with some destroyed property

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2

killme89
4 minutes ago, Elohim said:

Dogs aren’t a toy you pick up to see if you can “handle” it like it’s some sort of experiment. She didn’t “admit” anything she simply gave up. Hardly anything admirable in that. I’m judging her for her shitty dog parenting. Our dog rescues are over capacity because of people like her. There’s a special place in hell for people who give up their pets. Unless you aren’t giving it the life it deserves there’s no reason for you to rehome a pet. It’s literally traumatic to them. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Teletubby
23 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Mary had her own Instagram page set up later that year, but posts abruptly stopped within a week or two.

It's Mary's World instagram.com/its_marys_world/ and they were lucky to be livin' in it:bear:

Screenshot_2024-08-23_at_08.55.01.png

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Like 1

killme89
22 minutes ago, Elohim said:

I guess it’s better to admit you’re wrong and returning an adopted dog, than throwing it away or not giving it the love it deserves.

Both of these are the same thing lol 

• Thanks 3

doja scat

so you’re telling me this little dog chewed and ate up 3 passports and visas, forcing her children to not be able to visit their estranged father? :rip:

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Teletubby

She also said she plans to adopt a new, very cute puppy soon:littlepotter: 
she and her daughters have already chosen a name and it's a Chihuahua mix

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married

RochestrMonstr

This is very poor planning on Lily’s behalf. How is there not enough room in her house to keep the passports somewhere safe? You’re getting a puppy, you obviously need to make changes around your home and make sure things like this are out of reach. 

• Like 3

sarahb
22 minutes ago, killme89 said:

There’s a special place in hell for people who give up their pets. Unless you aren’t giving it the life it deserves there’s no reason for you to rehome a pet. It’s literally traumatic to them. 

Sounds like she wasn't able to give it the life it deserves if she couldn't even stand looking at it

• Like 1

Mother of Puppies

Not the pup‘s fault… they need to be watched at all times in the beginning & they need to have alternatives so they don’t chew on other things… and passports should be kept somewhere safe & not have them lay around 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹
  • Like 1