Smother Em Eh

Which album do you prefer, like more?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album?

• ARTPOP
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

Jarvin

:huntyga:I guess as a super stan it is more so about personal experiences rather than the music. The cathartic experience of Gaga singing shallow at CBT after my recovery from addiction was such an experience. The mental health aspect makes Chromatica number one for me. I’m currently of for another treatment for a couple weeks, having just graduated from university . I want to start a new life after rehab with my diploma, family and friends. I hope LG7 will bring me the power that I need to push it through!!

• Love 1

BELLYACHE
5 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I have an indecisive opinion on ARTPOP as a whole on where I rank it and my overall opinion of it, but at the end of the day I have two immediate skips (Donatella, Mary Jane Holland) that have mostly been that way since it dropped, though I do like the production and some of the delivery in lyrics on MJH. Chromatica has only one (Sour Candy) for me. So I vote for Chromatica.

5 hours ago, Agunimon said:

yes I actually really like that song lmao

I’m not gonna say anything 

BELLYACHE

ARTPOP has MJH GUY Xdreams and AURA so… (wish I could take Alice and put it on ARTPOP tho lol)

Edited by BELLYACHE

Starmie25

ARTPOP because its just a little more bonkers sonically and lyrically, but Chromatica does contain two of my favourite Gengar songs to date :giveup:

Nessun Dorma
5 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Chromatica is a measured and meticulous exploration of Gaga's mental health crises, full of hard truths and confessions.

ARTPOP is a chaotic cry for help with high highs and some of her lowest lows, full of metaphors and avoidance of saying anything with her chest.

Compare Swine to Replay. Both talk about her SA experiences and the man who hurt her, but from very different approaches.

They're sister albums as far as I'm concerned, and are both anchors in her incredible career. I prefer the honesty of Chromatica, but the chaos of ARTPOP was a necessary step in her artistic expression and I'll always love it for that.

You nailed with your analysis, it all makes so much sense! And I think the avoidance of saying anything with her chest would be 100% true if it wasn’t for Dope. I find it one of the most intimate lyrics Gaga’s ever written. 

find your freedom in the music
  • Thanks 1

KubaM316

I mean, both of them are in my top 3 favorite Gaga albums ever.

However there's only one of them in my top 2... and it's ARTPOP :lolly: