OUT NOW!
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy: “all my songs are controversial”

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

GipJo
1 minute ago, likeitrough said:

I would say the only "controversial" song would have been I Kissed A Girl and that was 16 years ago. 

''Controversial'' for that is not really controversial just because the lyrics seem to imply lesbian theme. The song is straight up male gaze of lesbian. The video is how men see lesbians. So no, I don't think it's controversial, it's actually very mainstream product made for straight man.

• Thanks 2

Sorcerer

The songs are just plain bad and she's no longer that relevant to be considered controversial. :oops:

holy scheisse
46 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I wonder if  she will ever address the harassment she received because of the Dr Luke situation, maybe a Howard Stern style interview?! 

Honestly she should maybe that would help to salvage her reputation

or maybe it would be messy and she’d dig her hole deeper :laughga:

faysalaaa
9 minutes ago, GipJo said:

''Controversial'' for that is not really controversial just because the lyrics seem to imply lesbian theme. The song is straight up male gaze of lesbian. The video is how men see lesbians. So no, I don't think it's controversial, it's actually very mainstream product made for straight man.

It was still controversial even if its the male gaze. Just like how Madonna and Britney kiss was extreely controversial.

• Like 1

Bebe

Maybe she meant ‘I Kissed a Girl’ and “UR So Gay” were seen as problematic during her debut era and now she’s being called problematic for working with a rapist?

Because other than minor controversies like Roar being compared to Brave, I don’t see the polarisation… I see people used to bop to her campy, cartoonish pop music and then it became unpopular.

Just A Holy Fool

She really keeps digging the grave. Does she want to completely destroy her career? I am beginning to wonder, otherwise she is completely delusional or surrounded by delusional people. 

2008-2014 almost every song she released was a bonafide hit, that doesn’t really scream “controversial” to me. 

GipJo
10 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

It was still controversial even if its the male gaze. Just like how Madonna and Britney kiss was extreely controversial.

She didn't kiss any women to make some kind of statement, so for me it's controversial bait but not really controversial.

• Like 1

GaGaAst

she is really trying hard to show that she should be taken seriously. Leave it Katy. Enjoy your beautiful personal life and money for rest of the life ahead.

It's becoming clearer and clearer every year that Katy Perry was a fluke, she became huge because of her strong team and some luck by her side. She should have never been that huge in the first place, so instead of being so desperate, if I was in her place, I would try to protect my legacy. However, Ms. Katie is desperate, dumb and problematic as hell.

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

faysalaaa
1 minute ago, GipJo said:

She didn't kiss any women to make some kind of statement, so for me it's controversial bait but not really controversial.

Its controversial as in two celebrity teens kissing another woman on live TV. Activism and controversial are two different things, you dont need a statement to be controversial. Kim Kardashian is controversial and nothing she does is a statement of anything.

GipJo
1 minute ago, faysalaaa said:

Its controversial as in two celebrity teens kissing another woman on live TV. Activism and controversial are two different things, you dont need a statement to be controversial. Kim Kardashian is controversial and nothing she does is a statement of anything.

hmmm, when did Katy kiss another woman for IKAG promo or did I miss anything?

• Like 1

dberrin
1 hour ago, the real nyko said:

not necessarily, it’s just the person you work with is :saladga:

(and by “is”, i mean “is a r*pist”) 

Quick question, Im not saying Dr Luke did or did not r*pe Kesha, but as he has not been condemned, isnt this defamation?

In France, you cant settle a judgement by paying the other party. I m not a huge fan of the system in the states as in this situation we can't tell if he s guilty or no as no judgement were pronounced...

Edit: Im not defending Dr Luke or justifying that KP works with him. 

Edited by dberrin

faysalaaa
7 minutes ago, GipJo said:

hmmm, when did Katy kiss another woman for IKAG promo or did I miss anything?

I said Britney and Christina kissing Madonna. It was a lesbian theme performance for the male gaze, and it was viewed as extremely controversial.

Edited by faysalaaa