'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga smoking in DWAS MV

godnhat

Featured Posts

godnhat

I've been watching a lot of reaction videos to DWAS music video, and I'm struck by how many reactors rave about the scene where she smokes a cigarette while singing. That was such a vibe, it really sounded like she had the cigarette in her mouth while singing that part. As a symbol of death, the cigarette fits the song's concept too. Given Gaga's known habit of smoking during the recording/writing process, I imagine she was riffing with a cigarette in her mouth, and they loved the sound so much they decided to roll with it for the last chorus. No surprise she carried the aesthetic over to the music video (also fits the 70s vibes).

GVC4yeSXEAETD-h.jpg:large

455449019_871234564867373_13645708496622

new-pictures-of-gaga-probably-backstage-

It reminds me of when she sang 'Bad Romance' on the Thanksgiving TV special while eating cake and still sounded perfect :glamourpuss:

Edited by godnhat
  • Love 5

lastpopicon

I found it brilliant and thought-provoking, like art is supposed to be. 

This actually my favorite MV from her in many years, despite being simple it invokes sentiments that videos with far higher budgets could never hope to achieve.

I'm so excited for what this means for LG7, I want the same confidence but with a darker aesthetic :tony:

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2

Poker

I understand it’s the aesthetic she went for, probably as you mentioned because she was smoking during the recording process. 

I’ve seen pictures of people smoking on planes so I guess it’s accurate to the time period lol

Kindness rules all.

BULATIO

The other day I bought a pack of cigarettes because... What are you doing? Stop, mom! :icant:

fighting buryat

Schizophonic

i think the cigarette and the wig are pretty important to give the video a certain edge it needs. otherwise it would be pretty easily drift in a too kitschy vibe i think. it has a nice roughness now.

• Like 1

CatelynnMarie

the cigarette is a paid actor it really is. such an iconic touch for this almost character she is portraying :tony:

Auralegends

The cigarette is so iconic and fits the character. Though you notice some continuity errors 

• Like 1

RAMROD

She did that for accents as per usual wbk :brat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡