'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was DWAS a compromise between Gaga and Interscope?

Juanjo

Featured Posts

Juanjo

I’m loving this song, and the potential it has to become a smash and classic. I am so proud of Gaga for putting out such a beautiful work, and with such a legend, as Bruno. However, there’s no denying this is a very, very interesting event, and the fact it doesn’t belong to neither of the artist’s upcoming work, is also very… odd. Which, makes me wonder, was this maybe an agreement between Gaga and label? What if LG7 is so conceptual/experimental/non-GP-friendly, that Interscope said, “Ok, you have total creative freedom for LG7 and we won’t pick the first, or any of the singles, but you gotta give us something commercial first.” We know labels want to play safe, and want what will generate as much money for them, as possible, especially in our current vanilla music market. So, could this have been the case with DWAS? (I won’t speculate into Bruno’s alleged gambling debt, because there’s really no proof to that, and that’s none of our business.) What are your thoughts? :oprah: 

Edited by Juanjo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Economy

I mean we never know for sure whats going on behind the scenes and interscope is a business at the end of the day but... I dont think thats it.

• Like 3

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i think we are just in a really cool new era where she is just making things she’s proud of and it doesn’t all have to be about mental health and pain etc. 

i think there’s validity to your thought, but i think we are going to see her take many forms over the next couple years at a faster pace than she typically would. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

codymonster

From a business perspective, I think this is her keeping her “Lady Gaga is a chameleon/can do anything” label alive. She is about to release a movie showing her acting chops, an album that is probably going to be more pop/dark showing her more out there persona, and this song is to show her more “star is born” side of her.

She has built fans in different areas of her artistry, and I feel like this was a way to reach the GP before two “GP risky” projects come out. 

That’s my best guess anyway. Just trying to safely get her back into the public to warm the world up to her before she brings the crazy that I’m sure Joker and LG7 will bring.

Edited by codymonster
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Nessun Dorma

We can never tell, but I don’t think that’s the case. Bruno approached Gaga and the concept was his idea. By this point, I believe Gaga earned the right to make her music with creative freedom, without label restrictions. Tbh I don’t see her agreeing with any situation other than that. 

find your freedom in the music
  • Like 3

Red

We have to be glad the label pushed a collab with a legend like Bruno and not some random rising rapper from TikTok

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 3

AnglerfishbraBENUS
8 minutes ago, codymonster said:

From a business perspective, I think this is her keeping her “Lady Gaga is a chameleon/can do anything” label alive. She is about to release a movie showing her acting chops, an album that is probably going to be more pop/dark showing her more out there persona, and this song is to show her more “star is born” side of her.

She has built fans in different areas of her artistry, and I feel like this was a way to reach the GP before two “GP risky” projects come out. 

That’s my best guess anyway. Just trying to safely get her back into the public to warm the world up to her before she brings the crazy that I’m sure Joker and LG7 will bring.

i think this too. if you’ve never been in a straight bar when Shallow plays you have no idea that Gaga has a grip on that entire market when she releases stuff like this 

• Like 2

weed

Am I delusional to think Interscope does not give any requests or demands to Gaga? I feel like they let her do whatever she wants, complete control, at least since Chromatica (idk if there's any label tea from then). She is... Lady Gaga!

• Thanks 1

ThisGuyTony
43 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

I’m loving this song, and the potential it has to become a smash and classic. I am so proud of Gaga for putting out such a beautiful work, and with such a legend, as Bruno. However, there’s no denying this is a very, very interesting event, and the fact it doesn’t belong to neither of the artist’s upcoming work, is also very… odd. Which, makes me wonder, was this maybe an agreement between Gaga and label? What if LG7 is so conceptual/experimental/non-GP-friendly, that Interscope said, “Ok, you have total creative freedom for LG7 and we won’t pick the first, or any of the singles, but you gotta give us something commercial first.” We know labels want to play safe, and want what will generate as much money for them, as possible, especially in our current vanilla music market. So, could this have been the case with DWAS? (I won’t speculate into Bruno’s alleged gambling debt, because there’s really no proof to that, and that’s none of our business.) What are your thoughts? :oprah: 

Tell me why I had these EXACT thoughts while driving to work yesterday and blasting DWAS :giveup: 

It just means LG7 is gonna have the experimental bops we’ve been craving :giveup: