OUT NOW!
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

X-MEN 97's Showrunner Accused of Sexual Misconduct.

Jigglygoth

Featured Posts

Jigglygoth

Beau DeMayo, the producer behind the hit streaming series X-Men 97 (a sequel to the 90s classic "X-Men: The Animated Series"), has been recently accused of sexual misconduct by Disney representatives. 

o--pxCmF_400x400.jpg

DeMayo was shockingly fired from the project before the series' premier, leaving fans speculating about the reasons behind his departure. Earlier this week, DeMayo took to Twitter to express his frustration about not being invited to the Emmys, given the show's nomination, and his involvement in it. 

x-men-97-cable-cyclops-jean-grey-edited.

Eventually, DeMayo declared that he was fired for posting suggestive fan art on Instagram, during pride month: 

beau-demayo-marvel-x-men-cyclops-art.jpg

However, when approached for comment, Disney representatives insisted the drawing had nothing to do with his firing, but his departure was a result of repeated sexual misconduct towards younger staff members. Among his alleged transgressions, DeMayo was accused of sending unsolicited, suggestive photos of himself in "heroic poses" to younger staff members to use as "reference and inspiration" for the show, as well as groping and verbal abuse allegations. 

The writer has yet to pronounce himself after the allegations became public. The series, which reignited the craze for the Marvel mutants, is set to continue for a 2nd and 3rd season, under a new creative team. 

01hv42gcs37eh950ne4j.jpg

Are you shook about the news besties? :classy:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Sad 1

RichAssPiss

What's the source for this story? I've only seen Deadline allege via unconfirmed sources thst there was some form of undisclosed misconduct. Where do these details come from? 

River

It's not the first time that he had issues in a production, so I guess it's correct.

Nobody cared about his twitter and thirst photos, Disney didn't fired Chris Evans after the D!ck tower photo incident for example, thirst is part of Marvel and always has been.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Jigglygoth
10 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

What's the source for this story? I've only seen Deadline allege via unconfirmed sources thst there was some form of undisclosed misconduct. Where do these details come from? 

So far, most of the fansites are reporting the news based on the articles published by The Hollywood Reporter, and The Insider. Those two seem to be the source for Disney's side of the story. 

Beau's side is pretty much his Twitter and his Instagram. He only alleged to the conflict directly this week, and the misconduct allegations were made public as a response to his claim that he was fired over a sexy drawing. 

So far, nobody came up with evidence to back up their claims: neither Beau, nor Disney. HOWEVER, considering the severity of the situation, I assume there's a huge legal turmoil behind the scenes as we speak. 

It's a mess :oprah:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Sunny

Considering how big Disney is you'd think they have more rigorous background checks. They probably just don't care

I like dancin', and ponies....

Eido
29 minutes ago, Jigglygoth said:

Beau DeMayo, the producer behind the hit streaming series X-Men 97 (a sequel to the 90s classic "X-Men: The Animated Series"), has been recently accused of sexual misconduct by Disney representatives. 

o--pxCmF_400x400.jpg

DeMayo was shockingly fired from the project before the series' premier, leaving fans speculating about the reasons behind his departure. Earlier this week, DeMayo took to Twitter to express his frustration about not being invited to the Emmys, given the show's nomination, and his involvement in it. 

x-men-97-cable-cyclops-jean-grey-edited.

Eventually, DeMayo declared that he was fired for posting suggestive fan art on Instagram, during pride month: 

beau-demayo-marvel-x-men-cyclops-art.jpg

However, when approached for comment, Disney representatives insisted the drawing had nothing to do with his firing, but his departure was a result of repeated sexual misconduct towards younger staff members. Among his alleged transgressions, DeMayo was accused of sending unsolicited, suggestive photos of himself in "heroic poses" to younger staff members to use as "reference and inspiration" for the show, as well as groping and verbal abuse allegations. 

The writer has yet to pronounce himself after the allegations became public. The series, which reignited the craze for the Marvel mutants, is set to continue for a 2nd and 3rd season, under a new creative team. 

01hv42gcs37eh950ne4j.jpg

Are you shook about the news besties? :classy:

So what you just said is not true and I don't know if mods can force edit what you just wrote.

Marvel sent him a letter following his instagram post (which is post him being fired in the first place) saying that he was not respecting his contract about not mentioning X-Men and that they had decided to not credit him as a writer for season 2 of X-Men 97 when he was one of the writers and lead writers. 

He then decided to poke Marvel again by stating that he was now invited to the Emmys while being nominated. Marvel replied that he was fired in the first place because of egregious conduct 

And that's all. The rest are coming from random posts on reddit and are not part of any statement.

• LMAO 1

Edonis

The fact that none of his colleagues (that worked on this show or other projects) came to bat for him after his rant spoke volumes imo. I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg of scummy stuff. 

• Like 1

Jigglygoth
1 minute ago, Eido said:

So what you just said is not true and I don't know if mods can force edit what you just wrote.

You can't because I said nothing, these are not my words, but the published information, publicly available in news websites. I don't know any of these people, I'm reporting on entertainment news as any other user does. 

Feel free to contact The Hollywood reporter if you want them to retract their article :ladyhaha:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Poker
13 minutes ago, River said:

It's not the first time that he had issues in a production, so I guess it's correct.

Nobody cared about his twitter and thirst photos, Disney didn't fired Chris Evans after the D!ck tower photo incident for example, thirst is part of Marvel and always has been.

Exactly my thoughts 

Kindness rules all.

Eido
1 minute ago, Jigglygoth said:

You can't because I said nothing, these are not my words, but the published information, publicly available in news websites. I don't know any of these people, I'm reporting on entertainment news as any other user does. 

Feel free to contact The Hollywood reporter if you want them to retract their article :ladyhaha:

It still remains that this is not part of any statement from either party 

Jigglygoth
3 minutes ago, Eido said:

It still remains that this is not part of any statement from either party

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/marvel-x-men-97-beau-demayo-misconduct-gay-pride-post-1236108632/

Feel free to contact Variety and demand they correct their misinformation, if you have insider knowledge on the matter. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-vO49sPYJL/?igsh=ZTY3OXIxbTZrdjZ5

I am not accusing Beau of anything, I am reporting on the accusations that are being made PUBLIC by other people, as we do every single day on this website. My post also very clearly states that all of this is alleged :iamfair:

13 minutes ago, Edonis said:

The fact that none of his colleagues (that worked on this show or other projects) came to bat for him after his rant spoke volumes imo. I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg of scummy stuff. 

I used to defend him A LOT on social media, because I wouldn't bother assuming THE WORST about anybody, without any concrete evidence, or believable claim. At the time, the rumours about his departure were so vague, I couldn't bring myself to give them any credit. However, the recent claims seem more serious. 

As much as I want to side with him, it seems unlikely that people would be going around claiming he groped them, without anything to back it up. If he's innocent, he should come up with receipts asap. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 1

Reality

I'm inclined to believe it. X-Men 97 is one of the best pieces of comic book content (movie or TV show) in a very long time, so while DeMayo might be a great creative, something about him seems sketchy. I haven't been a fan of his social media presence since the show aired. Frankly, he appears egotistical and self-serving. That drawing was also done after he was fired—if I recall correctly. So him saying that was the reason doesn't make any sense. 

The fact that Marvel fired him so close to the premiere without any hesitation is extremely telling. They must've known how good the show was, so to fire him about a week before the premiere is nothing but bad press. Still, they did it. It's also telling that no one who's worked on X-Men 97 is outrightly defending him. 

Edited by Reality
🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

Jigglygoth
4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm inclined to believe it.

Before this situation, the only "insider" information that was publicly available was two vague tweets from a collegue of his (I think his name was Matt Dambrosio), that SEEMED to reference Beau, and alleged "emotional and physical abuse". But TBH, the tweets, now deleted, seemed extremely vague, and salty, for me to take them seriously. 

However, the most recent allegations are far more concrete. I don't know about the groping thing that was alleged on the Instagram post I shared above, but the whole "sending suggestive photos" thing seems pretty believable. 

I want for him to be innocent, because I do think that, artistically, he's the best thing that has happened to the X-Men franchise in decades. But the allegations seem rather serious this time around. 

Hopefully the truth will prevail, whatever it is. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST