Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
music news

#9 Ariana Grande: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Catnikko
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Usher had a pretty good run in the 00s. He had 9 #1s and is one of the most awarded artists by Billboard. I think he has a decent shot at getting placed in the top 10. Who knows though. This list isn’t making too much sense. :chica:

Imma admit that for some reason seeing 21st century made me think it was about 2010 and after help :air:

Rethinking, Usher def should be high up somewhere :ladyhaha:

Dance in the shadow of the meow

Teletubby

Shakira only has 1 No. 1 on the Hot 100 and 0 No. 1 albums :flippy:

#17 Shakira
17_Shakira_embed_2-greatest-pop-stars-24
17_Shakira_embed_1-greatest-pop-stars-2417_Shakira_embed_3-greatest-pop-stars-24

Edited by Teletubby
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

• Teletubby changed the title to #17 Shakira: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century
Aga Gydal

I had predictions written down for this and almost put Shakira in there but then backed out lol. This was my guess:

1. Taylor

2. Rihanna

3. Drake

4. Eminem

5. Beyonce

6. Britney 

7. Nicki

8. Justin Bieber

9. Adele

10. Gaga

11. Black Eyed Peas

12. Kanye

13. Madonna

14. Ariana

15. Mariah

16. Janet

17. Justin Timberlake

RodeckDanny

YES go go Shakira totally deserved she's a Colombian Icon and her first album are poetry 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)
  • Like 2

Plastic Flower

I believe Shakira deserves to make it but I'm confused about these placements :teenidle:

Drop it

• Teletubby changed the title to #16 Jay-Z: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century
darkgaga

So at least this confirms artist that debuted before 2000 can be included, but they just consider what they did this century

Gagaism

I think Madonna is gonna be way higher than you guys imagine. I mean, we had COADF in 2005 which was a phenomenal era, not to mention the good numbers she could still score after that and her influence in general. 

It really bothers me the fact that somebody like Drake would get such high place just because of numbers :messga:

• LMAO 1

vitoburrrito

lol @ the Katy Perry write up talking about her impact, listing things that Gaga should be credited for. 

the number one position will be Taylor Swift or Beyoncé. Britney, Gaga, Kanye, Ariana, Adele, Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber will likely be in the top 10.  Rihanna too unless they decide her absence since 2016 disqualifies her for top 10. 

A lot of these honorable mentions are a bit suspicious. A lot of them discount artists who were only consistent hitmakers for 5 years but who have nevertheless influenced current stars (e.g., 50 Cent, Missy Elliot, Christina, and P!nk have all had cultural impact that outweighed their chart success. Yet they claim Katy set a blueprint despite only being successful for five years? Weird). Supposedly the list isn’t only about chart success but if you read between the lines in the honorable mentions, it has barred a lot of impactful stars to make room for…One Direction and inevitably Harry Styles separately? :triggered:

Edited by vitoburrrito

Killa

This list Is a mess. Jayfad Who even Remembers jayz. Now thats One rapper Who really was forgotten. How can bruno Mars be lower? Than Will Beyoncé be Number One ?

In this Logic jlo or Alicia krys should be higher. Or mr worldwide, save US God. 

What kind of parameters are they even using here. 

As numbers go, Adele Mariah Taylor and Katy must have been the MOST successful in Sales. But then again how do you compare with streaming 

• Teletubby changed the title to #15 Miley Cyrus: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century
Easy

The fact that Gaga is dominating once again is making delusional me think that this list is planned by Bobby and Number 1 will be revealed in when LG7 lead releases

Edited by Easy
  • YAAAS 1

• Teletubby changed the title to #14 Rita Ora: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century
  • Teletubby changed the title to #9 Ariana Grande: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century
  • Teletubby changed the title to #11 Usher: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century