music news

Chappell Roan’s is aiming for a new peak of #2 on the Billboard 200

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Bronco

This isn't a Gaga comparison before anyone bites lol 

But I feel like the last pop star we saw with such a meteoric rise like Chappell was Fame/Fame Monster era Gaga. 

Obviously had big names since, Billie for example, but the level of hype around Chappell is insane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QueenMortuana
29 minutes ago, Bronco said:

This isn't a Gaga comparison before anyone bites lol 

But I feel like the last pop star we saw with such a meteoric rise like Chappell was Fame/Fame Monster era Gaga. 

Obviously had big names since, Billie for example, but the level of hype around Chappell is insane. 

I feel the same. It reminds me of the post Fame release + tour + festival circuit which all lead up to the VMAs and The Fame Monster blowup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

tyler k
4 hours ago, QueenMortuana said:

I feel the same. It reminds me of the post Fame release + tour + festival circuit which all lead up to the VMAs and The Fame Monster blowup. 

it's an extremely fair comparison to make! 

they're obviously not the same but have something similar going on aesthetically & thematically with their respective projects.

both are carving out a space for queer people to feel seen in the pop culture sphere - this time its for the sapphics and i think it's beautiful that a queer woman is topping the charts with her unabashedly sexual gay music it's so amazing  

Edited by tyler k
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1