music news

Katy Perry to receive the Vanguard Award at VMAs, according to Trisha Paytas

Teletubby

Featured Posts

SlowLoris

But also is nobody gonna talk about how Trisha Paytas knows this info??????  I just find that hilarious that someone leaked that to her

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, SlowLoris said:

But also is nobody gonna talk about how Trisha Paytas knows this info??????  I just find that hilarious that someone leaked that to her

well she needs to know if she's presenting her the award 

`${'📅' * 5}`.repeat(10) + ' Batman!';
  • LMAO 1

NATAH
50 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

Yes, it was something about Miley, but Miley herself didn't have any say in the matter afaik 

And it's so crazy to me, in what world you refuse Gaga to give the spotlight to Miley, I love her, but in 2013 Gaga deserved it... To think about all she did for the VMA's to be snubbed like that, I can understand why she carries a grudge about it.

We could have gotten another 2009 level performance, I feel we were robbed from something very special in 2013. I still love the 2013 performance we did got though, Gaga killed it, and it was the highlight of the ceremony.

whoever was running the VMAs at the time was too focused on the fact Miley was the latest media headliner and assumed she would be the better choice at drawing in an audience, just because her drastic image change was making absolute waves at the time and Gaga's image was starting to decline with the "she's over" narrative :smh:

mother, what must i do?
  • Sad 1

lastpopicon
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

whoever was running the VMAs at the time was too focused on the fact Miley was the latest media headliner and assumed she would be the better choice at drawing in an audience, just because her drastic image change was making absolute waves at the time and Gaga's image was starting to decline with the "she's over" narrative :smh:

And that narrative backfired terribly for them, 11 years later she's still a top-selling artist that can sing pop, jazz and even rock/metal, still getting 1# albums and 1# hits with a huge & dedicated fan base still following her.

She just recently opened the Olympics singing a foreign language, what other pop star could actually pull that off? Probably nobody... Plus, she is an award-winning actress and a Hollywood darling now.

In the end, she won, and won so hard that they needed to craft a custom award to get her back :classy:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 7

robotvoiceinalice
15 hours ago, Jack3257 said:

As much as I want Gaga to win this award at some point, I think Katy deserves to receive hers first.

Music videos have always been a strong point for Katy.  While Gaga certainly has iconic ones, the only one that was iconic in the last decade was 911.  Even if Katy has a so-so song, chances are it will have a great music video (look at literally any single from Witness).  During COVID, Katy still pushed the boundaries with visuals for Smile, and while she was pregnant!

I’m not the biggest Katy fan, but she deserves this.  I also think she might use this as an opportunity to announce the release of her professionally filmed release of “PLAY” (which I also have to say looks amazing).

:excusemeno::excusemeno::excusemeno:

the truth is Katy did have iconic videos and she was known for her visuals. Take Part of Me or Dark Horse or Unconditionally. However, just like her music recently, her videos have become very bland and basic and sometimes a try hard attempt at humor that is so cringe its cheesier than the pizza I'm having atm. Katy provided content unlike some during covid, but what boundaries did she exactly push? 

also Gagas last era was the Chromatica one which had all 3 videos being solid, the next song to be released was HMH which is for a movie and that Rolling Stones collab which didn't have a video. Saying Gaga hasn't released an iconic video since 911 when that literally was her last single from an era is kinda like saying Gaga hasn't released a solid album since Chromatica:ladyhaha:  not entirely sure why you want to compare Gaga tho

• Like 4

Real Panda
7 minutes ago, robotvoiceinalice said:

The only good thing to come out of this current era:brat:

She's receiving the award on Sept. 11 which commemorates 9/11/2001, the deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history which killed 2,997 people.

Unless they move the date, I can already foresee the negative posts online about an out of touch celebrity receiving the award on such a tragic day.

• Like 2
  • Shook 1

robotvoiceinalice
Just now, Real Panda said:

She's receiving the award on Sept. 11 which commemorates 9/11/2001, the deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history which killed 2,997 people.

Unless they move the date, I can already foresee the negative posts online about an out of touch celebrity receiving the award on such a tragic day.

Oh:icant:  never mind then

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

TortureMeOnReplay
8 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

I'd guess because of the change of plans of the Applause performance at the VMA's.

She had a much more daring and complex performance in mind, but they reportedly refused her, and we got the performance we have today, still a great and iconic performance, she killed it, but it wasn't what she originally wanted. 

You can read the original concept in detail here:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/85190950.html

I love that performance. But you can see how the original concept is toned down into what we got, into a much simplified version. I don't think the VMAs would have ever let her outshine Miley that year. Nicki also got a lot of backlash for her exorcism the year prior so I understand why the VMAs wanted to steer clear of torture. I don't think Gaga should hold them accountable in the end, but I also understand why she might feel that way. 

Economy
17 hours ago, Juanjo said:

From the artistry standpoint, she deserves. Her videos, for the most part, were fun. I still don’t feel bad for her flopping. 

I like most of her videos and singles too tbh though the level of floppage is just sad :toofunny:

Guillaume Hamon

The 2 gays removed from the "modest" version of the Woman's world video should present the award.

:trollga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Saint Hollywood

Katy Perry possibly receiving this award on 9/11 of all days… the jokes write themselves at this point. 😭

• LMAO 4

mightyriverz

well since it's confimed now, who's next

charli d'amelio or james charles

• LMAO 1