💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry to receive the Vanguard Award at VMAs, according to Trisha Paytas

Teletubby

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico
2 hours ago, Jack3257 said:

As much as I want Gaga to win this award at some point, I think Katy deserves to receive hers first.

Music videos have always been a strong point for Katy.  While Gaga certainly has iconic ones, the only one that was iconic in the last decade was 911.  Even if Katy has a so-so song, chances are it will have a great music video (look at literally any single from Witness).  During COVID, Katy still pushed the boundaries with visuals for Smile, and while she was pregnant!

I’m not the biggest Katy fan, but she deserves this.  I also think she might use this as an opportunity to announce the release of her professionally filmed release of “PLAY” (which I also have to say looks amazing).

This has always bugged me, Gaga was known for her videos and after ARTPOP we barely get anything.

• Thanks 1

elijahfan
25 minutes ago, SOON said:

yeah but let's not fool ourselves, they might've probably scheduled the album release according to VMA's too

That's exactly what I'm saying.

elijahfan

As much as I want Gaga to win this award at some point, I think Katy deserves to receive hers first.

Why is everyone acting like Gaga didn't literally receive a version of this award in 2020? :awkney:

lady-gaga-3-b1055cf1cc604c3f9395ce0d2af1

• Like 1

SOON
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

Why is everyone acting like Gaga didn't literally receive a version of this award in 2020? :awkney:

lady-gaga-3-b1055cf1cc604c3f9395ce0d2af1

We don’t tho. It’s literally mentioned in this thread and I agreed to it?

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Controversiaga

Big yikes , mainly because it’s bad timing 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

mightyriverz

is the VMA still a thing even? I mean, even Anitta bought her one. next year they'll gift a few to the cast of whateverthestate Shore just for the laughs of it. 

MTV was done the minute Bowie and Whitney finished them. 

Ladle Ghoulash
2 hours ago, SOON said:

Well it's an award mainly focusing on Music Videos so it's kinda fair. Wish the music in the videos were good enough too, which is the part that bugs me :enigma:

Yeah, KP’s videography is…not good lmao 

Controversiaga

While Gaga certainly has iconic ones, the only one that was iconic in the last decade was 911.  

I mean, let’s be honest- 911 didn’t make any splash outside of this fan base.

Gagas last music videos to make a lasting impact were born this way era. And many of them are forgotten by the GP by now anyways 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Sad 1

elijahfan
36 minutes ago, SOON said:

We don’t tho. It’s literally mentioned in this thread and I agreed to it?

Then why are we still pondering the idea of Gaga getting it? Not only does she pretty much have it, but it also doesn't mean much in terms of merit, so at this point who cares.

• Like 1

MrHappy

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHSHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHSHSHSHSHSHHSHAAHAHHAHAHAH

okay :neyde:

monstertoronto

Sorry to make this about Gaga but why hasn’t Gags received this award yet? Was the weird one-off Haus Labs  Tri-clone award instead of it?

lastpopicon
3 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Sorry to make this about Gaga but why hasn’t Gags received this award yet? Was the weird one-off Haus Labs  Tri-clone award instead of it?

She refused it and demanded a custom award aka the Tricon award

Fresh from Popjustice:

1.png

2.png

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1
  • Shook 3