💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Pokémon Voice Actress Rachael Lillis Dies at 46

CoolTrainerTerry

Featured Posts

CoolTrainerTerry

Voice actress Veronica Taylor (Ash from Pokémon) revealed on Monday that voice actress Rachael Lillis died on the evening of August 10. She had been battling breast cancer. She was 46.

Taylor wrote that Lillis' family would like to thank fans as they take this time to grieve privately. There will be a memorial for Lillis at a future date.

Both Taylor and fellow voice actor Eric Stuart (Brock and James from Pokémon) shared their condolences.

A GoFundMe campaign had launched on May 13 for voice Lillis to help fund a home care nurse. The campaign had revealed that Lillis has been diagnosed with breast cancer that has spread to her spine, thus leaving her barely able to walk. The campaign noted that Lillis has been in a nursing home in Los Angeles since late January to receive care, but that the noise in the nursing home has made it difficult for her to rest. On Monday, the campaign announced her death along with a message.

Lillis has voiced many roles in the various Pokémon anime, but is perhaps best known for two major roles in particular: Misty, one of the anime's original three Pokémon trainer protagonists, and Jessie, one half of the Team Rocket villain duo. Her other well-known English dub roles include Utena Tenjō in Revolutionary Girl Utena, Martina in Slayers Next, Micott Bartsch in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Nagi Kirima in Boogiepop Phantom, Yuriko Star in The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Kanaka Ohno in Genshiken, and Ami Kurimoto in DNA².

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-08-12/pokemon-voice-actress-rachael-lillis-dies-at-46/.214228

• Sad 10

robotvoiceinalice

What an icon, RIP legend 

Edited by robotvoiceinalice

River

she's also behind the voice of Jigglypuff, so young, what the hell, rest in peace :(

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Sad 1

Starmie25

She brought so much pi-zaz and heart to the both Misty and Jessie. :kara:

I also didn't realise both were dubbed by same person till recently too wow. 

Edited by Starmie25

Heygirl22

I never cry when actors or celebs pass 

guys I just wept ….Pokemon and Utena were favorites of mine growing up 

I even had the Pokemon cds she was an amazing voice actress …..anime voice acting is nothing like it used to be 

she was to young my heart and prayers go out to her loved ones 🥺