SimonBaetens

Featured Posts

SimonBaetens

…thoughts?

Edited by SimonBaetens
when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3

• SimonBaetens changed the title to Anthony Fantano: “Katy Perry’s fall off needs to be studied”
bionic

I disagree. It's not a mystery or particularly complex why she's flopping. Her fall is nothing remarkable. It would only be worth studying if she somehow came back from it

buy bionic
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

Economy
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

I disagree. It's not a mystery or particularly complex why she's flopping. Her fall is nothing remarkable. It would only be worth studying if she somehow came back from it

The sheer speed of the collapse was very unexpected i think tho. 

She was birthing out non stop hits then suddenly one day she wasnt and every single song flopped

• Like 18
  • Shook 1

Snorlax

Womans World sounds like it's from 2012 and Lifetimes sounds like it's from 2016. That is her problem

• Like 3

Real Panda

No one needs to study Katy Perry or her "fall". This has happened to so many artists, lots of female artists who came before her. Cyndi Lauper, Paula Abdul, Christina Aguilera, and most recently Dua Lipa.

• Like 6

ARTPOPKISS
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

The sheer speed of the collapse was very unexpected i think tho. 

She was birthing out non stop hits then suddenly one day she wasnt and every single song flopped

Then again so was Mariah Carey and then she flopped very suddenly the only difference between her flop era and Katys is that Mariah managed to comeback from hers which needs to be studied (and is going to be studied by me next year :cheeky:),  Mariah did nothing inheritanly bad or wrong (from what I know) that was the reason for her downfall, and the music made by Mariah was very good and Katys was not

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ARTPOPKISS

I think its most definitely possible for Katy to have a comeback but it has be done in a similar fashion to Mariah Carey coming back with The Emancipation of Mimi that's after she's cleaned up her image I could write a very long essay about this but I shall spare you all from having to deal with that :enigma:

Edited by ARTPOPKISS
F@ggotry at its finest

Babel

I think the problem is Katy doesn't have a clear vision of her artistry. You can be kirky, camp fun but also be smart about it. Katy has been mediocre, lacking and predictable.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Donatellah

I mean, there's a point for mainstream artists when their hype and virality just die and don't have hits anymore nor "flops" because they've established a fanbase.

Madonna, Cher, Kylie, Demi, Selena, and many others. Even Gaga a bit, although I do think she's still popular to this day, just not the same way as 2008-11

• Like 3

Bronco
17 minutes ago, Babel said:

I think the problem is Katy doesn't have a clear vision of her artistry. You can be kirky, camp fun but also be smart about it. Katy has been mediocre, lacking and predictable.

1000% 
Chappell Roan is very much in the quirky, campy, fun school of pop girls. But it feels genuine, it feels lived and she has a clear vision for her work. 

Katy's biggest era was essentially given to her by collaborators and she went with it.  

Personally I think Katy's biggest problem is minus a few very very loud twitter stans, who actually knows of a Katy Perry fan? 

• Like 10
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

lg5

It’s really not that remarkable. Her fans and the general public for a time wanted to think she was the next Madonna, when really she was the next Cyndi Lauper. There’s nothing wrong with being that role in pop, but signs of success will be very few and far inbetween 

• Like 4

Butters Stotch

She never evolved and people got tired of always getting the same music with the same lyrics and childish style.

It's no surprise this happened.

That's why it is so important what Gaga decided to do with her career once the ARTPOP era was being attacked everywhere. Sh realized she had to move on and show her talent to the public instead of sticking to the same formula that was not going to work anymore.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

NATAH

i mean there's not a lot to study, it's not like she was some spectacular multi talented phenomenon who suddenly fell off

she's putting minimal effort into her artistry and as a result, is getting minimal returns :shrug: she assumed a seasoned hit maker would do all the work for her and being "politically correct" would earn her some bravery points but she's sorely mistaken

she's clearly not passionate about this body of work. the second single has a stitched together iMovie music video and she's doing absolutely nothing to sell the record or her image

she's taking vacation after vacation when she should be out there making noise or doing something exciting. i'm willing to bet she would have a lot more attention and positive press towards the album if she was out serving looks for the paparazzi instead of her 5th beach of the month

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Gangie

What's here to be sdudied? 

Payola was exposed and ended so did her career

If I like it, then that's what I get!