💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sabrina Carpenter feels a lack of connection to her first 4 albums

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I didn't know about her before Espresso but she's only 25 and has 4 other albums so it's understandable that she feels that way about stuff she wrote when she was younger, it happens with a lot of artists. I think she's going to appreciate them again when she's in her 30s or 40s.

monstertoronto

She’s trying to reposition herself as a newly launched girl to resteer all the “6 albums in and nominated for “Best New Artist”??” chatter. 

• Like 3

TheOriginalOne

I think it has more to do with the fact that the first 4 albums were released under Hollywood records, aka Disney. I haven’t heard them but I assume the creation process for those albums was highly controlled by Disney. Her fifth album is the first one that she made without Disney and that probably why she feels like that is her true debut. I can understand what she means. It’s kinda like how Miley’s debut truly feels like Bangerz even though she already had a bunch of music under Disney. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RainingOnMe

Y'all are so dramatic... and missed the point entirely.

She's right and I agree with her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronk
2 hours ago, Red said:

Good to know cause these days I was going to listen to her to see what the hype is about and when I saw she had several albums I was like no byeeeeeeeeee

Give her a try.  In her own way she shines so brightly.

I saw her live in 2017.  She moved me to tears with her cover of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Madame Goo Goo
4 hours ago, Versace said:

Literally this. It’s so cringe when artists say stuff like this or take digs at their less successful projects. 

And wth does she mean by her as an artist pre and post pandemic lol. Gurl people lost lives, jobs and more and you’re out here telling me the pandemic affected your creativity. 

Excited for her album but artists do be saying the most sometimes. 

You took what she was saying in the absolute worst faith way possible. There is no need to act like she can’t talk about the pandemic affecting her creativity when so so many artists have talked about it, and are valid for doing so. The pandemic was a collective experience in society that shifted a **** ton of stuff. Just because she wasn’t poor or did not die does not mean it did not affect her to be in the world at that time, just as it doesn’t mean it didn’t affect everyone else who may have been more fortunate.

Also, it is a very valid statement coming from her, as she was signed to Hollywood Records (the Walt Disney pop label) and they by and large do not allow their artists much creative control, especially those that are teenagers starring on their TV series and films. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 1