💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga have stuck with her sound

Mr S

Featured Posts

Starmie25

I became a fan from Joanne/Perfect Illusion and then slowly fell hard for her electronic, techno pop sounds from 2008-2013.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Gorehound
7 minutes ago, River said:

It's kinda ignorant to say that lana is stuck with the same sound, she stays true to her concept, the 50s-60s americana, her general sound is alt pop but she has many songs in different genres like dream pop, trip hop, hip hop, country, rock, psychedelic and more.

I think @Mr S is referring more towards their overall aesthetic than their sound, even tho they wrote it as 'sound'. Or at least it's the way I took the question.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 1

Red

But switching it up is what makes her loved đŸ€”

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

NATAH

absolutely NOT, that would make her very boring and is the reason why i'm so uninterested in many popstars

the reason Poppy is one of my favs is cus she's moved from pop to rock to metal to grunge back to metal

also lana hasn't stuck with a sound either

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

lastpopicon
Just now, Red said:

But switching it up is what makes her loved đŸ€”

One of the reasons I stan Gaga is because she is always evolving and experimenting with her sound.

Plus, she's way too good and creative to stick to the same type of music, she's not that type of artist.

The melody that you choose can rescue you

Controversiaga

I feel like I see allllll the time us monsters here saying we want redone back we want djws back we want fernado garibay back

to me it sounds like we do want her to stay true to her OG sounds from the fame, to TFM to BTW- but we want to hear growth and innovation within her OG dance pop centric genre 

Taylor and Lana keep using the same producer for like they’re last 5 albums , Gaga never uses the same team for more than 2-3 albums it seems

i think we all agree the album/genre she thrived best in is her first 3 albums, with TFM and BTW being most favored. 

Edited by Controversiaga
Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Thanks 1

Mr S
19 minutes ago, River said:

It's kinda ignorant to say that lana is stuck with the same sound, she stays true to her concept, the 50s-60s americana, her general sound is alt pop but she has many songs in different genres like dream pop, trip hop, hip hop, country, rock, psychedelic and more.

Well I don't mean every song of hers sounds the same. She has stuck to her general sound and aesthetic.

• Like 1

RichAssPiss

The only Gaga album to me that doesn't sound distinctly like Gaga is Chromatica. Even Joanne transposed a lot of the formal characteristics of a Gaga song into a different genre. It's just instruments more than synthesizer. But a lot of her signatures are there. Even "Shallow" has the Gaga syllable flip element from "Bad Romance," etc. The only thing on chromatica that feels distinctly Gaga to me is "911' and to a lesser extent "Stupid Love" (it has the brighter open sound of "Born This Way' material. But I don't think she's abandoned her sound. She's just played with it's parameters. I still think Chromatica is the only time she really caved to popular taste. 

Reject False Icons

I Wish Lana made some songs in the Born to die style, she hasn’t done anything like that again :bradley: I could say she has been consistent since honeymoon 

• Thanks 1

gemein3

No, otherwise she’d become an irrelevant relic of the 2010’s. 

Katy Perry is the proof you need. 

StressedOut

I don't think Gaga's stylistic/genre choices are driven by public reception/perception necessarily. (Or it's not the most important aspect to her for sure)

Gaga herself decided that her 'thing' was going to be continuously shifting her look and sound. And really I would say most of her success at this point comes from the fact that she's able to faithfully deliver on whatever look/sound/style/genre she wants to play with at the time.

RenegAde

Gaga is bigger than lana and Charlie combined. Shes much more acclaimed than both too. These are bad examples of people Gaga should be taking notes from in order to gain success (which she already has)

• Like 1

palma
1 hour ago, RichAssPiss said:

The only Gaga album to me that doesn't sound distinctly like Gaga is Chromatica. Even Joanne transposed a lot of the formal characteristics of a Gaga song into a different genre. It's just instruments more than synthesizer. But a lot of her signatures are there. Even "Shallow" has the Gaga syllable flip element from "Bad Romance," etc. The only thing on chromatica that feels distinctly Gaga to me is "911' and to a lesser extent "Stupid Love" (it has the brighter open sound of "Born This Way' material. But I don't think she's abandoned her sound. She's just played with it's parameters. I still think Chromatica is the only time she really caved to popular taste. 

I agree. Chromatica feels safe and not as bombastic as you'd expect from a 90's throwback Gaga house album. She only has production credits on the interludes. That didn't happen on a Gaga album except The Fame (which still has some Gaga production credits). Pretty sure on LG7 she'll have at least one song produced solely by her as she seems to be back at her element. :partysick:

Sepsami

I like Charli and Lana but comparing their success to Gaga is silly. Gaga blows both of them out of the water careerwise. She's massively successful with an extremely loyal fanbase. I don't know how much better she could've done it if I'm honest.

Oriane

What do you even call her sound? I'm sure you're thinking of The Fame, even though her roots are more pop-rock, ballads etc.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams