đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga have stuck with her sound

Mr S

Featured Posts

Nessun Dorma

The way I see, “stay true to her sound” doesn’t mean persisting on one sound. She has being true to her sound since the beginning. Gaga is a multifaceted singer and she’ll keep reinventing herself as long as she’s in this industry. She honors her sound by pushing boundaries and not allowing herself to be encapsulated in only one music genre. 

find your freedom in the music
  • Like 1

Nessun Dorma
2 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

I became a fan from Joanne/Perfect Illusion and then slowly fell hard for her electronic, techno pop sounds from 2008-2013.

The same thing happened here :huntyga:

The jazz albums are side projects and I don’t see anything wrong with them. ASIB was obviously not a mistake. Now Joanne was indeed a huge mistake that cost a good chunk of the fanbase.

NATAH
4 minutes ago, Aren said:

Now Joanne was indeed a huge mistake that cost a good chunk of the fanbase.

just factually not true otherwise the tour would have struggled to sell tickets

if anything, it strengthened her fanbase to a more mature level than a fleeting fanbase built upon chart obsession (exhibit A: katy perry)

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nessun Dorma
2 hours ago, Aren said:

The jazz albums are side projects and I don’t see anything wrong with them. ASIB was obviously not a mistake. Now Joanne was indeed a huge mistake that cost a good chunk of the fanbase.

I don’t think Joanne is a mistake, on the contrary, it’s a welcome reminder of Gaga’s versatility. The album is obviously not a fan favorite, but according to Metacritic, it received generally favorable reviews and it was certificated both platinum and gold. 

Perhaps Joanne was never meant to be a blockbuster, but it’s definitely a memorable album in Gaga’s discography. It allowed her to explore others sounds, develop her musicianship and connect to what was meaningful for her. That’s what music is all about. 

Monstermilo

lana is not in her peak LOL - charli is critically acclaimed but her musics not charting well 

i like that Gaga is versatile but i wish she focused more time on POP music 

Pharamon
6 hours ago, Grim said:

It gets boring when an artist doesn't grow. I love that Gaga doesn't stick to one thing and I hope she'll keep trying new directions:pawsup:

Sticking to a genre doesn't mean you're not growing

Dayman

Her sound has been very consistent though. 3 staples being the more singer-songwriter sound (ie Red and Blue, Joanne, ASiB), electronic dance, piano ballads, and Jazz. Sure there’s influences of other genres in there - but there ALWAYS has been. Part of what makes an album like ARTPOP as memorable as it is is the way it explored so many different genre influences - that album alone had trance, rock, RnB, trap, electro house, funk, and countless others. The consistency in Gaga’s sound is her commitment to breaking genre barriers.

Smother Em Eh

Absolutely not! One of the reasons why Gaga is so great is because of not only her immense talent but her versatility. It’s a special thing that really sets her apart from the others. Sticking to her sound would be playing it way too safe (Look at Katy, no shade tho) and would be a disgrace to her talent, creativity & skills. 

I’m so glad to stan an Artist who not only goes outside the box but pushes boundaries and experiments with different sounds and musical and writing styles. 

Edited by Smother Em Eh
Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!