💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Deadpool Is Officially Bigger Than Jesus

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Deadpool & Wolverine to be exact. 

There’s a running, and much-repeated, joke early in this summer’s Deadpool & Wolverine, in which Ryan Reynolds’ comic book motormouth declares himself “Marvel Jesus”—a joke that’s now borne itself out pretty well, with the film serving as a savior for the Marvel Cinematic Universe after a year or two of pretty slump-y box office returns. Now, though, it sounds like Reynolds and co-star Hugh Jackman might be set to go the full Beatles, and become bigger than Jesus—in the sense that their movie is about to steal the title for “most successful R-rated movie in America” away from The Passion Of The Christ this weekend.

This is per Variety, which reports that Deadpool & Wolverine is set to demolish basically everything else at the box office this weekend, including M. Night Shyamalan and Josh Hartnett’s new thriller Trap. (Trap’s doing fine, for what it is, on track to make about $15 million—a better opening than 2023’s Knock At The Cabin—but nobody was harboring any delusions that Shyamalan’s movie was going to take a chunk out of Reynolds’ cash.) In fact, Deadpool & Wolverine probably beat the combined weekend totals of every other movie in American theaters this weekend on Friday alone, when it brought it $28.3 million. It’s expected to hit at least $94 million over the weekend, which not only marks a very good 55 percent second weekend drop, but which will also sail it past The Passion‘s $370 million domestic take. It’s already, just two weeks into release, the second biggest U.S. performer of 2024, and while it still has a long way to go to beat Inside Out 2—still likely to land at fifth place this week, two months after coming out—it’s got momentum on its side.

https://www.avclub.com/deadpool-wolverine-box-office-beats-jesus

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I'd like a cheeseburger, please, large fries, and a Cosmopolitan! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 1

DesertWolf

Oh can't wait for The Passion of The Christ sequel to break that record 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh_XtbcAOFrI3ug5a2W-N

JOYRIDE
  • LMAO 1

palma
4 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

G.U.Y. (An ARTPOP Film) already exists 

ladygagaguy.png?quality=80&format=jpg&wi

• YAAAS 4

DesertWolf
6 minutes ago, palma said:

G.U.Y. (An ARTPOP Film) already exists 

ladygagaguy.png?quality=80&format=jpg&wi

oh a cult movie for the gays, we need a more commercial version :pray: mix it with 911, add some biblical stories like the Judas video and she's ready to take those Oscars. She better bring Bradley to play Mary and perform Shallow 2.0 with her 

GettyImages-1127328715.jpg

JOYRIDE
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Sunny

They're also both mediocre and overrated what who said that

I like dancin', and ponies....
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Anderson123
23 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

Passion of The Christ: The Second Coming of Jesus. 

Jodie Foster Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• LMAO 2

NATAH
8 minutes ago, Sunny said:

They're also both mediocre and overrated what who said that

my sense of humour is pretty childish and even i couldn't sit through the Deadpool movies, felt like they were written by 14 year olds who just discovered Family Guy :triggered:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

RichAssPiss
40 minutes ago, Economy said:

Just curious are these numbers inflation adjusted? 20 years is a long time

No. These are straight gross comparisons. No studio uses inflation adjusted figures for their PR headlines because it makes their releases look less impressive. 

• Like 2

RAMROD
36 minutes ago, Easy said:

Joker FAD will dethrone

Between this ($438M & $824M WW) and the first Joker movie ($247M & $55M WW), the stakes will be very high for the first and second week. Y'all better watch more than once at the cinema instead watching from muvee321 or whatever :trollga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I'd like a cheeseburger, please, large fries, and a Cosmopolitan! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Economy
Just now, RichAssPiss said:

No. These are straight gross comparisons. No studio uses inflation adjusted figures for their PR headlines because it makes their releases look less impressive. 

Its apples to oranges then cuz $1 today is a very different value than $1 20 years ago. U might as well be comparings British Pounds to the Polish Sloty

But i get why they would want to conviniently ignore that

• Like 1

RAMROD
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

U might as well be comparings British Pounds to the Polish Sloty

That kinda maths just don't work for these stuffs

elijahfan
58 minutes ago, Economy said:

Just curious are these numbers inflation adjusted? 20 years is a long time

Of course they're not, that's how all these successful but ultimately forgettable films are dethroning legendary movies of the past.