💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Is Gaga a Singles artist?

Versace

Featured Posts

Bronco
2 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Imo Chromatica was her Ray Of Light. It's the same kind of self-discovery and emerging spirituality she's exploring. I'm ready for LG7 to be her Confessions :gaycat:

I mean thematically I definitely agree. 

I was more using Ray of Light's commercial & critical success. Ray of Light is the reason Madonna remained a stalwart in the 00s and beyond imo

• Love 1

holy scheisse
42 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Imo Chromatica was her Ray Of Light

Hun…… im gonna nod and smile :ally:

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

HelloHangoverz
22 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Hun…… im gonna nod and smile :ally:

Because I'm right. Iktr!

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place

LateToCult
1 hour ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Imo Chromatica was her Ray Of Light. It's the same kind of self-discovery and emerging spirituality she's exploring. I'm ready for LG7 to be her Confessions :gaycat:

Well that’s depressing :deadbanana:

Jack3257
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

And there is a truth to that. She has not created music that matches her skill level, because her team is somehow convinced they need to pump out marketable singles. It is a dying formula and embarrassing to stick to when people like Billie, Charli,... are out here selling pretty experimental music compared to what Gaga sends to radio. This should be her peak time and she seems to be one of the less musically daring artists right now. I hope that will change. This is the perfect climate for her to remind the public that she is still the girl that listened to Bowie and Megadeth as well as Britney and Madonna.

Based on Gaga’s recent behavior, it’s clear she truly cares about this album and it feels like she’s way more invested than she was with Joanne or Chromatica.

I’ve almost started to suspect that the teaser at the end of TCB film was more a message about empowerment and artistic ownership than to actually hype people for new music.  Gaga wanted to let fans know that she was going to fully embrace her “Gaga” persona when she puts out new music.  Despite Chromatica being a relatively safe dance-pop album, TCB felt very quintessential Gaga and was filled with creative risks.  In some ways, the entire show felt like a bit of a middle finger to people wanting her to play it safe: she opened with three of her biggest hits while basically standing still, went into full Gaga mode for Acts 1 & 2, sang about self empowerment for Act 3, treated the GP to some songs they were expecting during Act 4 but also used the piano section to showcase her talent and talk about pain, and then let everyone go crazy for the finale.  With the film not making many waves with the GP, I think Gaga wanted to communicate with her fans that she wants to go back to her artistic roots.  We’re even getting glimpses of the old Gaga with her fashion and doing things like playing snippets in the street.

I feel like there might be one or two “safe” tracks on the album for singles, but this feels like it’s shaping up to be a celebration between Gaga and her fans.

• Love 3

MadArchitect
6 hours ago, Didymus said:

And there is a truth to that. She has not created music that matches her skill level, because her team is somehow convinced they need to pump out marketable singles. It is a dying formula and embarrassing to stick to when people like Billie, Charli,... are out here selling pretty experimental music compared to what Gaga sends to radio. This should be her peak time and she seems to be one of the less musically daring artists right now. I hope that will change. This is the perfect climate for her to remind the public that she is still the girl that listened to Bowie and Megadeth as well as Britney and Madonna.

there is no truth about that at all, ppl who say that are led mostly by a superficial perception of her as a pop musician and haven't really examine her music, Bad romance is genius,  and as experimental as anything billie or Charli have put out, she put heavy EBM kicks and snares with machine buzzing sounds and noisy hoover synths on a pop song, there was nothing ever sounding like that at such mainstream level and she did it before any of them, the difference is that she managed to make it a diamond certified song, and so there is also such experimental ventures in TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, and even Joanne with the mixing and clashing of americana genres and electronic pop. Sure i'd agree Chromatica was her safest sounding record to date, but it made sense for the space she was in mentally and creatively, and not every record has to be experimental and genre bending, Charli also has Crash, do u forget? yet her whole identity as a pusher of boundaries in pop doesn't get erased, it comes down to perception, when Gaga came into the scene her artistry was very dismissed, and there was no space still for people like her.

• Like 3

Mr S

She doesn't have a great album like a Melodrama, so in that regard she still has work to do. TFM is considered her best but it is just an EP.

She does have album tracks that people go back to (Bloody Mary) so in that sense she's more than just the singles.

But I would say she has select songs that people go back to (mostly the big singles but also some non singles) but does not have that one album that listeners can go back to and listen to the entire album front to back.

BLOODANDSEMEN

If y'all really think Gaga is a "singles artist" then I have major doubts to your understanding of who she is, what she's doing, and her artistry overall. 

All of her albums are bodies of work and not just for the singles. My lord. 

Edited by BLOODANDSEMEN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lastpopicon

she's def an album artist 

sure, her early singles took over the world, but she's not a singles artist, especially after TF and FM.

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2