💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Carrie Underwood replaces Katy Perry on ‘American Idol’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Carrie Underwood has replaced the I Kissed A Girl star on the judging panel. Underwood rose to fame for winning the fourth season of the ABC show. Underwood, who has sold around 85M records, is widely considered the most successful of the American Idol winners. 

She is expected to sit alongside Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan on the panel for Season 25.

The Disney-owned network has been searching for a replacement for the last few months and Deadline heard that other names that were in talks before Underwood included Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, something that Luke Bryan alluded, highlighting Pink and Meghan Trainor as well.

Edited by Teletubby
Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 3

Real Panda

2 country singers? I guess. Doesn't matter anyway, Idol hasnt produced an artist that charts/breakout star since Gabby Barrett Season 16 (Season 1 for Katy) which was 2018. 

Carrie is definitely a great choice but they should scrap Luke and get a representative for Pop/Rock music. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

SlayMeToVenus

“Widely considered the most successful” umm first winner Kelly Clarkson would like a word. :firega:

I don't have a Diamond Heart.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Killa
38 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

2 country singers? I guess. Doesn't matter anyway, Idol hasnt produced an artist that charts/breakout star since Gabby Barrett Season 16 (Season 1 for Katy) which was 2018. 

Carrie is definitely a great choice but they should scrap Luke and get a representative for Pop/Rock music. 

Benson Boone might n have not made It tò the final but i knew him from the new american Idol with Katy, and i think the auditiio. Was viral. These shows work differently now. 

Killa
15 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

Thats true, Carrie has sold 85 million albums in 20 years, Kelly has only sold 40 million.

That many??? You sure, might It not be records overall? Carrie underwood Is almost esclusive an usa artist, regarding sells. That seems almost Shania Twain numbers

• Like 1

Real Panda
1 minute ago, Killa said:

Benson Boone might n have not made It tò the final but i knew him from the new american Idol with Katy, and i think the auditiio. Was viral. These shows work differently now. 

Yeah apparently he did make it to Top 24 and quit the competition. I only watched the 2018-2020 first 3 seasons with Katy as judge. Didnt watch the most recent 4 seasons.

• Like 1

Real Panda
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

That many??? You sure, might It not be records overall? Carrie underwood Is almost esclusive an usa artist, regarding sells. That seems almost Shania Twain numbers

Welp, I meant Records my bad. I already edited my post. But still Carrie is ahead around 2 Million albums from Kelly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Idol_alumni_album_sales_in_the_United_States

Edited by Real Panda

River

I always thought that it's Carrie Underworld :air:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 2

Killa
7 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

Welp, I meant Records my bad. I already edited my post. But still Carrie is ahead around 2 Million albums from Kelly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Idol_alumni_album_sales_in_the_United_States

Im shocked. I knew She sailed in Sales, but She floors completely the competition. I swear seeing her you wouldnt know. Real loyal fans and being appealing tò the right crowd Is really important. Kelly clarckson Is this massive talent with massive hits but She ends up Always kinda seeming like some loser, lack of a Better term, of the situation. Poor thing. Kelly Just deserved even more, maybe cause She never really appealed tò american audience

• Like 1

weed
50 minutes ago, SlayMeToVenus said:

“Widely considered the most successful” umm first winner Kelly Clarkson would like a word. :firega:

literally.. if we wanna talk about hits

Kelly: Breakaway, Because of You, Since U Been Gone, Stronger, Behind These Hazel Eyes, My Life Would Suck, A Moment Like This

Carrie: Before He Cheats, Jesus Take The Wheel ....... 

• Like 1

Real Panda
2 minutes ago, palma said:

Kelly still has more name recognition I would argue - and she's way bigger internationally :partysick: I only know Carrie's name because of the Grammys :laughga:

Um excuse me, I know Kelly has her show now and she hosted the Olympics coverage for a network but Carrie has an amazing discography. Perhaps internationally Yes Kelly might be more famous. Depends on your music preference really. Here's some that I love from Carrie:

• Love 1