Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
event

Gaga's Performance at the olympics

Auralegends

Featured Posts

skedaddleBItCh

Too many entitled overly critical bitches on this forum.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

FreedomInTheMusic
56 minutes ago, steven said:

I don't think that's a fair argument. Many people on here adores and loves Gaga, we may be critical at times, but we sure don't hate her. We are perfectionists and we have grown up with her, so obviously we are gonna see every little details, but we always support and wish her the best :heart:

Lady Gaga is insanely talented in so many ways. Over the years, she’s gained a ton of different fans as she’s explored her various creative interests. This means that this site is filled with pop fans, jazz fans, musical fans, movie fans, etc. I think this explains some of the division that has cropped up in these forums over the years. There are people here who love pretty much everything she does (🙋🏻‍♂️) but you also have some people that only like one aspect of her creative output. If you don’t love her jazz work, you might not enjoy this performance, and that’s alright. It doesn’t take an ounce of enjoyment away from me.

Edited by FreedomInTheMusic
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

MACATL
1 hour ago, rinasawachanta said:

You guys really hate her. It's disturbing. I hope she never does pop again and puts out a chanson française album, just to piss you guys off lol

Come on. Take off your Gaga glasses.  It’s ok to say the song was shite.  It was obnoxious.  Still love her, she’s still incredibly talented.  Both feelings can exist at once. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

darkgaga

The one thing I just dont get is: it is the Olympics. In Paris. And they invite Gaga to Open the Opening ceremony. Not just being part of it. But OPEN it musically. With 0 connection to France. Okay, Celine is not French either, but I get why they had her. But other than that, every performer was French, or at least partially. It seems unlogical. Unless they still have something up their sleave for the handover to LA 2028, and Gaga also closes the closing ceremony…

• Like 5

doppelganger

What I love : the costume, the song, the campiness, Gaga having fun

What I don't: the camera work, the staging, the location 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Tom Nook
27 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Come on. Take off your Gaga glasses.  It’s ok to say the song was shite.  It was obnoxious.  Still love her, she’s still incredibly talented.  Both feelings can exist at once. 

I thought it was fun and catchy af :flower:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...
  • Like 4

Glomer

It was suuuper cute, and she looked so happy :traumatica:

Bummed that it had to be pre-recorded, I'm sure she would've preferred to do it live, but the weather didn't allow it.

Anyway, I'm incredibly proud! It was such a risky idea, I mean, to open the show, singing in a outdoor area, in a language you don't master and style you're not used to... honestly, I can't think of anyone else who could've pulled it off. She is crazy for doing it but that's why I love her so much.

Indeed the camera work and the setting could've been more flattering, and the sound was off in some of the transmissions (like the Brazilian one), but overall it was a beautiful performance and homage, I'm sure it will be remembered for a while!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

erfaan

LOVED IT. She slayed! Wish they gave her a better backdrop tho 

Didymus
2 hours ago, darkgaga said:

The one thing I just dont get is: it is the Olympics. In Paris. And they invite Gaga to Open the Opening ceremony. Not just being part of it. But OPEN it musically. With 0 connection to France. Okay, Celine is not French either, but I get why they had her. But other than that, every performer was French, or at least partially. It seems unlogical. Unless they still have something up their sleave for the handover to LA 2028, and Gaga also closes the closing ceremony…

They just want people to watch the ceremony, I dont think it's more complicated than that. Getting internationally big artists is just part of the bragging rights. Celine makes just as little sense as Gaga if you really think about it. For a closing moment, it would've been far more appropriate to get a French singer but, again, they care more about the headlines in the papers the next day.

It must be said, though, Gaga specifically has made a mark in France because of her surprisingly decent French ever since The Fame and she has done plenty of special appearances and projects in France and Paris, so that could be part of the reason.

• Like 1

CubbyGaga

The complaining is honestly clown behavior, she did a fantastic job giving homage to French Cabaret.  The camera angles looked fine to me. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

lastpopicon
4 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Too many entitled overly critical bitches on this forum.

This.

Fake fans. 

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • LMAO 2