162 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yassss!
    • Nooo..

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico
On 7/26/2024 at 1:08 AM, Guillaume Hamon said:

The title comes and goes.

Madonna is probably the one who hold it for the longest time ever but it's been Taylor for years now if we're honestly look at her achievements.

On 7/26/2024 at 1:45 AM, Sugar Baby said:

Ib4 some basic says it’s Taylor swift 

:icant:

:trollga:

• LMAO 1

Taylucifer

Yes, Madonna basically created the modern female pop star, she will always have a piece of that crown

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Sugar Baby
13 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

If you get out of the GDD millennial gay bubble she is objectively is the main force.

Deal with it y'all lmao and I'm not even a swiftie, just looking at numbers. 😆 

That’s literally your problem 

you are only looking at the numbers but the the cultural impact that Madonna represented 

there would be no pop music or pop stars without Madonna 

meanwhile the world would have been exactly the same without Taylor swift 

• Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
5 hours ago, Sugar Baby said:

That’s literally your problem 

😂

I don't have any problem personally...

It's just some people getting pissed over such a light subject. The negative stan cliché.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon

Obobo

I always hate titles like "queen of ____"... literally 90% of gen z don't even know or give a f*ck about madonna.

• Thanks 2

MercifulAir

Whether you like her or not she is the queen of pop. She molded pop music and has influenced pretty much every pop artist out today. 

TAlx

Molded the pop superstar persona, then reshaped it a dozen times.

Was and still is vocal against HIV stigma, since almost no one that I know of would do it.

Sure, she sort of... appropriated ballroom culture, but then she popularized it to the mainstream (a tad conflicted about that one, but counting the wins here).

Took no s**t from any TV anchor, press member, you name it, and inspired countless females and LGBTIQ+ artists to stand their grounds against misogyny.

No wonder literally every popstar (&more) today show their praise to Madonna, that alone should answer the question.

Is she sort of tarnishing her rep nowadays? Wouldn't take it that far, people forget easily. Is she cheapening it? A tad, but I can only speak for myself and how I see it through my nostalgia lens. Is she the only queen? No, it's not a monopoly. Pop is a universe, not a country, kingdom, whatever.

Edited by TAlx
typos

Noah

Yep. 

I mean, she has the statistics but - what I found more fascinating, she has the Impact. I mean to be influential, you have to break boundaries, push what society thinks, set trends, but also follow them. You have to reshape what it means to be a Popstar. This obviously will apply to many Popstars like Diana Ross or Cher too, but Madonna came in at a time, where Pop Music was just so exciting and started to take on even more influences from Dance, R&B, Hip Hop. Madonna loved experimenting, suiting her Madonna-sound to whatever was going on or will be going on. She wasn't afraid to take risks and flop and she still isn't. Her ability to bounce back, keep the wheel spinning and just have a lot of ambition, focus and excitement while doing it. Even if you take all the Numbers and Records away, this is what makes her a true Queen of Pop to me.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

JoeCool

Pat Benatar, Olivia Newton John, Cher, Babs Streisand, and Debbie Harry had been around longer.  But only Pat and Olivia would be considered pop?

At any rate I voted yes because I’m a fan.  She had far more #1 albums and #1 singles than any of those singers.  Plus ground breaking size tours.  Younger generations would also have no understanding of how risque the Erotica era was at the time.  

That being said Madonna had always sited Debbie Harry as a big influence.  And there’s that old saying there’s nothing new in the world.  I was surprised for example to see how many cited Kate Bush as an influence.  

FGGrayson

She was maybe till Confessions, after that she doesnt deserve that title anymore, i do love ROL & Music tho, 2 masterpieces

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Agunimon
On 7/26/2024 at 6:20 PM, Guillaume Hamon said:

If you get out of the GDD millennial gay bubble she is objectively is the main force.

Deal with it y'all lmao and I'm not even a swiftie, just looking at numbers. 😆 

Who outside of gay pop music focused communities give any thought to the main force in female pop music? Nobody. 

raragaga

She’s the queen mother of pop 

xoxo

Smother Em Eh

Objectively whether or not you want to believe it, yes. She did pave the way for all the pop girls who came after her. Setting the blueprint for being captivating, interesting & controversial. She has a very diverse discography of a true Artist/ Legend. Although, I do feel like the albums she has released after COADF have tarnished her legacy! 

Edited by Smother Em Eh
Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Guillaume Hamon
10 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Who outside of gay pop music focused communities give any thought to the main force in female pop music? Nobody. 

We agree to completely disagree. 😁

• Like 1