💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Meltdown over ‘Yoü and I’ as a single

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

LordByron28

Laid the groundwork for Joanne and ASIB. Not the most exciting but did decent. 

• Like 1

palma
37 minutes ago, LG7 time now said:

Technically it didn’t do too well commercially, it was quite a flop for her at the time, but people were getting tired and no song would have been major imo.

That video is fabulous. I remember being between life and death watching it for the first time, my migraine was so terrible… but Gaga gave me a solution for that :cheeky:

Omg I'm getting more flashbacks :air:

That summer I was staying at my grandpa's summer house and I had no internet connection there so I was obsessively checking MTV to see the next single cuz they were teasing Gaga's new video - one day they said she shared the letter "ü" and I thought, being my dumbass 13 y/o self, "OMG THAT SOUNDS GERMAN SCHEISSE CONFIRMEDT :giveup::giveup::giveup:" only to see it was for Y&I in some cornfield :rip: The fumes were real :air:

• LMAO 1

RebeldeFaith
58 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

During this time I had a friend on there who posted she was filming the Government Hooker video and would debut a controversial performance of it at the VMA’s and I believed every word :rip: 

Tbh, they weren't too far from the truth. There was a Government Hooker teaser shot for the VMAs, and her appearance at the show was controversial, performance and all.

Something something idk
  • Like 1

holy scheisse

I remember this and completely agreeing that it was a horrible choice lmao

a nice transition into adult contemporary music :traumatica:

• Like 1

gumzy3000

Its one of her best music videos me thinks and the song is cute too

trolly troll troll

CatelynnMarie
50 minutes ago, bionic said:

People forget fans had heard the song for like 2 years on the Monster Ball by the time U+I had became a single. Not the worst single choice but it didn't really have the fan backing so why should the GP be invested in it

This is why I started to dislike the song and typically only listen to the jazz version from the VMA promo. “Are you guys ready for a new one?!” (starts playing yoü and i) got annoying for me after a bit of time :deadbanana:

i DOOOO love all the different versions where she adlibbed the state name for radio! 

Edited by CatelynnMarie

HelloHangoverz
8 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

a nice transition into adult contemporary music

that's the only reason they picked it as a single imo, they wanted to prove she's not a one trick pony

If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!

ThisGuyTony
37 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

I remember when the picture of her walking down that road in her black outfit was circulating, everyone knew it was You and I but we all gaslit ourselves into believing it was for Bloody Mary :ladyhaha:

And I had a meltdown when she described the video. I thought it’d be TEOG 2.0 levels of boring :icant:

“The premise of the video is that I've walked all the way from New York City to Nebraska to get (my boyfriend) back," Mother Monster told a US radio show. 

• LMAO 1

CyanDante

My favourite Gaga song from all time. :kara:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

that choice for a single kinda ended the whole excitement of the BTW era… After that there was nothing she could do to make Marry The Night a hit :messga:

RenegAde
1 hour ago, LG7 time now said:

Technically it didn’t do too well commercially, it was quite a flop for her at the time, but people were getting tired and no song would have been major imo.

That video is fabulous. I remember being between life and death watching it for the first time, my migraine was so terrible… but Gaga gave me a solution for that :cheeky:

Obviously it wasnt as big as her biggest hits but i actually appreciate that it was more of a sleeper hit. Its chart run is pretty interesting and really shows that promotion works. 3x platinum is impressive after all for a 4th single 

Anderson123

It was an interesting choice given the amount of other great stuff on the album. I do love it now and the music video is one of my favorites, it was a much better way to show Gaga's other side before Million Reasons and one of her best ballads.

Just now, NATAH said:

i wonder if she or the label picked this or if the label wanted something else

She asked the fans which song we wanted and Scheiße won the poll. I also wonder if her record label wanted You and I or it was her and she changed her mind and wanted to do something different. She clearly loves the song.

• Shook 1

NATAH
7 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

She asked the fans which song we wanted and Scheiße won the poll. 

you mean there was a poll before the ARTPOP one?!

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Killa

Well i Remember her performing the First draft on TV, so un expected. The studio version was kinda underwhelming but that  video was a whole moment