Edited by Mother of Puppies
Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹
  • Thanks 2

androiduser
4 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Huh? Why is she suing? I don’t get it :poot:

her ad was pulled

Bronco

So her ad got dropped by Adidas after Israeli criticism of her featuring in an ad about the 1972 Olympics. 

For context, Hadid has Palestinian heritage - I think she's half Palestinian? She's also spoken out publicly against Israel's actions since October 7th.  And the 1972 Olympics is infamous for the murder of Israeli athletes by a Palestinian group called Black September. 

Honestly, I'm surprised no one at Adidas saw the PR nightmare coming given they are a German company and the 1972 Olympics aren't exactly an obscure event....

• Shook 4

Didymus

This has to be fake. TMZ is claiming she would want to sue them for the ad concept itself, even though Adidas clearly did not mean there to be a link to the Olympics. They are just relaunching a retro shoe lol. That it originally debuted at the Olympics is a totally obscure detail no one gives a **** about that Israel blew up to harrass her and her family once again.

Also, why are there thousands of people sharing this as if this is her revenge for them dropping her when the article specifically mentions that is not the case? Can't people read even the headlines they're sharing?

Edited by Didymus

Didymus
14 minutes ago, androiduser said:

her ad was pulled

5 minutes ago, Bronco said:

So her ad got dropped by Adidas after Israeli criticism of her featuring in an ad about the 1972 Olympics. 

Honestly, I'm surprised no one at Adidas saw the PR nightmare coming given they are a German company and the 1972 Olympics aren't exactly an obscure event....

The ad was not about the Olympics. There was literally not a single reference to the Olympics. Israel's X account is just making the connection out of nowhere for obvious purposes. They've been going after her family for years.

Also, TMZ is claiming she is not suing them for the pulling of the ad but the ad itself. This doesn't make any sense, so I call fake.

River
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The ad was not about the Olympics. There was literally not a single reference to the Olympics. Israel's X account is just making the connection out of nowhere for obvious purposes. They've been going after her family for years.

Also, TMZ is claiming she is not suing them for the pulling of the ad but the ad itself. This doesn't make any sense, so I call fake.

This SL72 design is a inspired by the 72 Olympics design to celebrate 72 years to the Munich Olympics

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/19/adidas-drops-bella-hadid-from-campaign-referencing-1972-munich-olympics

I think it was weird for Hadid to even accept to work for Adidas, considered they are pro Israel and their underwear and other clothes manufacturer is Delta Galil, an Israeli company, she's basically wears clothes made in Israel in this ad :emma:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Didymus
11 minutes ago, River said:

This SL72 design is a inspired by the 72 Olympics design to celebrate 72 years to the Munich Olympics

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/19/adidas-drops-bella-hadid-from-campaign-referencing-1972-munich-olympics

I think it was weird for Hadid to even accept to work for Adidas, considered they are pro Israel and their underwear and other clothes manufacturer is Delta Galil, an Israeli company, she's basically wears clothes made in Israel in this ad :emma:

Well, yes, there is a historical connection in that the original shoe debuted at the Olympics but this relaunch had nothing to do with that, they have been relaunching old shoes for years now...

It is literally just a generic old retro design for them lol, there is no commemoration of anything. The idea that the shoe "references" the 72 Olympics is just made up. But ofc Israel's friggin X account managed to send that lie into the world.

On the note of her even working with Adidas, she is a stan of their sneakers, I can't imagine she didn't know the history of that shoe before agreeing to be the face of the relaunch, which makes me so confused about why she would sue the company for hiring her at all.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 1

River
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Well, yes, there is a connection but the relaunch had nothing to do with it, they have been relaunching old shoes for years now...

The idea that the shoe "references" the 72 Olympics is just not true. But ofc Israel's friggin X account managed to send that lie into the world.

On the note of her even working with Adidas, she is a stan of their sneakers, I can't imagine she didn't know the history of that shoe before agreeing to be the face of the relaunch, which makes me so confused about why she would sue the company for hiring her at all.

Tbh she needs to sue, what they did is insulting, they basically removed her from the campaign and every evidence for it (even from her social media accounts) in an instant just because she’s a Palestinian and speaks against the genocide in Israel.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 3

Bronco
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

The ad was for the new SL72 trainers. The SL72 were first launched by Adidas, a German company, to coincide with the 1972 Olympics. The SL72s have recently been relaunched as part of Adidas' current series of classic trainer revivals. The ad in question featured Bella in retro Adidas sports kit & the backdrop was a clear German flag reference. To say there is no reference to the 1972 Olympics when the SL72s are literally a historical adidas product from the Olympics in question is a blatant act of disinformation. 

Also I didn't say she was suing for the Ad being dropped. I said the ad was dropped due to the criticisms which again, is factually true. 
I hope Bella is successful in her lawsuit as it is beyond clear that Adidas' actions have caused clear harm to her public image through corporate negligence. 

Didymus
14 minutes ago, Bronco said:

The ad was for the new SL72 trainers. The SL72 were first launched by Adidas, a German company, to coincide with the 1972 Olympics. The SL72s have recently been relaunched as part of Adidas' current series of classic trainer revivals. The ad in question featured Bella in retro Adidas sports kit & the backdrop was a clear German flag reference. To say there is no reference to the 1972 Olympics when the SL72s are literally a historical adidas product from the Olympics in question is a blatant act of disinformation.

Just because a shoe was released to coincide with the Olympics doesn't mean they are a product "from the Olympics", nor does it mean its re-release is a reference to that event, let alone a terrorist attack during it. I'm emphasizing this because that wild unnecessary spin on this campaign is how Israel got the company in trouble. For literally nothing.

The relaunch promo from March literally mentions not a single thing about the Olympics:

https://news.adidas.com/running/adidas-originals-pays-homage-to-the-past--present--and-future-of-the-sl-72-silhouette-with-a-new-glo/s/66fab14f-a50e-4506-aaf0-727e1c765097

That's because the Olympics connection is nothing more than a footnote in the shoe's history. Literally no one cared until Israel tweeted about it. Israel fabricated this connection just to continue to harrass a Palestinian woman and her family. Why are we doubling down on that bs by pretending Adidas created a campaign about the '72 Olympics? That is not true and that "black and red, clearly a reference to Germany's flag!!" argument is complete delusion.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Sneaky Oliver
2 hours ago, Bronco said:

For context, Hadid has Palestinian heritage - I think she's half Palestinian? She's also spoken out publicly against Israel's actions since October 7th.  And the 1972 Olympics is infamous for the murder of Israeli athletes by a Palestinian group called Black September. 

I’m confused, why didn’t she refuse to do it in the first place? Is it possible she didn’t know about the 1972 Olympics or is a very known fact? 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Didymus

For anyone else who thinks Bella's black to red fade is a covert reference to Germany: the entire campaign looks like this in different colors

664555_v2.jpg

It's just a generic reference to vintage sports catalogs, as announced by the company months ago already.

Adidas did nothing wrong, except buckle under the pressure of a government harrassing their model ofc. If Bella wants to sue them for that, fine, but I don't believe for a second this TMZ mess about her supposedly blaming Adidas for connecting her to "violence" lol. Completely unbelievable.