💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chappel Roan Regrets Fame, Considers Quitting, After Fans Giving Stalker Energy

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Chappell Roan has revealed that she’s actively avoiding getting more popular than she already is after fans have begun displaying “stalker vibes” – see what the pop star had to say below.

Over the last year or so, Chappell Roan has organically become one of the fastest growing pop stars in the world, having performed opened Olivia Rodigo‘s ‘Guts’ tour before putting on headline-making performances at Coachella and Governors Ball this year.

However, the pop star has revealed that she’s uncomfortable with the level of fame she’s attained, and that fans have begun displaying worrying behaviour that makes her feel unsafe.

Speaking on the latest episode of the Comment Section podcast with Drew Afualo, Roan said: “People have started to be freaks — like, [they] follow me and know where my parents live, and where my sister works. All this weird sh!t.”

Roan recalled: “This is the time when a few years ago when I said that if [there were] stalker vibes or my family was in danger, I would quit. And we’re there. We’re there!”

She told Afualo: “I’m just kind of in this battle… I’ve pumped the brakes on, honestly, anything to make me more known. It’s kind of a forest fire right now. I’m not trying to go do a bunch of sh!t.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/chappell-roan-says-shes-pumped-the-brakes-on-fame-after-fans-give-off-stalker-vibes-3775922

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 9

Controversiaga

So sick of all these artists claiming they want to “quit” blah blah blah 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 13
  • Thanks 4

weed

"having performed opened" is this proper english? for me it's weird. 

Sad that it's happening, but it's the reality of fame in 2024. They're going to do all the research, all the digging, hitting up people you know/knew, very weird behavior. Hopefully she's able to get her family safe/private and continue her career.  

Edited by weed

RAMROD
Just now, Controversiaga said:

Why is that? Their feelings are valid.

And this is not new, many did so before her. Fiona Apple is one example. Mega fame is not for everyone. Some even lost their life because of it. Some artists just wanna have their art appreciated without the fame and glamour part of it. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 15

SHALLOW

This sounds very hypocritical tbh and also a call for attention.

I feel like people are overhyping her a bit too much.

This is just my opinion, if you like her good for you

Edited by SHALLOW
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

Economy
6 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

And honestly the cards are still in her hand

She is not famous enough to be recognized years from now by many if she quit her career now. She still has a choice to go forward with it or not

Once u reach mega fame levels like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Drake etc thats it is over. U can fail to have a hit for 10 years and ppl on the street will still recognize and bother you

Im thinking even Kesha who wasnt as big as the artists I listed above and hasnt had a solid hit since Timber probably is still recognized by a lot of folks on the street

But when ur only semi famous... if u quit, within a couple years 98% of ppl will forget who u are and u can resume a normal life with only the occasional person recognizing u

Edited by Economy
  • Like 3

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Why is that? Their feelings are valid.

And this is not new, many did so before her. Fiona Apple is one example. Mega fame is not for everyone. Some even lost their life because of it. Some artists just wanna have their art appreciated without the fame and glamour part of it. 

It's just that lately most artists say that for attention and then they don't actually quit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon

surprise pikachu face when artists discover fans are unhinged despite being on the internet

Economy
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

It's just that lately most artists say that for attention and then they don't actually quit

Maybe sometimes they think they mean it in the moment

How many times do ppl say "im quitting my job" when ur frustrated but then dont?

I certainly have.... many times tbh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Economy said:

How many times do ppl say "im quitting my job" when ur frustrated but then dont?

But no one cares if we say that.

Ed sheeran, Nicki and other artists who said that, however, only said that for attention and streams. Cause they're still releasing music. But media picks up on that news so it's just promo for them

Edited by SHALLOW
  • LMAO 1

FreedomInTheMusic

It’s very very clear that Fame is a Faustian deal. She should be able to create art without fear of being stalked.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

plane jane
1 minute ago, Economy said:

i think there's a difference between wanting to quit, because you're exhausted, and when you're scared for the safety of your family and your own life though 

Italian
9 minutes ago, weed said:

"having performed opened" is this proper english? for me it's weird. 

Sounds like a typo to me

"Having performed at Olivia's tour" or "Having opened Olivia's tour" are correct gramatically.

• Like 2