💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World

palma

Featured Posts

Real Panda

I think the vowels thing they said is like on Perfect Illusion, Gaga sings "Parfect" instead of perfect. Its so Gaga, I love it. I think its a technique in singing where Gaga rounds out her vowels more. Million Reasons as well, "avery" heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith. Something like that.

• Like 5

DopeEnigma

What I will always love about Gaga is how underestimated she was out of the gate and it never made her change or alter her talent or artistic direction. It didn’t take long for critics to actually realise how talented she was and that has never wavered since and they have no choice but to respect her, she is just that good. Sorry, but Katy doesn’t have an inch of the talent Gaga has so why is anybody surprised Katy’s music is garbage now? It was calculated with a label behind her that put her out in a certain way but that won’t last forever. Just shows that only true talent lasts for an extended period of time. Katy, maybe just go with a best hits tour cause that’s all that’s left. 

• Like 6

It's honestly becoming annoying that when Gaga releases her new music, she gets hate by these critics, but a few years after they suddenly appreciate the same music they disliked.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, River said:

It's honestly becoming annoying that when Gaga releases her new music, she gets hate by these critics, but a few years after they suddenly appreciate the same music they disliked.

Pitchfork liked Stupid Love (and Chromatica) when it was released though. 

Spoiler

But I get what you're saying. And I guarantee we'll see some of that once LG7 rolls around

• Like 1

Togekiss
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

It deserves to be bashed but so does SL :rip: It is literally just as basic and unimaginative. It's just getting the benefit of the doubt now because it's more familiar.

Lbr, if Katy released SL this forum would've also annihilated her. Justifiably. And that actually goes for a lot of Chromatica.

SL may be a generic pop song but WW is a straight up insult to feminism and parody of womanhood, not to mention the insane tone deafness given our current political climate on top of working with Dr Luke.

360 > 143
  • Like 10

Gorehound
1 hour ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

“slightly nonsensical lyrics, acid-trip concept, a general struggle with vowels”

Girl what-

they're not wrong lol and I love that analogy

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Lbr, if Katy released SL this forum would've also annihilated her. Justifiably. And that actually goes for a lot of Chromatica.

honestly no, the main backlash is the fact it's a "female empowerment" anthem produced by a man with a reputation for being a danger to women

SL (whilst not ground breaking but also not bad) never tried to pretend to be something that it isn't, it was just a fun light hearted return to dance pop for Gaga with no other motive than to just be enjoyed

the pathetic attempt at pandering is so painfully obvious with WW, that's what's turning people and critics off. nothing was actually said with the song (if you're going to be politcal, you need to SAY something) and the video did nothing but reinforce how out of touch and inauthentic Katy is

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Gorehound
1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

Yeah like why is literally no one in this thread except us talking about this.

Gaga's music and visuals have always been trippy tho. There's no surprise there. It's one of the reasons I love her work so much.

And she does pronounce some of her vowels weirdly and her lyrics can be nonsensical but it's not a slate.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, palma said:

Even if “Woman’s World” didn’t sound like its author had to have feminism explained to her by the top half of the first page of Google

😭😭😭😂😂😂

• LMAO 1

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, palma said:

In the immortal words of Sister Catherine Rose Holzman, uttered moments before she died: “Katy Perry, please stop.”

It’s hard to believe this is real. 

this whole review just sends me 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World