💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World

palma

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

The promo and final product are definitely meh but are we saying the video is an antithesis of women empowerment solely because she's dressed in a bikini and booty shorts ? If so, Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Geniunly asking cuz maybe i missed some details in the video.

The only representation of a woman that’s not “thin” is Trisha. It all feels ironic and satirical. Should I continue? Because what I’m saying is far deeper than what you picked up on, and not saying that to be rude. 

Edited by gemein3
  • Like 1

LukiiGleek

I wonder how much negative press was actually planned towards her. Comments posts bots lol. If you don’t like the song no problem but lots of harsh criticism 

• LMAO 1

FGGrayson
1 hour ago, Locke said:

I laughed at the reviews from p4k and guardian, but now feeling sorry for her… for a fan who experienced the ARTPOP era, I hope she is taking these lightly.. 

Those were reaaaally harsh times, literally the same or worst, i dont remember anymore, but we survived the worst and here we are, #JusticeForARTGOD

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿
  • Like 2

Nessun Dorma
58 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

This is kinda wild, it's not like they are slapping her on the wrist, every single review is literally destroying her pop star image and dragging it through the mud. I'm far from a Katy lover, but this brings back some ARTPOP flashbacks.

Having said that, the writing was on the wall, I mean, the lead single is about women empowerment and she chooses to work with Dr. Puke because she wanted a hit, it backfired terribly. Turns out people actually care, especially if the song is not amazing. 

I keep remembering ARTPOP too. The downfall must be the most difficult time for an artist. And I feel for her cause she probably had high expectations for her returning and now she’s being slammed everywhere. 

And yes, she should have known better and now it’s time for her to deal with her own hypocrisy. You just can’t praise feminism and associate with people like him. 

But the reviews I read so far are also about her sound and how her career is over. It is not just about dr. Luke anymore and it’s harsh to read this tbh. And I’m not even her fan. 

find your freedom in the music
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27monster27
2 hours ago, Gorehound said:

Gaga's music and visuals have always been trippy tho. There's no surprise there. It's one of the reasons I love her work so much.

And she does pronounce some of her vowels weirdly and her lyrics can be nonsensical but it's not a slate.

I get the trippy comment and I agree with it, but specifically the lyrics one rubs me the wrong way. She has very unique lyrics but calling them nonsense is a bit harsh imo.

he/him/his
  • Like 1

Anderson123

I can’t believe Katy is that dumb to think she was gonna get away with working with Dr. Luke and not have some backlash about it. Who adviced her to go and finish an album with him??? She really thought she was going to swipe the credits under the rug. 

Real Panda
25 minutes ago, LukiiGleek said:

I wonder how much negative press was actually planned towards her. Comments posts bots lol. If you don’t like the song no problem but lots of harsh criticism 

I doubt any bad review needs to be planned when Katy hasnt had a hit in the US since Chained to the Rhythm reached #4 in 2017.

When I'm Gone by Katy and Alesso, and Never Really Over which was the lead single to Smile were met with great fan reception and good reviews. The point is she hasnt reached chart success in years for it to be "planned to fail".

Edited by A Real Panda
  • Like 4

Chlorine

Makes sense that Gaga pushed the LG7 release to let all this unfold as sweet revenge for 2013. The stage is now set for her domination. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ioqt4ffn5wuhkp5p2b

• Like 2
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 3

HelloHangoverz

Good grief, thank god our girl has self-awareness in this business. You'd never catching her failing this badly. Working with a predator on a song about female empowerment? I'm sorry but I don't know what she was thinking. Like did nobody say this is a bad idea at any stage of the process? How does this happen? :air:

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Like 1

But let’s be real, Nicki Minaj has done FAR worse than Katy, but for some reason she never gets this kind of backlash.

Edited by Aren
  • Thanks 1

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World