💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Simon Cowell’s auditions for new band fail as barely any people turn up

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Auditions for Simon Cowell’s search for a new One Direction-style boyband have failed drastically as barely 40 people turned up for the opportunity.

The music mogul behind reality TV contests The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent launched a nationwide search for a brand new pop group last month, as he lamented the absence of an act that has been able to replicate One Direction’s success. The search is to be the subject of forthcoming Netflix documentary, The Midas Touch.

Simon Cowell announced that the search would start on Thursday, but the first dates were cancelled with a single event taking place on Saturday in Liverpool.

Barely 40 people are said to have turned up at the height of the queue. The news comes just days after the business mogul was hit with vitriol on TikTok for inviting a Liverpool band to attend.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/simon-cowell-audition-netflix-b2575939.html

• LMAO 14

palma

Another L for one of the worst men in music :cheeky:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • YAAAS 1

Didymus
Posted (edited)

Well that will be a bangin' Netflix doc.

Source is The Sun though lol

Edited by Didymus

StrawberryBlond

Really, what did he expect? The youth of today are far more clued-up when it comes to what goes into the nature of manufactured bands. After hearing about the perils of fame that the 1D boys suffered and how controlled and overworked they were, along with the very short-lived success of Fifth Harmony and the never-was mess of PrettyMuch (you can't even find anything about that band under Simon's page, so embarrassed was he at the complete failure of this attempt at the new 1D), you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who want want to managed by Simon Cowell in this day and age. Little Mix are probably the only group he created that actually stood the test of time and all those girls seem well-adjusted but they still had issues as well and really disliked the control he had them under. Why anyone would throw their youth away to work like a dog singing songs they probably don't even like (with very little financial return) is beyond me. A mere 40 people showing up is why I have hope in the new generations. 

HelloHangoverz

He doesn't understand Gen-Z are much more media literate now. 

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 2

phantasmas

shouldve hosted auditions on tiktok

Snapchat: @phantasmas

RadioIsOurs

I think this is more due to a lack of marketing. Like who has even heard about this audition?

People would literally jump on any chance to get famous.

gagzus
50 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Really, what did he expect? The youth of today are far more clued-up when it comes to what goes into the nature of manufactured bands. After hearing about the perils of fame that the 1D boys suffered and how controlled and overworked they were, along with the very short-lived success of Fifth Harmony and the never-was mess of PrettyMuch (you can't even find anything about that band under Simon's page, so embarrassed was he at the complete failure of this attempt at the new 1D), you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who want want to managed by Simon Cowell in this day and age. Little Mix are probably the only group he created that actually stood the test of time and all those girls seem well-adjusted but they still had issues as well and really disliked the control he had them under. Why anyone would throw their youth away to work like a dog singing songs they probably don't even like (with very little financial return) is beyond me. A mere 40 people showing up is why I have hope in the new generations. 

Whilst all this is true, it’s kind of odd to me that despite this the popularity of K-Pop bands has risen in the west when they’re arguably treat 10x worse than ANY of the bands Simon has managed imo. Like actual control over their personal lives which disturbs me. 

Id say the lack of success is because the concept of a boy/girl band is dead in 2024, the only way he will probably have another band success is if they manage to get One Direction to have a reunion which I doubt will ever happen 

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

Whilst all this is true, it’s kind of odd to me that despite this the popularity of K-Pop bands has risen in the west when they’re arguably treat 10x worse than ANY of the bands Simon has managed imo. Like actual control over their personal lives which disturbs me. 

Id say the lack of success is because the concept of a boy/girl band is dead in 2024, the only way he will probably have another band success is if they manage to get One Direction to have a reunion which I doubt will ever happen 

Honestly, I feel like the extent to which the k-pop groups are treated isn't widely known in the west. But regardless, supporting a group is very different to wanting to be in one. We're kinda hypocritical that way.

These groups have never truly gone away, I believe there's totally still a demand for the next big group. But as we can see, they only really take off once every 15 years or so, which is why Simon is doing this now, 14 years after 1D formed. There's always a big boyband craze every generation. Simon's huge mistake is in being public about now about how the big regret he had with 1D was not owning the name and that if he had, he could've made a sequel band under the same name and have all different spin-off opportunities. It made it abundantly clear that his only driving force is money and showed that your human rights in the group wouldn't mean s**t. People heard this and quite rightfully thought he could shove his boyband plans.