💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

SZA fans heartbroken as her headline set on Pyramid Stage draws small crowd

Teletubby

Featured Posts

I’d have always thought that the Sunday headlining slot would be the cursed slot cuz it’s the last night and people are heading home ahead of work etc 

but seemingly it’s the big one????

Signature loading
 đŸ‘čđŸ–€

27monster27

That looks big until you remember it's Glastonbury lol. It's too bad she isn't doing as well in the UK. But hey, at least she can say she had a big Glastonbury performance.

he/him/his

Opulence

She’s had a crazy couple of years with SOS but she is not Glasto headliner material in the UK, so I’m not surprised really

• Thanks 1

I mean just adding onto what others have said about her fan base in the UK. 
Worth mentioning that the Glasto crowd has rarely been an RnB crowd so putting her in the biggest headline slot (apparently replacing Madonna who Glasto couldn't afford) against bands on other stages that are more in step with the type of music Glasto was made famous by was cursing her to fail from the off. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Butters Stotch

SZA is popular in the US. Outside, she's just not as big. Sad because she's very talented and an incredible artist :diane:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

6 minutes ago, Butters Stotch said:

SZA is popular in the US. Outside, she's just not as big. Sad because she's very talented and an incredible artist :diane:

Yeah, that’s why I’ve always been so surprised how big she is claimed to be, cause people in my country generally don’t even know who she is. Dua, Coldplay, Avril - these are household names.

I feel like despite her success, she’s weirdly not actually not well known

Lots of “who/what’s SZA”

It’s a strange situation. She was the only headliner without lights on the outside of the pyramid stage, no fireworks, drones, confetti, no guest performers
 her set was also shorter than Dua & Coldplays

The crowd thinned out considerably throughout the show aswell  

I’m not sure how accurate this is but also, I saw somebody say her set didn’t get global distribution while the other 2 did. 

20 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I mean just adding onto what others have said about her fan base in the UK. 
Worth mentioning that the Glasto crowd has rarely been an RnB crowd so putting her in the biggest headline slot (apparently replacing Madonna who Glasto couldn't afford) against bands on other stages that are more in step with the type of music Glasto was made famous by was cursing her to fail from the off. 

No disrespect to SZA, but I thought it was strange that she was a main headliner

Especially closing on the Sunday, but we later learned that Dua specifically wanted to do the Friday, otherwise she’d have been a better fit for Sunday

I feel like SZA and Avril maybe should have been in each others slots.

• Like 2

Mirrion Rizzons

She’s definitely big enough in the U.K. to warrant a larger crowd! 

yeah she might not have had major U.K. chart success but good days, kill bill and snooze all did well over here, 

SOS spent 17 weeks in the U.K. album chart top 10, and 81 total so far 

And she has 5 top 10 hits to her name 

you're telling me a 3-night festival never had a sunday night 3rd headliner with a light crowd? I don't see anything remarkable about this. 

15 hours ago, Stef said:

I’d have always thought that the Sunday headlining slot would be the cursed slot cuz it’s the last night and people are heading home ahead of work etc 

but seemingly it’s the big one????

that's what I thought too. I don't get it

Most people seems to say the event organizers put her on wrong stage. It should have been Avril on this main stage, since her set were over flowing with people up to the tent area, which is dangerous. 

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

you're telling me a 3-night festival never had a sunday night 3rd headliner with a light crowd? I don't see anything remarkable about this. 

it was Sunday last year

I'm not Po the ho
  • Thanks 3