💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

New Court Document Reveals Michael Jackson Was $500M In Debt At Time Of Death

RAMROD

Featured Posts

main-qimg-2fdc80ad8df960875374ae468a7491

Michael Jackson owed more than $500m to various creditors at the time of his death, new court documents have revealed.

Earlier this week, Attorney John Branca and A&R executive John McClain, the executives of the late pop star’s estate, filed a petition to the Los Angeles Superior Court seeking legal authorization to pay several law firms for their services rendered to the estate from July through December 2018.

In the legal files obtained by Entertainment Weekly,the nature of Jackson’s finances before and since his 2009 passing is detailed.

“The Executors have faced extraordinarily challenging circumstances,” the petition reads.

“Among other issues, at the time of Michael Jackson’s death, Michael Jackson’s most significant assets were subject to more than $500 million of debt and creditors’ claims, with some of the debt accruing interest at extremely high interest rates, and some debt in default.”

Before his death at age 50 from acute propofol intoxication, Jackson had been in the middle of preparing for his This Is It residency, which also added financial strain on his resources.

However, in the years since his death, the executors have extensively turned his estate’s financial system around, claiming that they “have resolved virtually all of the creditors’ claims and litigations and have successfully solidified the MJJ business as a significant entity in the music industry.”

Part of this money comes from the estate’s purchase of a stake in EMI Publishing and the rights to Motown classics and Carole King and Norah Jones songs in 2012 for $50,000, followed by their sales to Sony for $300m in 2018.

It’s due to this and other financial gains that Branca and McClain are now seeking legal approval to pay a total of $3m to various law firms for their services provided during that time.

More recently, the 2022 Tony-winning Broadway show MJ the Musical and director Antoine Fuqua’s forthcoming Michael biopic, starring Jackson’s nephew Jaafar Jackson and Euphoria star Coleman Domingo, have also added to the estate’s financial successes.

https://ew.com/michael-jackson-500-million-debt-when-died-8670684

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/michael-jackson-died-more-500m-211540697.html

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 5

King of the Fall

Michael Jackson's final years are similar to Elvis. Serious financial trouble, isolated, encircled with yes men, addicted to drugs and physical shadows of what they were in their prime

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 2
  • Sad 8

I wonder if that's why Gaga was able to purchase much of his famous outfits, as a way to preserve his legacy & help pay off the financial debt.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Can someone explain this in pop terms please

Kris-Jenner-Stressed.jpg

in GGD terms: he was poor like @Rat Boy and owed money to @River

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 26
  • Thanks 2

PunkTheFunk
9 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Kris-Jenner-Stressed.jpg

MJ was floptina aguilera so he was giving bankruptcy teas the house down.

• LMAO 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahrahbitchson
15 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

in GGD terms: he was poor like @Rat Boy and owed money to @River

8 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

MJ was floptina aguilera so he was giving bankruptcy teas the house down.

OMG :udidnt: i cant believe Michael was in debt. Thank you 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • LMAO 8

1 hour ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Kris-Jenner-Stressed.jpg

I understood it all and English isn't even my mother tongue :huntyga::oops:

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

• River locked this topic