💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Poll: LG7 Lead Single Release Date

Economy

LG7 Release Date  

101 members have voted

1. 1. When will the lead for LG7 be released?

• June 28th
    • July 5th
    • July 12th
    • July 19th
    • July 26th
    • August 2nd
    • Later

Featured Posts

Radio stations have only heard about Katy being the pop female release for July so far, at least for that week and the one after. So I would say the 26th at the earliest but I'm really thinking its not coming this summer. 

I’m still expecting a surprise album release sometime in July, with lead single coming out just a few days prior to the album release.

'Cause we are all our hair...
  • Shook 1

MessyTop
30 minutes ago, Stefanotta said:

I’m still expecting a surprise album release sometime in July, with lead single coming out just a few days prior to the album release.

This will never happen, vinyl has to be pressed and pre ordered. Even Billie had 6 weeks of pre orders, is a business, they want to make money selling physical copies, inter scope ain’t doing a surprise release

Edited by MessyTop

madmagical6
25 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

This will never happen, vinyl has to be pressed and pre ordered. Even Billie has 6 weeks of pre orders, is a business, they want to make money selling physical copies, inter scope ain’t doing a surprise release

over it please GIF by CBC

Gaga!!! Announce!!!

• LMAO 1

22 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

This will never happen, vinyl has to be pressed and pre ordered. Even Billie has 6 weeks of pre orders, is a business, they want to make money selling physical copies, inter scope ain’t doing a surprise release

I don't think everyone is up to date on current practices, but surprise drop albums for big artists are pretty much done for now. I would be truly shocked if she did it. The preorder window is too important and physical sales have been a defining factor for many debuts in the past year. Taylor is still holding out on the pre-release single, Billie included now, but more traditional promotional styles/windows are coming back.

2 hours ago, Nycboy said:

With the dark aesthetics and similarities to the Joker, it feels like it’s gonna be a fall album not a summer album. Which is okay with me bc it feels appropriate. Grammy cutoff is Aug 31 so a fall release will also help Gaga steer clear from all the competition this year. That makes me think lead single is coming in August at the earliest. Why she teased LG7 in May? No idea lol. 

I dunno if Gaga still does this or not but imo Grammys are no longer relevant enough to on their own determine when you should release something.

Theres also no guarantee that delaying it makes it any better anyway. Theres always competition and no guarantee it wont be just as stiff next year

SpadesToStart

I still don’t think you tease new music WITH A SNIPPET if you’re not releasing anything in the next 5 months. September and October are seemingly blacked out with her Joker obligations, so I still say lead single July.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AntonTurnItUp

Lead - July 25th (exactly two months after the Gaga RETURNS announcement)

Second single - August 30th

Album - September 6th (and she performs a medley of the album at the VMA :flower:)

5 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

I still don’t think you tease new music WITH A SNIPPET if you’re not releasing anything in the next 5 months. September and October are seemingly blacked out with her Joker obligations, so I still say lead single July.

Thats part of what i thought too. The teases were too strong to suggest its still far away and i doubt shed release at the exact same time as the movie...

So before seems likely so i still think a lead in July (early or mid August at the lastest) is most likely. Certainly the album as well before Joker comes out in October

Additionally the pre-movie hype and attention would only benefit the success of her release so ud think a release soon would make sense :shrug:

VasilisVas

I’m hoping for an autumn release. Autumn is my absolute favorite season and having new Gaga music during my favorite season would bring me so much joy. I remember when TFM was released in autumn. If this new album will be on the darker side an autumn release will be amazing and nostalgic of TFM days!