❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
music news

NME: Camila Cabello's ‘C,XOXO’ is packed with intriguing earworms

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Neither ‘I Luv It’ nor follow-up single ‘He Knows’, a clattering collab with Lil Nas X, quite signposts the overall vibe of Cabello’s fourth album. Largely co-written with producers El Guincho (Rosalía, FKA twigs) and Jasper Harris (Tate McRae, Doja Cat), ‘C,XOXO’ is a laconic, off-kilter pop record filled with heavily Auto-Tuned vocals inspired by T-Pain. It’s a new sound for Cabello that heightens the music’s intriguing, trippy sheen.

Still, whether you think Cabello is “that girl” or not, there’s no denying that ‘C,XOXO’ is packed with quirky earworms: she even blends emo and reggaeton on the brilliant, melancholy club banger ‘Pretty When I Cry’. Some of 2024’s most anticipated pop albums have sunk pretty fast after hyped roll-outs; this one deserves to keep bubbling to the surface for months to come.

ezgif-2-acaee0505b.jpg
https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/camila-cabello-c-xoxo-album-review-3768433

i ❤️
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Levine

Two different threads with two different reviews? Is this Camilla Cabello Daily?

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, Levine said:

Is this Camilla Cabello Daily?

yes, for 1 week

i ❤️
  • YAAAS 1

Anderson123

I only know Havana and absolutely disliked I Luv It but I'm curious about this album.

No expectations and looks very try hard but still want to know what she's doing with this "rebrand".

Edited by Anderson123

RAMROD

Will stream from winamp

artqngel.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1

Emvee
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

I only know Havana and absolutely disliked I Luv It but I'm curious about this album.

No expectations and looks very try hard but still want to know what she's doing with this "rebrand".

The “try hard” thing is interesting because it’s based on a critique of her public persona instead of just the music. Same thing happened to Gaga when she released ARTPOP. Critics couldn’t get past her celebrity status to take ARTPOP as a serious artistic endeavor. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

Familia is my favorite album from her. The singles from this era have not been my thing. I dislike them all greatly, but I'm holding out hope for the album. I generally like all of her albums, though Familia is def the standout. Romance has amazing singles and Camila has great deep cuts, Havana aside (which is great).

• Love 1