💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Fame & Chappell Roan

Decodekid

Featured Posts

Decodekid

So my brother has gotten me into Chappell Roan's music and he pointed out to me how some of her work has an essence of Gaga from Pre The Fame - The Fame in terms of production. I've come across a few examples which I wanna share just for fun. Not doing this comparison with a bad intention (in case this thread reaches twitter don't come for me plsss) more of an appreciation to this style of music as we're witnessing the rise of a new pop girl :vegas:

Red Wine Supernova and Femininomenon & Disco Heaven / Sexy Ugly 

It's def a mix of the talkative bridge with layered vocals, I can also see a bit of similarity in the production which i love. Also, synths, spelling of lyrics, etc. 

Overall, I feel like Gaga demos from that time have some of that vibe

Im Harol don't tell anyone
  • Love 7

lastpopicon

Mb a bit dramatic but I feel we are witnessing history, just like Gaga in 2008. Been discovering this girl the past 24h and I'm in love, since Gaga nobody really grabbed my attention but she changed that, I can't :toofunny:

After listening to the album way too many times, my top 5:

1.Naked In Manhattan

2.My Kink is Karma

3.Pink Pony Club

4.Super Graphic Modern Girl

5.Femininomon

And she also gives us ballads like Kaleidoscope, Picture You, Coffee, California... On an album with NO SKIPS.

STOP sleeping on this QUEEN :giveup:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3

lastpopicon

For people diving in on the album, don't let the start of the songs fool you, that's all I'm going to say, trust the queen.

There's a lot to unpack, one example is Femininomon, you'd say it's a ballad by the first minute, but she switches it up on you. There are some tracks like this and this one of the reasons that makes the album magical for me, Pink Pony Club is similar.

But we also have Adele like ballads, her voice is sooo beautiful, listen to Kaleidoscope or Picture you please :bye:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1

King of the Fall

Chappell Roan is a massive Gaga fan, so the influence that comes across in her music makes sense 

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Spotify has been sneaking Chappell in my recommended playlists since last year, although I like the few songs I've heard, she never gave me Gaga vibes. To me, she sounds like a more mature and interesting TS... On the other hand, since Brat came out, I keep thinking that it is somehow similar to The Fame, mostly in terms of the impact it will cause/is causing in the industry.

Her vocals remind me of Bebe Rexha and Olivia Rodrigo.

The production is Marina and the Diamonds coded mixed with Olivia Rodrigo.

Dan should tap more into synth-pop dance tracks for her next album :pray:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

I am really attracted to her style, but her music needs to grow on me a bit. She does remind me of (pre)Fame Gaga a lot but to me her voice and melodies are a bit too Taylor Swifty that I can't really get fully into it right away. I need more rawness or power, I don't know how to put it. The lyrics are good, but the sound is a bit to high-school cutesy for me. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch