💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rosalia apparently shades Karol G in new instagram post

bubbletea

Featured Posts

Karol G dropped a new song on Friday that fans are saying sounds suspiciously similar to Rosalía's hit "Despacha." Both tracks are dembow with a danceable merengue or Caribbean-inspired melody.

today the  Spanish singer made an instagram post with different pictures with no description and her song on the background… may be a reach but it’s not the first time there is a shady reference to Karol G from this woman 

Feels like 2013 with pop idols being messy over again 

GQyM5crXEAEzXGc?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by bubbletea
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Teletubby

it sounds like something from Shakria

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t dislike Rosalia but I feel like her fans are so messy and problematic.. always attacking LATINA artists 

some months ago was Tini now (and it’s not the first time) Karol G

be serious, she’s not the blueprint of genres that already existed in those girls countries 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

malzejar
2 hours ago, bubbletea said:

I don’t dislike Rosalia but I feel like her fans are so messy and problematic.. always attacking LATINA artists 

be serious, she’s not the blueprint of genres that already existed in those girls countries 

I agree, I am a big Rosalía fan but she's being shady over nothing, both songs have a super basic Dominican merengue melody, and girl you're Catalana, make it make sense

Edited by malzejar
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 6

Decodekid

Sorry but Rosalia can't have a word on this one she didn't invent Merengue, she just came to DR and hopped on what she liked :bionic: 

If anything Karol G has more of a right than her to jump on the genre as she is actually latina :vegas:

Im Harol don't tell anyone
  • Thanks 3

JoanneMonster
1 hour ago, bubbletea said:

I mean... karol g is always copying her (not only in this situation)

1 hour ago, Decodekid said:

Sorry but Rosalia can't have a word on this one she didn't invent Merengue, she just came to DR and hopped on what she liked :bionic: 

If anything Karol G has more of a right than her to jump on the genre as she is actually latina :vegas:

so only people from the US can sing pop? By that logic Karol shouldnt be speaking spanish because shes not from spain

I See You
  • LMAO 5

Didn’t they get the memo that Charli and Lorde ended female competition last week and now pop girlies are suppose to love and support each other?

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Decodekid
21 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

so only people from the US can sing pop? By that logic Karol shouldnt be speaking spanish because shes not from spain

lol no, not what I meant.

I didn't say Rosalia can't do Merengue, I said that Karol G has more of a right in the context that Rosalia often appropriates culture BEYOND just making a song, which leads to Karol G being able to do so without it being such a problem as she is latina. 

And if we're going by your logic then no, Karol G can speak Spanish as her country was colonized and she can reclaim that :vegas:

Im Harol don't tell anyone
  • Thanks 5

misha4ever
2 hours ago, bubbletea said:

"Despacha."

despacha means dispatch or pack off, it's despechá (despechada) or scorned.

english is not my native language >.<

misha4ever
2 hours ago, Teletubby said:

it sounds like something from Shakria

Shakira invented merengue in 2011

english is not my native language >.<

MadArchitect

this is ridiculous, bachata and merengue IS pop music in latin america, almost as much as reggaeton is, people here have been listening to these styles since they were born over and over again, Rosalia not only din't invent anything at all, she hopped on styles that were already very popular here, the people who listen to that and hear novelty are only people who dont live or dont know latin american culture...

Edited by MadArchitect
  • Thanks 2

Flippy
7 hours ago, JoanneMonster said:

:flippy::ladyhaha:

oh the things we read :billie:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

JoanneMonster
On 6/24/2024 at 2:38 AM, Decodekid said:

lol no, not what I meant.

I didn't say Rosalia can't do Merengue, I said that Karol G has more of a right in the context that Rosalia often appropriates culture BEYOND just making a song, which leads to Karol G being able to do so without it being such a problem as she is latina. 

And if we're going by your logic then no, Karol G can speak Spanish as her country was colonized and she can reclaim that :vegas:

music is music, there’s no such thing as having more of a right to sing a song or not. Lady Gaga is not from Tennessee and still did Joanne. 

I dont mind Karol G but she obvoiusly copies Rosalia in lots of ways. Just look up comparisons and you will see. That doesnt mean shes not talented or whatever, shes just not really original.

Almost every country in the world has been colonized, hers was in 1499, I think we should move on lol

I See You
  • LMAO 1