Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Gaga’s Magnup Opus Will Be

SashaxBzns

Featured Posts

SashaxBzns

Gaga’s magnum opus will be a record that incorporates BOTH her pop persona and jazz elements.

The separation between pop and jazz (Enigma/Jazz &Piano; Chromatica/Love For Sale) is holding her back.

If she made a record with songs that incorporates elements of both (like Billie did with jazz on ‘Hit Me Hard and Soft’ or Beyoncé with country on ‘Cowboy Carter’), she would truely differentiate herself, while also reviving her passion for producing pop records.

Edited by SashaxBzns
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Shook 3

Aglaya

I actually agree. I'd love for some electronic mixed with jazz songs for her new album :bradley: Don't even know how that would sound

could mean anything
  • Love 1

HelloHangoverz
11 minutes ago, SashaxBzns said:

Gaga’s magnum opus will be a record that incorporates BOTH her pop persona and jazz elements.

The separation between pop and jazz (Enigma/Jazz &Piano; Chromatica/Love For Sale) is holding her back.

If she made a record with songs that incorporates elements of both (like Billie did with jazz on ‘Hit Me Hard and Soft’ or Beyoncé with country on ‘Cowboy Carter’), she would truely differentiate herself, while also reviving her passion for producing pop records.

Omfg I was literally just thinking about this a few hours ago. It's so true. She'll reach her artistic peak when she's able to synthesize all these different identities into one unified approach. And we won't be ready for it when that happens

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

Ultimecia

Speechless, Marry the Night, The Edge of Glory, Yoü & I.

These are Gaga's greatest, and they all share that approach! :vegas:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

GagaGame

Actually, yes

I could be your mustang for the weekend

Nessun Dorma

Don’t get me wrong, I love JazzGa and I know that jazz has a big importance on her music background and body of work, but I fail to see Gaga merely as a pop/jazz musician. I see a lot of rock aura on her (not just musically. Her attitude, her statements, her clothing). So I don’t know, maybe a mixture of pop, jazz and rock? I have no idea how it would sound though, but I just can’t think of a magnum opus without that rock n’ roll atmosphere going on. 

• Like 1

Sneaky Oliver

I think it’s bound to happen at some point in her career but I’m afraid of it because pop music with jazz influences usually tend to sound very cheesy. I hope Gaga brings the ballad-like emotion instead of the electro swing style 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Edonis

She should've did it with Joanne.

But I agree - Gaga should be mixing jazz music into her pop music more often (and no, it shouldn't just be ballads or Any Winehouse demos like some of you guys want her to make). Nu-Jazz, Acid Jazz, Jazz House, Jazz rock, and any of the other derivatives have yet to really make its way into pop music in the way other genres have in the past 20 or so years.

But if anyone could be the one to change that, it would be Gaga. 

• Like 2

Siena

I’ve said it a lot but if she can combine pop with her classical piano skills that can be incredible. She of course uses her classical background especially with her composition skills, but I’m dying to see her really showcase her skills in a clearer way. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Nessun Dorma
1 hour ago, Ultimecia said:

Speechless, Marry the Night, The Edge of Glory, Yoü & I.

These are Gaga's greatest, and they all share that approach! :vegas:

Speechless!!! Oh how I love this song!!! I’m just unable to see a mention of it and not comment about it :huntyga: MTN, TEOG and Y&I all so iconic! 

• YAAAS 2

Nathaniel Arven

this is kinda genius tbh. Jazz is not just classical old school jazz it's so rich. it can be strong like rock music, or weird as sheiße.

• Like 1