💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

RS: Katy reconnected with ‘Teenage Dream’ producers Dr. Luke, Max Martin for KP6

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JorgeX

Idk but something here is not fitting, why she would do that? 

tyler k
10 hours ago, MessyTop said:

The general public has no idea of any of it.

this is extremely untrue, lol

and... who cares if he wasn't convicted? do you know how many r*pists get to live their life without any repercussions yet the victim has to carry that pain for the rest of their lives? jesus christ have some compassion.

and I'm speaking as a victim as well. my abuser wasn't convicted.

your comment (not just the part I quoted is) is gross tbh, it's a not a friendly reminder at all lol 

Edited by tyler k
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

chromaticainmyhead

She comes off so carelessly and cheap about Dr Luke it's disturbing. But what else came to my mind is that it makes me question what else she didn't hesitate to do in the past we don't know about if the price for staying relevant is so low to her

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Lucas

People on Twitter are NOT having it and making threads about why she's problematic :billie: Her comeback is off to a terrible start lol

lastpopicon

She's getting so criticized rn, I'm almost starting to feel sorry for her :air:

The melody that you choose can rescue you

MessyTop
20 minutes ago, tyler k said:

and... who cares if he wasn't convicted? do you know how many r*pists get to live their life without any repercussions yet the victim has to carry that pain for the rest of their lives? jesus christ have some compassion.

your comment (not just the part I quoted is) is gross tbh, it's a not a friendly reminder at all lol 

Please read my comment: I don’t support him, the general public doesn’t follow producers. As bad as it sounds , court of opinion doesn’t equal court of law. People are gonna support artists and producers .

look at Trump, convicted felon and half of the USA supports him. My advice is , don’t take peoples opinion of a song, artists or producers affect you, I feel for you as a victim, but I’ve learned that I will not change peoples opinions on anything in the internet .

Edited by MessyTop
  • Like 2

Anderson123
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, she's calling back the entire original gang, with the exception of Bonnie maybe. I get it, that team was her golden ticket to superstardom and kept her there and dropping them caused her career to spiral downwards. But to act like their involvement was the only reason for her success isn't wholly accurate. Katy's youth and looks were her major selling point, pop was the biggest genre at the time, her promotional budget was massive, her team used a variety of tricks to make her chart high. But these facets won't mean what they did back then. Katy's got her old look back but she's now nearly 40, pop is no longer the most popular genre, she won't be promoted everywhere like she was back in the day and those charting tricks will no longer work as new Billboard rules have since come into play. That brand of pop she made is so dated now. But because it was a hit at the time, it will remain a beloved nostalgic classic forever, it doesn't matter how dated it becomes. If Teenage Dream was released today, as good as I think it is, it wouldn't be as successful now. I mean, its long been said that the streaming era has ensured that no one will ever be getting 5 #1's from a single album ever again. 

Reality is that Luke's involvement hasn't stopped his tracks charting, he continues to get #1's and top tens to this day with various artists. But you'll notice the stuff he makes for pop artists just isn't having that juggernaut success that Katy had back then (unless you count Say So as pop). I think ultimately the public has moved on from Dr Luke branded pop so Capitol is in for a rude awakening if they spend all this money on a comeback only for it not to have the desired effect. But who can say these days? Charts aren't predictable as they once were.

Now I wonder which Katy Keene comics she's gonna use for this since she used all of those for the Dr. Luke produced albums. :icant:

• LMAO 2

tyler k
22 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Please read my comment: I don’t support him, the general public doesn’t follow producers. As bad as it sounds , court of opinion doesn’t equal court of law. People are gonna support artists and producers .

look at Trump, convicted felon and half of the USA supports him. My advice is , don’t take peoples opinion of a song, artists or producers affect you, I feel for you as a victim, but I’ve learned that I will not change peoples opinions on anything in the internet .

I read your comment and it's still gross. and unnecessary in this conversation. 

Convicted or not, he still did that to Kesha and other women.

Katy is working with him again, knowing this well documented case that went on for over 10 years. 

I will not support her, nor this music. Whether than man was convicted or not. I don't care. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1

Bok

I mean the world is full of amazing talented musicians and all the pop girlies still picking this snot nose is insane to me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

ChavaWM
15 hours ago, tyler k said:

Agreed. 

None of my childhood abusers were convicted. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Love 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Alfonso

I'm hoping the new music is more interesting than the snippet, because it didn't sound promising at all.. Personally I couldn't care less if she works with Dr. Luke or not, I'm not defending him or anything, but she's old enough (and her team should be wise enough) to know who she's dealing with or what she does.. I'm here for the music. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ALGAYDO
13 hours ago, ChavaWM said:

Agreed. 

None of my childhood abusers were convicted. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Exactly. So many abusers even straight up admit to it after decades of doing it, and legit nothing happens to them expect being shamed by a few people on the internet. The whole justice system is a complete and utter joke 

Sepsami

Its not gonna go well me thing :saladga: I hope she proves me wrong cause I always like Katy