Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chappell Roan turned down offer to perform at White House for Pride

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Pharamon
3 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

I appreciate you using Google to bring me these facts (truly, no BS).

If only for taking time out of your day to do so.

But, in spite of all that convenient Googling, one thing is certain:

You have not helped ANYTHING today. I do not mean that in a cruel way, I mean it in a literal way.

You point out that Biden's flaws as a politician.

K. What can we do about THAT right now? Answer that question for me, please- genuinely.

I know what we CAN do!

-We NOT TALK SH*T about Biden

-We can VOTE for him (to keep Trump out of power)

-and THEN, once things are relatively safe,

we can hold Biden’s feet to the fire (so to speak),

compelling him to do our bidding as a public servant.

There is too much at stake to play 🍎s and 🍊s.

Regardless if you are an American or not,

YOU DO NOT want Trump having power

over you or your loved ones again.

If you thought he was dangerous before,

you have seen nothing yet. He will return with a vengeance,

and better insight about how to abuse his power.

He will never be a public servant. Many of us will become HIS servants.

It is not rocket science.

It is not even political science.

It is common sense.

Please be careful and be smart,

you never know who you are influencing,

and the ripple effects you could create.

💚

Read

MadArchitect
3 hours ago, Pharamon said:

This is the right thing to do... Biden is equally as bad as Trump.

2 hours ago, Pharamon said:

Choosing to vote for Biden just because Trump is a way worse choice tells you enough about Biden too.

the contradiction... :messga:

Edited by MadArchitect
  • Like 2

hieronymus
1 hour ago, Pharamon said:

Keep on creating scenarios and assumptions. I refuse to pick up a debate with someone who doesn't even do their research in regards to politics before participating in one.

I'm not creating any scenarios. If you genuinely think Biden is as bad as Trump then you don't view Trump to be as bad as the rest of us do.

Are you not taking executive orders, judicial nominees, foreign relations, their cabinets, etc into account?

Edited by hieronymus
  • Like 4

Pharamon
8 minutes ago, MadArchitect said:

the contradiction... :messga:

There's no contradiction there, maybe you should google what it means lol

• LMAO 1

Ladle Ghoulash

1. Inflation rates hit a 40 year high last week, coming in at 9.1%. The cost of everyday staples also increased. The price of eggs went up 33.1%, meat 8.2%, gasoline 59.9%, used cars 7.1% and air travel 34.1%. This is all in addition to supply shortages. Yet as the economy is flashing huge red warning signs, President Joe Biden and his administration are telling us something different.

Joe Biden: Look, here's where we are. We have the fastest growing economy in the world, the world, the world. We have 8.6 million new jobs just since I got in an office. Unemployment rates down to 3.6%. We've reduced the deficit last year by $320 billion, this year going to reduce it by $1.7 trillion dollars, trillion dollars.

What Biden Said: “The Russian military has been decimated. You don’t write about that. It’s been freaking decimated.”

The Facts: This is a fair assessment, according to a Reuters report on a declassified U.S. intelligence assessment provided to Congress. The intelligence determined that Russia had 360,000 active military personnel when it invaded Ukraine in February of 2022. By December of last year, 315,000 Russian troops had been either killed or injured in the war—a reduction in troop strength by 87%.

What Biden Said: "We spent a lot of money in Ukraine, but Europe has spent more money than the United States has, collectively."

The Facts: The European Union has provided over $107 billion dollars in financial, military, humanitarian, and refugee assistance since the war in Ukraine began, as of April 24. Comparatively, Congress has authorized the United States to provide up to $175 billion to support Ukraine, and has provided the country approximately $81 billion since the Russian invasion, according to the White House.

What Biden Said: I spent a month in Ukraine when I was a Senator and Vice President.

The Facts: Biden’s trips to Ukraine include six he made as Vice President—more than any previous President or Vice President. He was also involved in Ukraine during his 36 years as a US Senator. He sponsored or co-sponsored 39 pieces of legislation in support of Ukraine, and worked on issues involving Ukraine as a longtime member of the Foreign Relations Committee, including 12 years as chairman or ranking member.

What Biden Said: "Japan [is] devoting 3% of its GDP to defense..."

The Facts: Japan aims to spend 2% of its GDP on defense by 2027, according to a statement by Prime Minister Kishida Fumio. From 1960 to 2022, Japan’s defense spending was 1% of GDP or lower.

5. What Biden Said: "I put together a Quad that never existed before."

The Facts: The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, known as the Quad, is a partnership between the US, Japan, Australia and India that began in 2004, following the Indian ocean tsunami. The group was formalized by then-Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in 2007, but was inactive until reforming in 2017. The Quad’s first in-person summit was held at the White House in Sept. 2021, during Biden’s first year as President.

6. What Biden Said: “Wage increases have exceeded what the cost of inflation…”

The Facts: New data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows hourly wage growth topping inflation for the past 12 months. In April, nominal hourly earnings were up 3.9% from a year ago; inflation held at 3.4%. But cumulative inflation has outpaced wage growth for most of the Biden presidency.

7. What Biden Said: “I remember when I was heading to Taiwan, excuse me, to South Korea, to reclaim the chips industry that we had gotten $865 billion in private-sector investment, private-sector investments since I’ve been in. Name me a president who’s done that.”

The Facts: The White House announced an $866 billion private-sector investment in May, not when Biden went to South Korea in 2022. The funding was also meant for initiatives across clean energy and manufacturing industries, and is not limited to just the chips industry.

8. What Biden Said: “There are going to be a billion people in Africa in the next several years.”

The Facts: Africa’s total population already exceeds one billion people—an estimated 1.4 billion people live on the continent. That number is expected to reach nearly 2.5 billion by 2050, according to the United Nations.

9. What Biden Said: “I mean, that line that Macron used, and it says that…I was making notes for this. It said, Macron, they know the experience of brain death unlike anytime. Because lack of US leadership, we should reassess the reality of NATO in light of the lack of US leadership.”

The Facts: Biden appears to be referencing what French President Emmanuel Macron said in a October 2019 interview with The Economist, in which he warned that European countries could no longer rely on the United States to come to the defense of NATO allies. “What we are currently experiencing is the brain death of NATO,” he said, adding that the alliance “only works if the guarantor of last resort functions as such. I’d argue that we should reassess the reality of what NATO is in the light of the commitment of the United States.”

And those are only the handful of him and his misinformation and blatant lies. And don't get me started about what he did and said about Palestine. He's equally as bad as Trump. Trump is a blatant scum exposed but Biden acts and behaves like a wolf in a sheep's clothing. 

1. Inflation is actually no longer at a 40 year high. It was in 2022 (8.5% in May of 2022, to be exact), but as of April of 2024, inflation has dropped 5.1% and is currently 3.4%.  https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

1a. A huge driver of an increase in consumer cost and cost of living, however, has been corporate price gouging (often termed as “greedflation”). A recent study found that greedflation was actually responsible for more than half of the inflation surge in the past two years and the companies responsible have seen record profits. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/greedflation-caused-more-half-last-100000899.html

1b. It’s also worth noting that, specifically as it relates to gas prices, when Democrats had a slim majority in the House of Representatives, they passed a bill that would’ve curbed price gouging by gas and oil conglomerates, but they didn’t have the support in the Senate to pass it (a similar, omnibus anti-price gouging bill has also been introduced in the House this year), so they have tried to address the issue, while the GOP wants to have their cake and eat it too (“Inflation is too high, but we refuse to do anything about it.”)

1c. Inflation =\= lack of economic growth. People often mistake high consumer costs for a “recession” when “recession” is a term that means that the economy is shrinking (usually determined by GDP shrinkage and dips in the stock market). Biden is actually correct to say that the economy is growing, as the GDP has grown 1.3% this year and we’ve seen record highs in the stock market within the past few years and even the past few months specifically.

1d. Not really sure what the supposed “gotcha” is on unemployment. Unemployment is down, that’s true. Full stop. 

2. Idk if you read this, but the fact checker you copied and pasted here said what he said about the Russian military being decimated was true, so…no comment lol.

2a. The figure of $175B being sent to Ukraine includes both artillery and military equipment (ie not “cash” per se); the US has actually only sent $44B in actual funds to Ukraine, while the EU has sent $107B, so this statement is true.

3. The fact check confirms he was telling the truth about spending time in Ukraine, not sure what the controversy is.

4. What Biden said here wasn’t true, but not entirely sure how consequential his assessment of Japanese defense spending really is lol.

5. Yeah, this appears to be untrue as well (again, not a particularly consequential lie)

6. The framing on this one is disingenuous. Biden was clearly referring to the differential on the Dept of Labor stats (3.9% hourly wage to 3.4% inflation) and to extrapolate that he was somehow referring to cumulative inflation is not substantiated by his remarks.

7. This appears to be correcting a gaffe. Inconsequential. 

8. Another gaffe. Sure, he should know this stat, but it’s not really that damning. 

9. Biden’s recounting was an accurate reflection of what Macron said about NATO lacking US leadership under Trump. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Love 3

HelloHangoverz
7 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

Are you not taking executive orders, judicial nominees, foreign relations, their cabinets, etc into account?

They are trying to flex their progressive credentials as if we're not all progressives on this site. It's giving unresolved academic praise kink

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • LMAO 4

Ladle Ghoulash
24 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Well it may be pro in spirit but there’s a LOT of rollbacks of rights rn for women and queer folks. I’d say it’s a stretch to say this is a Palestinian stance.

i think the logic is framing herself as against “the man” as Gaga did but without saying a tremendously large amount. It’s marketing lmao

Exactly this. Her activism could mean anything 🔵

MadArchitect
1 minute ago, Pharamon said:

gurl google what? you said Trump was equally as bad as biden, and and then hour later admitted trump is way worse, that is what contradiction means...

• Like 1

Pharamon
7 minutes ago, MadArchitect said:

gurl google what? you said Trump was equally as bad as biden, and and then hour later admitted trump is way worse, that is what contradiction means...

read what I said in this thread, you're embarassing yourself 

• LMAO 1

MadArchitect
27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Well it may be pro in spirit but there’s a LOT of rollbacks of rights rn for women and queer folks. I’d say it’s a stretch to say this is a Palestinian stance.

i think the logic is framing herself as against “the man” as Gaga did but without saying a tremendously large amount. It’s marketing lmao

all of which come from the conservative party in the congress and senate, and also from local legislation in  conservative dominant states, not from the Biden administration, if trump wins again theyll have much more freedom to do as they please, it will get so much worse.

• Like 1

MadArchitect
2 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

i read it, nothing about the rest of what you wrote makes the contradiction dissapear, how embarassing for you

• Like 2

JessFletch
4 hours ago, Pharamon said:

This is the right thing to do... Biden is equally as bad as Trump.

3 hours ago, Pharamon said:

I am not wrong, it takes moments to educate yourself on the decisions Biden has made. Voting and supporting Biden just because he's somewhat pro-lgbt doesn't mean anything. Doesn't make him a good president. Choosing to vote for Biden just because Trump is a way worse choice tells you enough about Biden too.

Keep on creating scenarios and assumptions. I refuse to pick up a debate with someone who doesn't even do their research in regards to politics before participating in one.

Wishing you education, googling doesn't hurt.

57 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

I stay educated on what's happening there.

21 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

5 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

you're embarassing yourself 

Just want all of these here, in perpetuity.

People have liked some of your replies, and that scares the hell out of me.

My advice would be to stop digging and put down the shovel before all the light is gone.

⚫️
  • Like 1

Pharamon
Just now, JessFletch said:

Just want all of these here, in perpetuity.

People have liked some of your replies, and that scares the hell out of me.

My advice would be to stop digging and put down the shovel before all the light is gone.

Choosing to vote for Biden just because Trump is a way worse choice tells you enough about Biden too.

do you know how to read? That's embarassing.

Bronco
34 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

What Biden Said: I spent a month in Ukraine when I was a Senator and Vice President.

The Facts: Biden’s trips to Ukraine include six he made as Vice President—more than any previous President or Vice President. He was also involved in Ukraine during his 36 years as a US Senator. He sponsored or co-sponsored 39 pieces of legislation in support of Ukraine, and worked on issues involving Ukraine as a longtime member of the Foreign Relations Committee, including 12 years as chairman or ranking member.

So where is the lie? Did he or did he not spend time in Ukraine? What are you disputing here? 

34 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

Inflation rates hit a 40 year high last week, coming in at 9.1%. The cost of everyday staples also increased. The price of eggs went up 33.1%, meat 8.2%, gasoline 59.9%, used cars 7.1% and air travel 34.1%. This is all in addition to supply shortages. Yet as the economy is flashing huge red warning signs, President Joe Biden and his administration are telling us something different.

Joe Biden: Look, here's where we are. We have the fastest growing economy in the world, the world, the world. We have 8.6 million new jobs just since I got in an office. Unemployment rates down to 3.6%. We've reduced the deficit last year by $320 billion, this year going to reduce it by $1.7 trillion dollars, trillion dollars.

America does have the fastest growing economy and has expanded each year during Biden's term. The unemployment rate is down and has stayed down. During Biden's time in office there's actually been a growth of 15.2 million jobs, the number in work is 6 million higher than it was pre-pandemic. Inflation is high in the US, but this is also true (especially in the food industry) across the Global North. So are you saying Joe Biden's facts are wrong? 

40 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

What Biden Said: "Japan [is] devoting 3% of its GDP to defense..."

The Facts: Japan aims to spend 2% of its GDP on defense by 2027, according to a statement by Prime Minister Kishida Fumio. From 1960 to 2022, Japan’s defense spending was 1% of GDP or lower.

So he mis-spoke and was off by 1%? Have you never mis-spoke? Ever got a number off slightly mid conversation? Or are you incapable of mistakes? 

43 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

9. What Biden Said: “I mean, that line that Macron used, and it says that…I was making notes for this. It said, Macron, they know the experience of brain death unlike anytime. Because lack of US leadership, we should reassess the reality of NATO in light of the lack of US leadership.”

The Facts: Biden appears to be referencing what French President Emmanuel Macron said in a October 2019 interview with The Economist, in which he warned that European countries could no longer rely on the United States to come to the defense of NATO allies. “What we are currently experiencing is the brain death of NATO,” he said, adding that the alliance “only works if the guarantor of last resort functions as such. I’d argue that we should reassess the reality of what NATO is in the light of the commitment of the United States.”

Searching for a point here other than you finding the source to the quote he correctly attributes to Macron and the context he correctly identfies. 

46 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

What Biden Said: "We spent a lot of money in Ukraine, but Europe has spent more money than the United States has, collectively."

The Facts: The European Union has provided over $107 billion dollars in financial, military, humanitarian, and refugee assistance since the war in Ukraine began, as of April 24. Comparatively, Congress has authorized the United States to provide up to $175 billion to support Ukraine, and has provided the country approximately $81 billion since the Russian invasion, according to the White House.

Again, whats the lie here? If the EU has spent $107bn + the UK's contribution of $15.9bn for a combined total of $123.9bn & the US has spent approximately $81bn - then Europe has spent more money than the United States has collectively. And that's without including any other contributions from Non-EU nations besides the UK. It's simple maths. 

51 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

7. What Biden Said: “I remember when I was heading to Taiwan, excuse me, to South Korea, to reclaim the chips industry that we had gotten $865 billion in private-sector investment, private-sector investments since I’ve been in. Name me a president who’s done that.”

The Facts: The White House announced an $866 billion private-sector investment in May, not when Biden went to South Korea in 2022. The funding was also meant for initiatives across clean energy and manufacturing industries, and is not limited to just the chips industry.

So the deal in question does include funding the Chips industry. Biden is correct that since he's been in office that amount of private-sector investment has been generated. And while the investment was not as a direct result of the 2022 visit to South Korea - the 2022 visit did lead to a joint declaration between the 2 countries on supporting and advancing the chips industry. Given Biden's propensity to muddle his facts due to his stammer, this isn't misinformation or deception - it's just garbled. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

hieronymus
10 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

1 minute ago, Pharamon said:

Choosing to vote for Biden just because Trump is a way worse choice tells you enough about Biden too.

do you know how to read? That's embarassing.

No one is being embarrassing but you. You're the epitome of pseudo-intellectual and you keep getting fact-checked and humiliated in these responses. Learn to learn. Take the L and humble yourself.

• Like 6