celeb

Chappell Roan turned down offer to perform at White House for Pride

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash

Just a little PSA: Biden’s support of Israel doesn’t have to be equally as bad as Trump’s proposed foreign policy in order to be bad. False equivalencies strip nuance from conversations and disallow any kind of meaningful discussion. The inability to recognize degrees of harm isn’t a virtue. It is entirely possible to call out things you don’t like about Biden without having to make the rhetorically lazy (and demonstrably false) argument that he’s somehow just as bad as Trump. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vicixs
26 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

JFC, YOU deserve Trump as YOUR president.

Cognizant Americans deserve better.

26 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

JFC, YOU deserve Trump as YOUR president.

Cognizant Americans deserve better.

I'm sorry, but ya'll are really more worried about your own rights when people are literally dying right now?

None of that would even happen if Trump were elected. Ya'll really just believe the fear-mongering.

Religion is a product to sell.

Nutella
Just now, Grigio Guy said:

I'm sorry, but ya'll are really more worried about your own rights when people are literally dying right now?

None of that would even happen if Trump were elected. Ya'll really just believe the fear-mongering.

Worried about my own rights, which I CAN control?

Yes?

What would you have me do about the war?

THAT should be rhetorical, because

"none of that would even happen if trump were elected"

is baffling to me. But I'm still genuinely curious.

There is fearmongering, and then there is apathetic misinformation spreading.

• Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
20 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

What about allowing Trump to be elected will save lives in Gaza? 

Vicixs
9 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

What about allowing Trump to be elected will save lives in Gaza? 

It would make no difference whether or not Trump won or lost the election. The only good thing about Trump is that he’s straight up and genuine about his stances. He says he’s gonna let Israel finish Gaza off. He says f*ck POC. He says f*ck queers whereas Biden quietly closes the borders to people looking for sanctuary. Where he quietly hides arms deals and Israel aid in a law about Tik tok (knowing that’ll be what people mainly talk about). Whereas Biden threatened to pull aid for Israel if they invaded Rafah and then signed a massive arms deals with bombs for them. He hasn’t even spoken about the fact that US aid trucks on a US pier were used to slaughter 100s in a refugee camp in Gaza.

no I am not pro-Trump. I would rather both of them choke on their gold spoons, but at the end of the day. Not much will be different lol.

31 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

Worried about my own rights, which I CAN control?

Yes?

What would you have me do about the genocide?

THAT should be rhetorical, because

"none of that would even happen if trump were elected"

is baffling to me. But I'm still genuinely curious.

There is fearmongering, and then there is apathetic misinformation spreading.

FixedT. Feel free to partake in protests and utilize your social media pages to continue spreading information about the genocide. And donate if you have the funds! :)

Trump and Biden are two sides of the same coin. We as a country are f*cked regardless.

And what I meant by “non for that would ever happen if Trump were elected” is that the house and senate are likely to flip this coming election year which would likely bar Trump from passing most of his plans regardless. I genuinely don’t understand how people think he could actually destroy democracy and run a dictatorship. It’s just not probable (if possible at all)

• Like 2

Nutella
2 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

It would make no difference whether or not Trump won or lost the election. The only good thing about Trump is that he’s straight up and genuine about his stances.

I never say this about people in a genuine way, but you should not be allowed to vote.

This is not American Idol, this is a potential American President.

You are surface-level, and you are a threat to people who want better things for their own country.

4 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

FixedT.

You altered nothing in my message? Unsurprising, frankly.

5 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

We as a country are f*cked regardless.

If people like you monopolize voting booths, yes.

May I ask who you're voting for, though?

6 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

I genuinely don’t understand how people think he could actually destroy democracy and run a dictatorship. It’s just not probable (if possible at all)

I hope we never need to find out.

But you are tempting fate with your needless words, and gambling with people's autonomy and freedoms.

Vicixs
5 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

I never say this about people in a genuine way, but you should not be allowed to vote.

This is not American Idol, this is a potential American President.

You are surface-level, and you are a threat to people who want better things for their own country.

You altered nothing in my message? Unsurprising, frankly.

If people like you monopolize voting booths, yes.

May I ask who you're voting for, though?

I hope we never need to find out.

But you are tempting fate with your needless words, and gambling with people's autonomy and freedoms.

I altered the part where you called it a war. A war would mean that there was even an ounce of even playing field (which there is not)

I mean, I’ve voted exclusively democrat since I was 18. I’m not an idiot that’s going to vote anything other than (though I would love to vote undetermined as a big f*ck you to Biden and everything he HASN’T done for any of us)

I’m not an idiot and will take any ounce of support from a political party. But I’m also not gonna be a brown-nosing blind follower that genuinely thinks the Democratic Party has our best interest at hand as a majority of them are nothing more than pink-washing, BLM-supportingbecauseitllgetthemthevotesthattheywant, narcissists that only want to line their pockets. (Except for AOC. She’s an icon and deserves to be our first female president)

Ladle Ghoulash
24 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

It would make no difference whether or not Trump won or lost the election. The only good thing about Trump is that he’s straight up and genuine about his stances. He says he’s gonna let Israel finish Gaza off. He says f*ck POC. He says f*ck queers whereas Biden quietly closes the borders to people looking for sanctuary. Where he quietly hides arms deals and Israel aid in a law about Tik tok (knowing that’ll be what people mainly talk about). Whereas Biden threatened to pull aid for Israel if they invaded Rafah and then signed a massive arms deals with bombs for them. He hasn’t even spoken about the fact that US aid trucks on a US pier were used to slaughter 100s in a refugee camp in Gaza.

no I am not pro-Trump. I would rather both of them choke on their gold spoons, but at the end of the day. Not much will be different lol.

FixedT. Feel free to partake in protests and utilize your social media pages to continue spreading information about the genocide. And donate if you have the funds! :)

Trump and Biden are two sides of the same coin. We as a country are f*cked regardless.

And what I meant by “non for that would ever happen if Trump were elected” is that the house and senate are likely to flip this coming election year which would likely bar Trump from passing most of his plans regardless. I genuinely don’t understand how people think he could actually destroy democracy and run a dictatorship. It’s just not probable (if possible at all)

“It would make no difference if Trump won or lost” is such an unserious and irresponsible take lol

Nutella
Just now, Grigio Guy said:

I’ve voted exclusively democrat since I was 18. I’m not an idiot that’s going to vote anything other

But I’m also not gonna be a brown-nosing blind follower that genuinely thinks

the Democratic Party has our best interest at hand

as a majority of them are nothing more than pink-washing, BLM-supportingbecauseitllgetthemthevotesthattheywant,

narcissists that only want to line their pockets.

I'm relieved, and I would never want someone to be a blindly loyal voter.

But you are expressing anger about the flaws of people

who would do you less harm than their opponents.

I'm glad you're voting blue this year,

I just wish you would stop tempting other people to not follow suit.

Please wait to be righteously angry until November 6th, I beg you.

Nycboy

Honestly I’m unhappy to hear this. She could have used the White House as a platform to promote progress… Like Gaga has done many times. Of course everyone has points they disagree on with the current administration. Flat out rejecting their offer and then trying to come off as some sort of a hero for doing so is so typical of today’s cancel culture. It’s the i-can’t-speak-to-anyone-if-they-disagree-with-me ethos, which is extreme and divisive. We need to bridge gaps and have productive conversations, not turn our backs on others.

Plus, we’re talking about a White House with Biden in charge not Trump…

• Like 1

Vicixs
6 minutes ago, JessFletch said:

I'm relieved, and I would never want someone to be a blindly loyal voter.

But you are expressing anger about the flaws of people

who would do you less harm than their opponents.

I'm glad you're voting blue this year,

I just wish you would stop tempting other people to not follow suit.

Please wait to be righteously angry until November 6th, I beg you.

Ew, did I come off as someone he votes red? God I’m sorry about that. I vote blue, but god does it pain me most of the time.

It’s just atrocious that we have to vote for the one that dose us less harm, but harms us regardless lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nutella
3 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

Ew, did I come off as someone he votes red? God I’m sorry about that. I vote blue, but god does it pain me most of the time.

It’s just atrocious that we have to vote for the one that dose us less harm, but harms us regardless lol

Sometimes it’s hard to tell, no? 😉💚

But I agree. Ours is an imperfect system that favors some (the wealthy and powerful) over others.

But we should work within the system,
rather than let a psychopath try to break it, for the worse.

⚠️TW⚠️ lol

After all, an argument could be made that:

Lady Gaga doesn’t REALLY care about kindness & equality,
she is just trying to line her own pockets with the money of people
who need an inspiring role model in their lives.

(I would never say that with a straight face on this website,
because my throat would be torn out lol)

But the point is, she IS an inspiring role model because of her words,
 however hollow they are.

So ladies pleeeeeeease don’t bash Biden, in certain spaces,
at least not while we are in such a vulnerable position as a nation.
Please.

Take the lesser evil.
TAKE THE LESSER EVIL

FrederickSpears
On 6/10/2024 at 10:07 AM, Pharamon said:

This is the right thing to do... Biden is equally as bad as Trump.

sweetie this isn't even a little bit true 

MOT
On 6/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, Pharamon said:

This is the right thing to do... Biden is equally as bad as Trump.

What does Biden v Trump have to do with Chappell Roan turning down an invitation to perform at the White House for Pride ?