❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

The Gaga & Madonna drama

GagaGame

Featured Posts

Borisapillar
31 minutes ago, Raven Stone said:

I found the whole thing at the time to be a bit confusing.

Gaga was obviously referencing Madonna and even paying homage to her. For example, the final scene in BTW video. The Madonna teeth! This, to me, was such an obvious sign of respect, even or maybe especially because it was while all the comparisons had already started.

Gaga constantly reveals the nature of art as a continuation of all the art that has come before. The ARTPOP era in so many ways, was about this. I think Gaga made clear in Applause and G.U.Y. video the importance of history and the evolution of art.

I was very upset with Madonna!! Still a tender spot, tbh.  

My grammar is so meh, thanks.

Your grammar is great honey

• Thanks 2

PartySick
38 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Gaga said that Madonna was threatened and scared that someone would take her throne and that she has her own throne already.

Don't forget when Gaga was on tour for the BTWB and said something like "I wish we could all just make music and not be c*nts to each other" and it was contextually clear she was talking about Madonna lol

OT: I dislike Madonna for two reasons. Her mistreatment of Gaga through the years due to her own overinflated ego and narcissism is one of them.

The other is that she sexually assaulted/harassed Michael Jackson, told the story herself as a joke, and got no backlash from it whatsoever. If a man had said he got a woman drunk to kiss her and potentially make other moves, broke into her bedroom, and exposed himself to her, his career would have been over. But because it's Madonna, it's just no big deal apparently :laughga:

• Like 7
  • Shook 1

Quentin
48 minutes ago, Lucas said:

where she said stupid stuff I gotta say

:triggered:

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
40 minutes ago, NATAH said:

think madonna had a bit of fun with it since she's an industry vet

I think this too, she has a very dry ironic sense of humour that most people don't understand. I think for example her performance of express yourself/born this way/she's not me was totally ironic - kind of parodying the kind of bitchiness the media are constantly pinning on women

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 2

CatelynnMarie
44 minutes ago, Chlorine Sevigny said:

There was no drama at the beginning, Madonna was a fan and even went to the Fame Ball with Lourdes.

i was semi here for this show (was outside the venue waiting in queue) ! that night, Gaga performed two shows back to back at terminal 5 in nyc. madonna and lourdes attended the first show (7 PM), while i and one of my best friends attended the 11 PM show! i remember how wild it was when we all found out madonna and lourdes were there. it felt so cool like, a legend noticing Gaga at that early in the game. it was said later that lourdes was interested in seeing Gaga and madonna went with her

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Decodekid
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Gaga was the “new Madonna,” per the media.

Everything she did was compared to Madonna.

They even said Perfect Illusion sounds like Papa Don’t Preach. :icant:

They are completely different artists tho. Only delusional Madonsters continue to think that, as they continue to run hate accounts from their retirement homes AKA PDLM.

ezgif-2-ec311f9697.thumb.gif.59e06e8c503

Thing is it was almost inevitable for a new artist to come up with a concept as revolutionary as Madonna, we were in a new decade with a bunch of upcoming acts, something big was going to happen, and it happened to be Gaga.

Coincidentally she made pop music, was high fashion and controversial, someone was gonna do that sooner or later. Today it isn't as shocking to see MPG do stuff like Gaga, if anything being over the top and crazy is kind of "normal" now

Edited by Decodekid
Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 1

lastpopicon

I honestly can't stand Madonna after she said that lady Gaga was reductive and all the shade she's thrown.

She just seems bitter. Gaga has nothing left to prove.

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Thanks 1

Anderson123

I think they started in good terms but then the Born This Way / Express Yourself comparisons kind of gave Madonna the idea of taking it a bit too "far" and just play with it. I Don't think she has ever felt "threatened" or that she copies her but more like taking it with some dark humor and play with people just to stir the pot. After the Oscars party it seemed like they're in great terms so I guess they were in touch behind the scenes and got along in the end.

• Like 1

olive specter
3 hours ago, Chlorine Sevigny said:

Everything changed with Born This Way though as people accused Gaga of ripping off Express Yourself. Gaga fibbed and said she had Madonna's blessing... (timestamped)

and what Gaga said was true, because in the leaked documents there was a part about Born This Way // Express Yourself

So either Madonna's label worked behind her back and didn't say anything about green lighting the whole thing, or she was aware of it and still shaded Gaga

3 hours ago, Raven Stone said:

Gaga was obviously referencing Madonna and even paying homage to her. For example, the final scene in BTW video. The Madonna teeth! This, to me, was such an obvious sign of respect, even or maybe especially because it was while all the comparisons had already started.

'Madonna's teeth' :fan:

It's Gaga's teeth, she had a gap too, but she wore braces to close it up

She probably made that scene to embrace what once made her insecure

She also says this in the Netflix documentary:

00:43

• Love 1

JoeCool

I love Madonna and will always find her a beautiful woman.  That being said it seemed a little hypocritical her sort of shading Gaga for Born This Way.  Express Yourself sounds a lot like the song below

Tyler1992
6 hours ago, Chlorine Sevigny said:

There was no drama at the beginning, Madonna was a fan and even went to the Fame Ball with Lourdes. They also had an appearance together on SNL poking fun at a "rivalry."

maxresdefault.jpg

Everything changed with Born This Way though as people accused Gaga of ripping off Express Yourself. Gaga fibbed and said she had Madonna's blessing... (timestamped)

Also Gaga thanked Whitney Houston that year at the Grammys for inspiring Born This Way instead of Madonna, which seemed deliberate given the comparisons taking place.  

Then Madonna said this now infamous and iconic comment which made the feud official:

After that Madonna did a mashup of Express Yourself / Born This Way / She's Not Me shading Gaga

Gaga talked about it in 5'2

And also with Zane Lowe

However, it's now widely accepted that Madonna and Gaga are on good terms: 

Lady-Gaga-Celebrates-Her-2019-Oscar-Win-

This is the definitive answer!

Gaga was a juggernaut in the pop music industry, resetting the status quo. She didn’t write the playbook, but took inspiration from all the giants before her, and made it her own (all artists do this).

Before Gaga there wasn’t a true
successor to Madonna’s throne. All were close, but lacked at least one potion that made Madonna THE queen. Madonna loves artists who are malleable to go lock step behind her, Britney, Christina, Katy, Nicki, etc. Gaga went much further than all of them.

Gagas inspiration and drive wasn’t just being an image of Madonna. Bowie, Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Whitney  Houston, Elton John, Celine Dion etc. 

• Love 2

Reality
7 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

Off topic but I’m also a fan from 2017 and I always think that I’m a new fan

2017 was 7 YEARS AGO:messga:

I've been a fan since 2013 and I still think I'm a new fan :giveup: Idk if it's just me, but for some reason I think TF-BTW = "old fan" and anyone from ARTPOP and beyond is a "new fan."

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

altern8version
7 hours ago, Gorehound said:

tbf don't most celebs dislike Madonna anyway? She certainly doesn't come across as a very nice person.

it’s wild- Cher has such a similar relationship with Madonna. many interviews where she’s saying Madonna is rude, or she doesn’t want to sing with her… but then they hang out here and there and talk. I don’t get it! haha 

• Like 1

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Reality said:

I've been a fan since 2013 and I still think I'm a new fan :giveup: Idk if it's just me, but for some reason I think TF-BTW = "old fan" and anyone from ARTPOP and beyond is a "new fan."

I see fans from The Fame -> ARTPOP as old fans and everyone after Joanne and especially A Star Is Born as new fans.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

Borisapillar
5 hours ago, olive specter said:

and what Gaga said was true, because in the leaked documents there was a part about Born This Way // Express Yourself

So either Madonna's label worked behind her back and didn't say anything about green lighting the whole thing, or she was aware of it and still shaded Gaga

Source?