❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
music news

Jennifer Lopez cancels "This Is Me... Live" tour

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Natalia Kills

I don't think she's that interesting to me personally, but I do feel sorry for her.

You're trying to get your career going up again (especially now she's in her mature years), and then a string of bad events happen like this.

Squidward T

I mean, it’s not 2001 anymore 

MadArchitect

if she needed time to be with family and children then why planning a whole tour? this explanation is bullshit and i dont see it as a 100% nessesary cancelation at all, this could've been avoided, even if its for low ticket sells, the lack of commitment is not doing her any favours...

Gaga2645

I feel bad for her but her career is also built on using someone else’s voice (a black woman) and passing it off as hers. Because of that already bad taste in people’s mouths, her reputation in her actions towards people over the course of YEARS has just not worked out in her favor. I do think she needs to take some TIME and really work on her artistic integrity before she comes back if anything idk

• Like 1

Future Lovers
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, swakby said:

maybe it’s just me but those sales don’t look bad at all to me

17 hours ago, dberrin said:

It’s honestly not that bad. A lot of Gaga shows during the artrave were 70 or 80% sold and not entirely sold out. It was not a flop. 
i remember going to the zenith show in Paris and it was not sold out despite having a capacity of only 7000 people. All the stadium shows of the artrave were like 40% sold out.

We should stop tearing down women and other singers.

17 hours ago, Chromatography said:

is 73% sold overall actually bad for concerts that far out still

17 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Only 54% in my city :air: 

I wonder what the break even point is for costs and ticket sales :air: 

The overall sell out rate isn't what's telling the real story here. 

1. The tour has been re-branded 3 different times (it began as an album tour, then became an album + hits tour, then changed to just a pure greatest hits tour) to try and entice more people to buy tickets but it did very little to improve the sales

2. The overall ticket sales (that 75%) is not the concern so much as the individual shows themselves. Many of them are not even hitting 80% sell out rates which is generally accepted as the point a show needs to get to in order to be considered a success (the point with which they can declare it "sold out")

3. Because some shows are selling so badly, they’d likely have to cancel them. By that point the tour would be doing such few shows in venues that themselves were not sold out just selling a little better that the money it would cost LiveNation to operate the tour daily and overall would likely come close to or exceed what the tour’s revenue would be daily or overall, making the entire tour a financial loss

4. It is cheaper for them to cancel now and refund the tickets and be left with only the debt of what they’ve invested so far rather than let the tour go on and add hundreds of millions of dollars to their existing investment in order to pay salaries, for travel, for accommodations, and all the other costs that go into running a tour. the chances of it turning a profit for LiveNation after all that is slim to none when not even a single show was sold out

Make no mistake, these sales were disastrous. Hearing 75% sold sounds good but when you really look at the overall distribution of those sales and see that it's skewed by a handful of shows performing well but many missing their mark by a lot, you see the real story. 

This is why it pays to watch the touring market and learn how it works. For those of us who're box office hawks and watch the ticket sales tracking, the cancellation of the tour was pretty inevitable. We were discussing this even as far back as the initial cancellation of the whole last almost 10 shows of the tour a few months back. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Thanks 3

AMRer

I guess this tour was too ambitious to start with. She is a legend but her peak happened long time ago... I don't think this is something to make fun of, she was a referent in my youth and I don't consider myself a fan but she will always have my respect

HIM820
Posted (edited)

I know people are clowning this, but with the black keys canceling their arena tour and now her, it’s not looking good for the market overall. Think JLo should have just done theaters or outside amphitheaters since it’s summer. 

I hope the best for Charli and Troye but it’s not looking like that tour will happen at this rate. 

Edited by HIM820

AMRer
22 hours ago, agentprovocate said:

kim kardashian GIF

Can I ask why she deserves this?

AMRer
20 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Jenny from the flop 

You feel better after this disgusting joke?

• LMAO 1

RAMROD
Just now, Nacchi said:

Can I ask why she deserves this?

- Known for being nasty to people who worked with her. The bag of bones been unearthed one by one lately.

- Making a career by stealing from Black women. Yes, plural

- A racist. Openly saying the N word in a song

- Lies a lot about her background & upbringing for sympathy

- Overall egocentric attitude 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Chromatography
56 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

The overall sell out rate isn't what's telling the real story here. 

1. The tour has been re-branded 3 different times (it began as an album tour, then became an album + hits tour, then changed to just a pure greatest hits tour) to try and entice more people to buy tickets but it did very little to improve the sales

2. The overall ticket sales (that 75%) is not the concern so much as the individual shows themselves. Many of them are not even hitting 80% sell out rates which is generally accepted as the point a show needs to get to in order to be considered a success (the point with which they can declare it "sold out")

3. Because some shows are selling so badly, they’d likely have to cancel them. By that point the tour would be doing such few shows in venues that themselves were not sold out just selling a little better that the money it would cost LiveNation to operate the tour daily and overall would likely come close to or exceed what the tour’s revenue would be daily or overall, making the entire tour a financial loss

4. It is cheaper for them to cancel now and refund the tickets and be left with only the debt of what they’ve invested so far rather than let the tour go on and add hundreds of millions of dollars to their existing investment in order to pay salaries, for travel, for accommodations, and all the other costs that go into running a tour. the chances of it turning a profit for LiveNation after all that is slim to none when not even a single show was sold out

Make no mistake, these sales were disastrous. Hearing 75% sold sounds good but when you really look at the overall distribution of those sales and see that it's skewed by a handful of shows performing well but many missing their mark by a lot, you see the real story. 

This is why it pays to watch the touring market and learn how it works. For those of us who're box office hawks and watch the ticket sales tracking, the cancellation of the tour was pretty inevitable. We were discussing this even as far back as the initial cancellation of the whole last almost 10 shows of the tour a few months back. 

interesting! thanks for the explanation. 

• Like 1

HelloHangoverz
39 minutes ago, Nacchi said:

You feel better after this disgusting joke?

X Factor Reaction GIF by Top Talent

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away

HIM820
9 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

- Known for being nasty to people who worked with her. The bag of bones been unearthed one by one lately.

- Making a career by stealing from Black women. Yes, plural

- A racist. Openly saying the N word in a song

- Lies a lot about her background & upbringing for sympathy

- Overall egocentric attitude 

If there weren’t other artists and celebs that were exactly the same then I’d understand this, but people cherry pick evidence and overlook it when it’s their fav being called out. 

Like the claims of her being nasty or a huge diva and then using someone like Mariah Carey as the opposite example. I’m a huge lamb and even I know people have had horrible run ins with her that make her out to be a horrible person. Her and JLo both had horrible press in the early 2000s that had claims of them being hard to work with. Same thing with artists like Taylor and Beyoncé, and how they have their teams kill any bad stories about them on TikTok before they go viral. I’ve met someone who has worked with Gaga and her team and unfortunately had only bad things to say. It upset me at the time but I barely think about it anymore. 

It’s completely fine if someone doesn’t like her, or any celeb, after they hear stories about them. But acting like this is all something JLo got caught for after “getting away” with it for 20+ years is stupid and shows a lack of knowledge. The viral video of her on set spitting out her gum and then the orange drink quote were the perfect examples of “evidence” (that actually prove nothing) being used to justify an opinion. Now it’s just rabid hate.

Ive seen people comparing her to Diddy which is really insane to me considering what he has done. 

misha4ever

This is the reaping times.

english is not my native language >.<

StrawberryBlond

I honestly feel sorry for her. Her personality, diva antics and shady behaviours are problematic but you can't deny she works hard, she never has a day off even though she could easily retire now. This has been a BAD year for her and we're only halfway through. Her first album in a decade flopped hard and was given a lukewarm critical reception, the accompanying music film flopped and its behind the scenes footage was mocked, her subsequent tour had cancellations and rebranded into a greatest hits tour, lots of people came out with many stories about her being a terrible person whose career is a sham, her latest movie was panned by critics and now she's had to cancel her entire tour, is rumoured to be in trouble with her Vegas contract all while dealing with reports that her fourth marriage to her rekindled love is over. Cancelling to "spend time with family" is kinda true. She's trying her save her marriage right now or trying to work out lawyers and division of assets. Hands down, this is one of the worst years I have ever seen a celebrity endure. A person who isn't as strong would've folded by now. I can't really add to the hate and humiliation. This is just sad.

I think she needs a better team around her. An arena tour of this magnitude should never have even been a consideration. She should have made it a greatest hits tour from the off, with her lead single from her new album thrown in. For USA, she just should have done a handful of dates in small arenas in the most obvious places where she'll get support - NY, Florida, Texas and Cali. And anyone else who wants to see her can go to her yet-to-be-announced Vegas residency dates. Then a few in Latin America like Mexico, Brazil and Puerto Rico because they like her there and then a handful in Europe in key cities like London, Paris, Barcelona and Milan. Then call it a day. Keep it small, keep the people wanting more.

She's a great performer, but clearly, there's not enough demand to see her outside of a televised event like the MTV awards or the Superbowl. She made a huge mistake not immediately touring after the Superbowl along with her career reinvigoration with Hustlers. Yes, the pandemic was right afterwards, but we didn't know that. Touring should've been top of her list. But she wanted to focus on movies and God knows what else.

I think she should just abandon music from here on out, honestly. Occasional medleys if the situation calls for it, but no more new music or tours. And for the love of all that is holy, take a break from that hectic career in order to nurture a relationship with no more divorces.