Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kelly Clarkson addresses her weight loss and Ozempic rumors

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TheEdgeof96
2 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

“It’s not ozempic, it’s something else” 

does she ever say what that “something else” is?

I understand she doesn’t owe anybody any explanation - but whenever celebrities are asked how they lost weight, they are always vague and not fully transparent . Again, they don’t owe us any explanation - but why bother giving any explanation at all then if you’re not gonna just tell us what the “something else” is 

unless I’m missing the part of the discussion where she doooes say what it is, in that case ignore this 

As someone who is taking a GLP-1 medication for weight loss, most of us don’t openly talk about it because of public stigma. A GLP-1 is part of what I am doing for weight loss, but I’m also heavily focused on a healthy diet and exercise as well. When you admit you’re taking a GLP-1, people often think the medication discredits/invalidates the work you’re putting into the weight loss.

I can understand why someone would say they’ve focused on diet and exercise—they aren’t lying in most cases. For me, the GLP-1 medication does work to an extent—but it mostly helps me to stay focused on my diet and exercise without the snack cravings and impulses I struggled with before. Taking a GLP-1 isn’t the magic weight loss solution people think it is unless you just stop eating almost entirely. 

As to your question “why bother giving any explanation”—because people keep bringing it up. If you’re fat, it’s a conversation. If you were fat and lose weight, it’s a conversation. If you’re fat and lose weight “too quickly”, it’s a conversation. If you lose weight and talk about exercise/diet, you’re accused of lying and it’s a conversation. If she talked about a specific medication, it’d be a conversation and she’d be accused of promoting drugs for cosmetic purposes (even though she’s talked about her weight loss being for health repeated issues). She’s damned if she does talk about it, damned if she doesn’t. Like literally what do you want from her.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

weed
42 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I spat and shitted :icant:

Here mama this might help the leakage

s864649013494642475_p317_i1_w600.jpeg

• LMAO 2

LG7 time now
2 hours ago, SharGaga said:

Didn't she say she was almost diabetec at one point and had no choice but to lose the weight? Good for her!

Those two things are not related lol

• LMAO 1

CoolTrainerTerry
1 minute ago, The Z said:

Losing weight is a good way to help someone who is prediabetic keep from becoming diabetic. 

"If you have prediabetes, losing a small amount of weight if you're overweight and getting regular physical activity can lower your risk for developing type 2 diabetes. A small amount of weight loss means around 5% to 7% of your body weight, just 10 to 14 pounds for a 200-pound person."

That's directly from the CDC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cameltoe Chariot

The backlash women get for losing weight never ceases to disappoint me.

Men are allowed to look at their bodies as machines, and purposely losing weight for either health or aesthetics is  a non-issue. But when women do the same, they're treated as if they're class traitors or something. Which I suspect is related to the years of "body positivity" being weaponized by some fat people to project their insecurities on others.

So much of fat activism is beyond f*cked - we should be celebrating all bodies, all sizes, and above all the FREEDOM to do whatever you want with YOUR OWN BODY which INCLUDES LOSING WEIGHT :iamfair:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LG7 time now
9 minutes ago, CoolTrainerTerry said:

Losing weight is a good way to help someone who is prediabetic keep from becoming diabetic. 

"If you have prediabetes, losing a small amount of weight if you're overweight and getting regular physical activity can lower your risk for developing type 2 diabetes. A small amount of weight loss means around 5% to 7% of your body weight, just 10 to 14 pounds for a 200-pound person."

That's directly from the CDC. 

Oops, my mistake, I didn’t know that

But I’m both underweight and diabetic so that’s why I wrote that :ladyhaha:

• Love 1

HotLikeMexico
2 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

Because she doesnt want others to take medicine, they didnt have the diseases for. 

if she says its pill abc, people will try it as well and might shouldnt. 

and if people wouldnt fatshame her for years, she probably wouldnt even feel the need to get thinner.

This is my issue with this Ozempic crazes. The people defending this saying people shouldn't be shamed for losing weight, yeah nobody should not be shamed for losing weight. However, my issues is taking medication from people who actually need it. There are people struggling to get their medication become of some rich asshole's vanity. It's incredibly ****ed up.

• Thanks 1

SharGaga
37 minutes ago, The Z said:

But it's exactly what she said sis. I had an overweight cousin who had high chances of being diabetic so he dropped the weight and is no longer at risk. Are you a doctor?

• Thanks 1

Nemo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chuck said:

Because it's probably hounding her, and just because she confirmed it wasn't ozempic doesn't mean we're entitled to know what the exact truth is.

It's showbiz lol. if someone confirms they're not dating x, that doesn't mean they have to say they're dating y.

I haven't asked, but would like to know... that's not about wanting to know intimate stuff about her, it's about seeing that it worked for her and wondering if it might work for me.

Edited by Nemo

doja scat

bruh it’s like women can NEVER win with yall. she gets attacked when she’s bigger, she gets made fun of and bullied for being skinny because people want to shame her for needing help to lose it. like what do people want from her?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

TheEdgeof96
2 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

This is my issue with this Ozempic crazes. The people defending this saying people shouldn't be shamed for losing weight, yeah nobody should not be shamed for losing weight. However, my issues is taking medication from people who actually need it. There are people struggling to get their medication become of some rich asshole's vanity. It's incredibly ****ed up.

Who are you to define “people who actually need it”? Yes, Ozempic (Semaglutide) and Mounjaro (Tirzepetide) are Type II diabetes medications, but Wegovy (Semaglutide) and Zepbound (Tirzepetide) are only approved for weight loss/obesity. Diabetes and Obesity have different medications so neither is preventing the other from receiving medication.

Before Wegovy and Zepbpund were available, yes, people were using Ozempic and Mounjaro for weight loss, but W/Z are now available, O/M are no longer the prescribed medications in the majority of cases. Current shortages are caused by the manufacturers: 1) refusing to sell medications on vials with syringes (like they do in certain markets) and failing to keep up production of their patented injection pens and 2) prioritizing production of starters doses of medication (2.5 mg Zepbound) to allow more people to start medication, but not production of higher doses. This is causing folks to start on low doses of Zepbound/Wegovy but not able to move forward to higher therapeutic doses and is preventing folks who were on higher doses (prior to shortage) from receiving their current dose so they either have to move to a lower dose or go so long without medication they’re forced to restart with low doses (and then can’t move back up to higher dose because of stock).

• Thanks 1

Gaga2645
Posted (edited)

As a fat who has had their weight fluctuate for years and is currently on a health journey myself and actively losing weight by taking healthier steps (have to disclose before some people get triggered by this response)

I will say a lot of fat people do wish to be able to lose weight. But what never ceases to amaze me is if someone is fat and happy and they’re going to their doctor and they’re still active and they’re relatively healthy but they don’t look skinny and they appear overweight I don’t see why it’s seen as “glorification” of obesity, and people seem to grow angry… Are there people who have unhealthy habits that cling to a body posi movement and use it as a crutch? Absolutely, and that’s with any progressive movement. You have people who use and abuse the movement. But I do think the Ozempic craze is kinda sh*tty to diabetics who need the medication having to suffer at the hands of a shortage due to the elite exercising their privileges. They have so many other avenues to lose weight easily without working for it they HAVE to use the avenue that’s a medication for diabetics? 
 There’s also nothing wrong with people who are losing weight. But to become passive aggressive to all the fats because some people are calling out she’s more than likely using Ozempic and trying to act like she’s not is a little telling as to what’s really goin’ on under the hood :ladyhaha:

Edited by Gaga2645

HelloHangoverz
5 hours ago, NATAH said:

probably just a PT and a good diet

this is it. it's easier to lose weight if you're rich

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Like 1

Lextyr97

Why tf does anyone care. Girl was fat shamed for so damn long. Let her be happy (if she is idk)

• Like 1

HotLikeMexico
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheEdgeof96 said:

Who are you to define “people who actually need it”? Yes, Ozempic (Semaglutide) and Mounjaro (Tirzepetide) are Type II diabetes medications, but Wegovy (Semaglutide) and Zepbound (Tirzepetide) are only approved for weight loss/obesity. Diabetes and Obesity have different medications so neither is preventing the other from receiving medication.

Before Wegovy and Zepbpund were available, yes, people were using Ozempic and Mounjaro for weight loss, but W/Z are now available, O/M are no longer the prescribed medications in the majority of cases. Current shortages are caused by the manufacturers: 1) refusing to sell medications on vials with syringes (like they do in certain markets) and failing to keep up production of their patented injection pens and 2) prioritizing production of starters doses of medication (2.5 mg Zepbound) to allow more people to start medication, but not production of higher doses. This is causing folks to start on low doses of Zepbound/Wegovy but not able to move forward to higher therapeutic doses and is preventing folks who were on higher doses (prior to shortage) from receiving their current dose so they either have to move to a lower dose or go so long without medication they’re forced to restart with low doses (and then can’t move back up to higher dose because of stock).

“Who are you to define “people who actually need it”?”- are you supposed to be the spokesperson?

I was specifically talking about Ozempic. There have been plenty of articles about these shortages affecting people with diabetes who can’t get their medication, and are still having issues getting it today. How is that not ****ed up?

Edited by HotLikeMexico
  • Thanks 1