event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
8 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Interesting how Switzerland kinda undeperformed with the public vote?

I do feel they lost votes when people saw Israel won Italy's televote in the 2nd semi. Everyone thought the only hope was Croatia and focused the vote on it, at least thats what people on my twitter did. Also having Joost out of the game helped Croatia 'cause Im sure Netherlands wouldve gotten the votes that went to Croatia.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 3

Ivannn
5 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

I do feel they lost votes when people saw Israel won Italy's televote in the 2nd semi. Everyone thought the only hope was Croatia and focused the vote on it, at least thats what people on my twitter did. Also having Joost out of the game helped Croatia 'cause Im sure Netherlands wouldve gotten the votes that went to Croatia.

Why completly shade Baby Lasagna? He did better than Joost in semi finals with votes and is only to expect it would also do the same in the finals. 
Also Nemo was never big with the audiences voting and that is a fact

• Like 1

HermioneT
23 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Interesting how Switzerland kinda undeperformed with the public vote? Because the song and the performance are objectively good.

I wonder if the fact they're non-binary contributed to that.

I would imagine that Eurovision audience is mostly LGBTQ+ friendly. Do straights actually watch it lol?

They do!:kiss:

If you have a look at straight Instagram's comment section under ESC/Nemo posts, you will realize why (don't go and look actually, it's just plain hate and disgust)

She / hers

Juanlittlem
7 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

Why completly shade Baby Lasagna? He did better than Joost in semi finals with votes and is only to expect it would also do the same in the finals. 
Also Nemo was never big with the audiences voting and that is a fact

Is not shade, just my opinion. You're missing the fact that Croatia was one of the biggest fan faves in that semi. He also didnt do better since he got 177 while Joost got 182.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 3

Ivannn
2 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Is not shade, just my opinion. You're missing the fact that Croatia was one of the biggest fan faves in that semi. He also didnt do better since he got 177 while Joost got 182.

Croatia was first in the their semi finals, Joost was not first in his semi finals, and Nemo was fourth

• Like 1

SwissMonster
37 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Interesting how Switzerland kinda undeperformed with the public vote? Because the song and the performance are objectively good.

I wonder if the fact they're non-binary contributed to that.

I would imagine that Eurovision audience is mostly LGBTQ+ friendly. Do straights actually watch it lol?

Well they didn’t underperform really. By the Odds they were expected to become 5th/4th in televote and I mean its still a very good placement!

But yes I do think that did them cost a better placement. Cause no I don’t think that the overall audience is specially LGBT friendly. I think thats the Eurovision fan bubble really. The contest is watched by about 170 million people. They for sure aren’t necessarily lgbt friendly and most of them for sure are straight

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999
  • Like 2

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

Croatia was first in the their semi finals, Joost was not first in his semi finals, and Nemo was fourth

Still, Joost got more points. Israel was 1st in the 2nd semi with +17 points than Croatia yet she lost to Croatia on the final. 

Croatia was the biggest fan fave in semi 1 while on the 2nd semi you had Israel (who we all expected to win that), Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece... that semi was a bloodbath imo

• Like 3

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, River said:

OMG THAT'S SO CUTE :giveup:

There is a house on the street with these creepy dolls and every night when I walk with my dog, I'm like so scared, the f-ckers moves them on purpose too I'm sure of it :air:

Wait do you actually live in Basel? :stupidoreo:

• LMAO 1

Okinawa
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dennis said:

So the government of Bern already rejected hosting?

No, that was just one person and neither the Grosse Berner Rat nor the Regierunsrat of Bern who collectively decide. (People here overdramaticize and distort facts) Bern is still in. But Bern is unlikely to host it because:

Basel and Zürich have better arenas (and SRF didn't contact Bern first). And Bern is only the fifth-largest city of Switzerland after it was being taken over by Lausanne and Ostermundigen refused to fusion with Bern. However, if Nemo advocates for Bern considering Biel is closest to Bern, things could change in Berns favor. Though, Nemo is now living in both Berlin (not Bern) and Zürich. Who knows whether he likes Zürich or Bern more.

2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Well I guess there is a reason why they didn’t show interest yet and others did?

Zürich and Basel are already in touch with SRF and in talks.

Zürich and Basel did NOT contact SRF because SRF contacted Zürich and Basel first.

So, it's true to say Zürich didn't request to be an ESC host city because technically SRF requested Zürich to be it. Same for Basel.

Geneva requested on its own to be a host city. But the fact that SRF didn't contact Geneva first, actually shows Geneva and Bern are unlikely to be it. (I mean, if SRF wanted Geneva or Bern to be it, it would have asked them. Geneva is like a boy who wants to date a girl who has no interest in him :huntyga: ):teehee:

https://www.20min.ch/story/bei-nemo-sieg-esc-in-der-schweiz-diese-standorte-kommen-infrage-103090945

"Gespräche mit Basel und Zürich

Auch Yves Schifferle, Delegationsleiter vom SRF, nennt diese Städte als potenzielle Austragungsorte.

So bestätigt Philipp Musshafen, Direktor des Hallenstadions Zürich, entsprechende Kontakte. Musshafen geht von sechs bis acht Wochen Miete für den ESC aus, was beim Hallenstadion nicht unmöglich sei, aber viel Koordination brauche.

St. Jakobshalle, Basel:

Auch die St. Jakobshalle in Basel ist im Rennen, wie Geschäftsführer Thomas Kastl zu 20 Minuten sagt. Die SRG habe die Verfügbarkeit geprüft."

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~
  • Like 1

bionic

Hearing how the EBU hands out press passes like candy makes me want to create a Eurovision vlog and get easy access next year :laughga: 

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
15 minutes ago, bionic said:

Hearing how the EBU hands out press passes like candy makes me want to create a Eurovision vlog and get easy access next year :laughga: 

Fr, like I know an Argentinian girl that has a Vocal Coach channel with 200k suscribers and got invited with a press pass, her videos get like 10-20k views:messga:

SwissMonster
40 minutes ago, Okinawa said:

St. Jakobshalle, Basel:

Auch die St. Jakobshalle in Basel ist im Rennen, wie Geschäftsführer Thomas Kastl zu 20 Minuten sagt. Die SRG habe die Verfügbarkeit geprüft."

Wait this sounds promising already :giveup:

• Like 1

Juanlittlem

Why did no one say anything about Finland?! I just saw his balls on my TL :messga:

• LMAO 1

plane jane
1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

Why did no one say anything about Finland?! I just saw his balls on my TL :messga:

i think @Pennywise actually mentioned that in the last thread. :traumatica:

• YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

bionic
42 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Fr, like I know an Argentinian girl that has a Vocal Coach channel with 200k suscribers and got invited with a press pass, her videos get like 10-20k views:messga:

fr how hard can it possibly be

buy bionic

• Dutch changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland