💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

Teletubby

Featured Posts

liamgaga

I don’t think she was ever going to live up to FN. I have a long drive today and I’m hoping to listen to it a few times to really give it some time.

Judging from these comments I think Ariana’s album is still going to be my album of the year so far. That took me a few listens but now supernatural has been my most streamed song of the year so far!! That album is perfect 

gabeoz
Posted (edited)

It’s a weird mix for me on this album/ I *adore* the singles, and think they were the best choices. But overall I feel the albums is a weird in between for her. It’s definitely a different sound, but she sticks to her same formula overall. It’s not hit after hit like FN was, and that’s okay. But it’s Indentifyingly Dua, with little space to work with. The thematics/lyrics of the album do show growth, but it doesn’t stray much from the past several years of her already relatively short career 

Edited by gabeoz
  • Like 1

Starmie25
12 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

short career 

Short? Bro she debuted in 2015 :poot:

gabeoz
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Short? Bro she debuted in 2015 :poot:

I mean in the spotlight lol, I know she did. But when she started to gain large amounts of fame. Even then it was a 4 year wait since FN

Edited by gabeoz
  • Shook 1

ElectricChapelR

I love the album! 

I think her "mistake" was releasing 3 singles before the album so now the album seems to short because most people are skipping the already released songs that were also the best ones. 

But if you listen to it from the start to the end, it's a very nice album, summerish, and nice vibes.

My top:

1. Houdini

2. Training Season

3. Watcha Doin

4. Falling Forever

5. Anything for Love

6. Illusion

7. These Walls

8. French Exit

9. Happy For You

10. End of an era

11. Maria

• Like 2

mrlemon

Love it, and love the live band sound!

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HookerDotGov

Shared my thoughts elsewhere, but wanted to put them here as well:

I honestly really like the album, while not really anticipating it all that much. I went out and bought the lenticular sleeve CD too cause I think the packaging is really great. Actually, her album packaging for the CD reminds me a lot of the late 90s/early 00s and I think that's intentional. The critique that "these are Future Nostalgia leftovers" and that "it all sounds the same" is lazy. Disco as a genre has range, has existed for decades and evolved, and I think Future Nostalgia and Radical Optimism pull from different eras of the genre. I mean, I'd hate to see if Twitter and social media existed when Kylie went from Light Years to Fever (two disco-inspired albums that pull from very different inspirations within the genre). 

I actually really love the light, summery aesthetic (visually and sonically) of Radical Optimism. It's a lot more "airy" than Future Nostalgia which was quite commanding. I understand why it may be a let down for people who loved her work on FN, because just sonically it isn't as bold, but I also don't think RO is some step back or downgrade. I think she's just in her third album "we're gonna beat on her" era (cause I'm sorry, the hate train is kind of bizarre), I think she's not promoting it as strenuously as her last album, and I think having her dad as a manger doesn't do her favors. I think this is one of those album that in five years everyone will look at and say "why did we let this flop" and "why did people hate on this" and whatever revisionary retrospective people like to cyclically do...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Juanjo

I was so excited for this album. :franminervini: 
It is cute, but it feels very uninspired. Cute as background work music, though. 

Anderson123
On 5/4/2024 at 6:21 AM, ElectricChapelR said:

I love the album! 

I think her "mistake" was releasing 3 singles before the album so now the album seems to short because most people are skipping the already released songs that were also the best ones. 

But if you listen to it from the start to the end, it's a very nice album, summerish, and nice vibes.

My top:

1. Houdini

2. Training Season

3. Watcha Doin

4. Falling Forever

5. Anything for Love

6. Illusion

7. These Walls

8. French Exit

9. Happy For You

10. End of an era

11. Maria

True! For an album with 11 tracks I wish she'd have released Houdini as the only single and just let the rest for album release like Ariana or even Billie with no singles at all. I think a 1 month space between Houdini and Radical Optimism would've catched people's attention a bit more than way back in Oct/Nov when Dance The Night was still playing everywhere.

It is what it is and the album is here with 3 music videos which is still fine for an artist like Dua. From what I've noticed, most people here are having trouble with the music itself not the era so whatever she did, the final product is just not what was expected.

• Thanks 1

ElectricChapelR
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

True! For an album with 11 tracks I wish she'd have released Houdini as the only single and just let the rest for album release like Ariana or even Billie with no singles at all. I think a 1 month space between Houdini and Radical Optimism would've catched people's attention a bit more than way back in Oct/Nov when Dance The Night was still playing everywhere.

It is what it is and the album is here with 3 music videos which is still fine for an artist like Dua. From what I've noticed, most people here are having trouble with the music itself not the era so whatever she did, the final product is just not what was expected.

Yeah... Anyway, this album is amazing and it's getting better and better.

Happy for you is my new favorite ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

tyler k
2 minutes ago, ElectricChapelR said:

right? the whole thing is such a grower

End of Era & These Walls were my immediate faves but Ive been coming back to Anything for Love & Happy for You now!! :)

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

ElectricChapelR
5 minutes ago, tyler k said:

right? the whole thing is such a grower

End of Era & These Walls were my immediate faves but Ive been coming back to Anything for Love & Happy for You now!! :)

There was hardwork for this album, she sounds amazing and I think they really found a sound that is kinda close to her style but actually different. It's a team work and they nailed it.

It's so frustrating to see people posting bad reviews of the album after one listen just for the sake of attention and catching the moment.

Go Dua!

• Love 1

TortureMeOnReplay

I wanna buy the vinyl but I feel like she'll release a deluxe at some point with more tracks. 

weed

I finally heard it through and it's okay... 

maybe like half the songs are good

Anderson123
1 hour ago, ElectricChapelR said:

Yes I’m also enjoying this album so much from start to finish. I might get the cobalt vinyl, it looks gorgeous !

• Love 2