question

Worst Gaga Lyric?

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

River
Just now, PartySick said:

Three times (DC, LA, Miami) but that proves nothing :partysick:

for me it does :traumatica:

I'm out of arguments, so consider me as the winner, you like chromatica and it's her best album. Joanne is also nice I give u that

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 2

Head Empty
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

The pink hat slander is too much on this cult site

crowd riot GIF

Literally my favorite album and it's all because it tracks through the one sentiment that "pain changes who you are" :bradley:

I wrote a whole damn thesis on it don't make me share it here :grr:

If you literally have an analysis about it I'd love to read it though. I simply don't believe the Joanne "persona" that she created for the album, so all of the songs on the album feel inauthentic to me. 

Which is also why I'll defend Chromatica. It's not perfect, but it represents her lived experience well. It's also consistent with what we know of Gaga through the years, which helps it feeling more authentic than Joanne. And when that album shines, it shines very brightly. Replay and 911 are perfect to me for various reasons, but I don't think I'll be able to convince you of that :artdoll2:

And I think both albums have some flawed production at times, with Joanne lacking proper direction and Chromatica relying too much on lackluster instrumental hooks.

Gorehound
3 minutes ago, palma said:

I get a massive urge to skip the entire Chromatica album when she sings "you love the paparazzi love the fame, even though you know it causes me pain" :koons:

I really don't like it when she gets in that "fame is prison" mindset - she sounds so out of touch. yikes :awkney:

Ye I rly hate it when incredibly wealthy and famous celebrities complain about how horrible it is to be famous. Everyone has a right to struggles, sure, but how do they expect the average Joe to take that? Who has to work almost every day their entire life in a job they don't like to be able to afford the bare minimums in life? Sorry but no sympathy there. You wanted to be famous, well there you go. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 3

Red
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Love Sinner's Prayer so much.

That stoic, apathetic post-trauma feeling? The thousand yard stare she conveys in her vocals. And the only thing that shakes her out of it is seeing herself in somebody else (her sister), finally getting that outside perspective she needed to let go and truly begin healing.

But also yeah, that lyric would have been better if it went "wish I had the faith / but I doooooon't"

She probably felt the same, but then it doesn't flow as well into the final chorus imo. So she added "know" just to bridge the two. Which, I guess, sprinkles in some uncertainty.

That line sounds like a placeholder lyric she forgot to change before sending the song to the label :franminervini:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 1

Nite
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

"I want your stupid love-love, huh huh huh huh, huh huh huh.."

I will hate this song 'til the end of my days :awkney:

Wait I always thought SL was so clever bc she often makes it sound like "I want just to be loved" Is that not a thing that was intentional? :alsemanche:

• Thanks 1

Red
4 minutes ago, Nite said:

Wait I always thought SL was so clever bc she often makes it sound like "I want just to be loved" Is that not a thing that was intentional? :alsemanche:

It's head canon, something we all assumed but Gaga never really said "'I want your stupid love' is a word play with 'I want just to be loved'" 

• Shook 1

PartySick
9 minutes ago, palma said:

I get a massive urge to skip the entire Chromatica album when she sings "you love the paparazzi love the fame, even though you know it causes me pain" :koons:

I really don't like it when she gets in that "fame is prison" mindset - she sounds so out of touch. yikes :awkney:

I don't think that lyric was meant to be straight up "fame is a prison" (even though she definitely, and rightfully, believes that). It's more a dig to somebody specific that uses her name for their own gain, which is what that whole song is about :lolly:

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁
  • Like 4

Gorehound
6 minutes ago, Nite said:

I always thought she was saying "I want your stroganoff" 

but guess my attention had pretty much ended by that point and I was hungry.

I'm fine, Ta
  • LMAO 2

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

If you literally have an analysis about it I'd love to read it though. I simply don't believe the Joanne "persona" that she created for the album, so all of the songs on the album feel inauthentic to me. 

Which is also why I'll defend Chromatica. It's not perfect, but it represents her lived experience well. It's also consistent with what we know of Gaga through the years, which helps it feeling more authentic than Joanne. And when that album shines, it shines very brightly. Replay and 911 are perfect to me for various reasons, but I don't think I'll be able to convince you of that :artdoll2:

And I think both albums have some flawed production at times, with Joanne lacking proper direction and Chromatica relying too much on lackluster instrumental hooks.

Blah, it sits in my notes app in the draft phase :ladyhaha:

But basically, my take on Joanne is a narrative from beginning to end based on what she said at the JWT about not knowing her real dad because the pain of losing Joanne changed him so deeply he became a different person.

It starts with a painful experience (Diamond Heart) and she goes through different stages of grief and coping.

Denial (A-Yo), Bargaining (Joanne), self destruction and addiction (John Wayne), self indulgence and medication (Dancin' in Circles), anger (Perfect Illusion), Depression (Million Reasons), and apathy (Sinner's Prayer).

Before finding support and being supportive of others (Come to Mama, Hey Girl), even as pain continues to come (Angel Down). She has healthier ways of coping and a support system (Grigio Girls).

Then by the last song (Just Another Day) she's a healthier person that can take life as it comes and not be demolished by it.

The whole project resonates with me so deeply :bradley:

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

NCgaga

“I know mom and dad think I’m a mess, but it’s alright, I am rich as pissssssssssssssss.” 

I have hated this forever. 

• Thanks 1

skedaddleBItCh

**** this thread tbh

yall either take chromatica lyrics way too seriously or intentionally have the message fly over your head, there's nothing in between ☠️ like yall asking why theres tsunami on rain on me like seriously... overhated album lmao

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, Poltergeist said:

I'm not nothing unless I know I can.

So... If you know you can, you're nothing? :triggered:

Someone else prob interpreted it already but I ain’t searching for it lol but to me it’s like 

she is still a valuable human even when feeling unsure of herself 

Red
24 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

"I want your stroganoff" 

Iconic :firega:

• Like 1

LostBoyfriend
2 hours ago, Ivy said:

Rain on me, tsunami

I hear the thunder coming down

But that's the point of it all.

She goes from small to big, rain < tsunami. So life can either rain a little bit on me or just flat out send me a tsunami and almost drown but at the end of the day I'm still alive.

I actually love that lyric, as simple as it is it conveys a lot of emotion/inspiration 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

TimotheeChalamet
42 minutes ago, Nite said:

No lol 

It wasn't intentional, just made up by some bored fans who think everything she sings is cryptic

• Thanks 1