question

Worst Gaga Lyric?

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

Head Empty
52 minutes ago, The Fame said:

"same DNA, but born this way"

Ā 

We all have a unique genome, which is literally what makes us each different and special. We dont have the same DNA. This lyric always drives me nuts because its so glaringly inaccurateĀ :smh:

50 minutes ago, River said:

It's more a religious thing, like we all came from adam and eveĀ  :emma:

46 minutes ago, PMM said:

what River said but also you can say that we are all in this earth, humans animals etc. we all have different sex preferences, why you need tear somebody, you were born this way.Ā 

But you are the fame so i don' think you know what i meanĀ 

I always thought that part of the song refers to the idea of rebirth that she also explores in the music video. How you can change, evolve and don't have to stick to one preconceived identity. So more literally: "My DNA hasn't changed, but I now choose to identify differently".

Edit: alternatively it could be seen as a way to break away from your parents. You might have their DNA, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with them, for example when LGBTQ+ kids break away from conservative parents.

Edited by Head Empty
  • Like 1

PartySick
20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

"I want your stupid love-love, huh huh huh huh, huh huh huh.."

I will hate this song 'til the end of my daysĀ :awkney:

Ā 

18 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Rain on me, tsunami

I hear the thunder coming down

Because tsunami is not rain, and thunder doesn't come down..was she thinking about lighting? It always bothers meĀ :franminervini:

Ā 

I'm not nothing unless I know I canĀ 

I don't care what y'all say it doesn't make senseĀ :crossed:Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Poltergeist said:

I'm not nothing unless I know I can.

So... If you know you can, you're nothing?Ā :triggered:

Let's be real...Chromatica is her weakest album lyrically and most basic sonically :messga:

A homo in eco-friendly packaging šŸŽ
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Gorehound
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Ā 

Ā 

Let's be real...Chromatica is her weakest album lyrically and most basic sonically :messga:

Ā 

Agreed. Tho there are a couple of strong lyrics like the verses in 911. They're pretty poetic

Ā 

(I remember reading a review of the album and it said that they felt Gaga sounded bored on the album and I totally get what they mean. You can tell that she rly lacked inspiration and passion for the project)

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 5

PartySick
1 minute ago, Gorehound said:

Ā 

Agreed. Tho there are a couple of strong lyrics like the verses is 911. They're pretty poetic

Ā 

The verses and delivery on 911 are some of her best :firega:

Shame it doesn't have a real chorus or bridge and its production is two dimensionalĀ :messga:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Pennywise
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Ā 

Ā 

Let's be real...Joanne AND Chromatica are her weakest albums lyrically and most basic sonically :messga:

So true bestieĀ :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Gorehound
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The verses and delivery on 911 are some of her best :firega:

Shame it doesn't have a real chorus or bridge and its production is two dimensionalĀ :messga:

100%. The instrumental is too cartoonish and bland for such a deep topic, and ye the song definitely deserved a Judas-level chorus.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 2

Gorehound
4 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I'm not a fan of Joanne at all but I wouldn't say it's lyrically weak

I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 2

Head Empty

They're not bad by themselves, but girl is really showing some range with lyrics like:

ā€¢Ā  I want your love

ā€¢Ā  I'm still in love with Judas

ā€¢Ā  I wonder if this could be love

ā€¢Ā  It wasn't love

ā€¢Ā  I don't know what love is

ā€¢Ā  I'll never love again

ā€¢Ā  I want your stupid love

ā€¢Ā  We could be lovers

:air:

Edited by Head Empty
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 10

Gorehound
2 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

They're not bad by themselves, but girl is really showing some range with lyrics like:

ā€¢Ā  I want your love

ā€¢Ā  I'm still in love with Judas

ā€¢Ā  I wonder if this could be love

ā€¢Ā  It wasn't love

ā€¢Ā  I don't know what love is

ā€¢Ā  I'll never love again

ā€¢Ā  I want your stupid love

ā€¢Ā  We could be lovers

:air:

Nah we stan a hopeless romantic

I'm fine, Ta
  • Love 3

PartySick
Just now, Pennywise said:

Joanne works being toned down thanks to its analog yet still interesting production and the story the entire project tells about pain, coping, growing, changing, and healing. It's a body of work I feel stimulated by and that I enjoy returning to constantlyĀ :anveeroy:

Chromatica is stripped of most metaphors and allusions in favor of wordplay that doesn't always work and straightforward delivery that leaves next to nothing to ponder or think about. And Bloodpop's production is beyond boring and flat, saved only by random sounds like the distorted guitar on ROM or the Diana sample in Replay.

Literally my least favorite album, I don't think I'd care if any song from it made it into future shows :madge:

3 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

100%. The instrumental is too cartoonish and bland for such a deep topic, and ye the song definitely deserved a Judas-level chorus.

She should have continued developing that demo bridge into something great.

"I can't relate to your mind tonight (need a 911 can you patch the line?) / I'm out of space and I'm out of time (need a 911 can you patch the line?)"

Something that gets more frantic and continues drawing a parallel between her anxiety/depression crazed mind and a healthy one.

Continue that with two more lines to make a fully fleshed bridge then turn the "my biggest enemy is me, pop a 911" bit into a post chorus (ala "p-p-p poker face") that brings us down from a bomb chorus and 911 would be among her best.

But we've seen how gutted they made these songs when you compare the demos we have to the final products.

God, poor Alice doesn't even have a single full verse :smh:

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

olive specter

"love it when you call me legs in the morning buy me eggs" is iconic

better then the whole chromatica

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

We could be lovers

I do have a soft spot for Enigma though :flutter:

It's lyrics are off the wall and the production isn't crazy enough for a song with that title but idk. Ever since I saw it live, it's been one of my favorites.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

olive specter
1 hour ago, The Fame said:

"same DNA, but born this way"

Ā 

We all have a unique genome, which is literally what makes us each different and special. We dont have the same DNA. This lyric always drives me nuts because its so glaringly inaccurateĀ :smh:

as others said

this is not about everyone having the same DNA

her whole thing with born this way was the concept that birth is not finite, but infinite

and you can be reborn as what you want to be at any point in time

Edited by olive specter
  • Love 1

Gorehound
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Chromatica is stripped of most metaphors and allusions in favor of wordplay that doesn't always work and straightforward delivery that leaves next to nothing to ponder or think about. And Bloodpop's production is beyond boring and flat, saved only by random sounds like the distorted guitar on ROM or the Diana sample in Replay.

Literally my least favorite album, I don't think I'd care if any song from it made it into future shows :madge:

She should have continued developing that demo bridge into something great.

"I can't relate to your mind tonight (need a 911 can you patch the line?) / I'm out of space and I'm out of time (need a 911 can you patch the line?)"

Something that gets more frantic and continues drawing a parallel between her anxiety/depression crazed mind and a healthy one.

Continue that with two more lines to make a fully fleshed bridge then turn the "my biggest enemy is me, pop a 911" bit into a post chorus (ala "p-p-p poker face") that brings us down from a bomb chorus and 911 would be among her best.

But we've seen how gutted they made these songs when you compare the demos we have to the final products.

God, poor Alice doesn't even have a single full verse :smh:

Ā 

Ye that would've been rly cool.Ā 

It's such a shame that she didn't go more experimental on Chromatica. Like 911 would've been cool if it gradually built in intensity more and more as the song progressed and ended up with it completely burning itself out, like a panic attack or psychotic episode. Instead the "bridge" doesn't build much tension at all and the final chorus is very anticlimactic and the post chorus is just flat and boring. (Unlike Replay where this is actually done well).

This is a criticism on many of the songs on the album.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Z

Most of Chromatica OMG, like did they not read the lyrics?

Ā 

ā€œGotta quit this crying, nobodyā€™s gonna heal me if I donā€™t open the doorā€Ā :toofunny:

ā€œCould this love protect me from the pain? I would battle for you even if we break in twoā€Ā :trollga:

ā€œI didnā€™t ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good timeā€Ā :icega:

ā€œAt least I showed up, you showed me nothing at allā€Ā :huntyga:

ā€œThis is my dancefloor I fought forā€Ā :interestinga:

ā€œIā€™m not nothing unless I know I canā€Ā :koons:

ā€œYou love the paparazzi, love the fame, even though it causes me painā€Ā :lmao:

ā€œWhat happens now? Iā€™m not okay and if I scream, you walk awayā€Ā :laughga:

ā€œif you give me time, then I could make time for your loveā€Ā :stupidoreo:

ā€œOpen-minded, Iā€™m so blinded, mistery man, woman phantomā€Ā :deadbanana:

ā€œIā€™m completely numb, why you acting dumb?ā€:excuseu:

Even 12-year-old me wouldnā€™t have left lyrics like thatĀ :traumatica:

I do love Babylon and ROMā€™s bridgeā€™s lyrics cause theyā€™re obviously camp, but the restā€¦

Edited by The Z
  • Like 4
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 5