💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Worst Gaga Lyric?

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

Sherry

Walk down the runway but don’t puke; (it’s okay)

you just had a salad today; 

:cryga::stupidoreo::deadbanana:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚
  • LMAO 2

DitaDolla
2 minutes ago, Sherry said:

Walk down the runway but don’t puke; (it’s okay)

you just had a salad today; 

:cryga::stupidoreo::deadbanana:

boulangerie:stalkga:

She is winning again…. somehow she always stays here. I can’t stand it.
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Schwerk
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

Love Sinner's Prayer so much.

That stoic, apathetic post-trauma feeling? The thousand yard stare she conveys in her vocals. And the only thing that shakes her out of it is seeing herself in somebody else (her sister), finally getting that outside perspective she needed to let go and truly begin healing.

Interesting take. I always imagined by baby sister she meant her younger self. 

Man I love that song, hope to hear her sing it live someday.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

PartySick
20 minutes ago, Schwerk said:

Interesting take. I always imagined by baby sister she meant her younger self. 

Man I love that song, hope to hear her sing it live someday.

It could be, actually!

The whole album deals with that same theme of watching herself grow and evolve through experiences so your explanation makes more sense than mine :golfclap:

• Love 1

Dancing Shadow
11 hours ago, River said:

Young white republican

Lookin' to be somethin'

Out of school go-go'n

:air:

One, five, ten, pee on me
Before the end of this song

:messga:

The Trump mistress song is the biggest wtf moment out of Joanne and it's the FIRST song:air:

oh my god imagine a new fan sees ur comment and takes it seriously-:cryga:

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

StrawberryBlond

I was going to quote a few of you then this thread got too long and I can't be bothered. :deadbanana: The beauty of Gaga's music is, even when she makes a cringey lyric or two, they still work with the song in context, it's all about the bigger picture. Saying that, here's some that haven't been mentioned yet...

"Shadow is burnt, yellow dance and we turn." - Still can't figure it out after all these years. My only explanation - drugs.

"Skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic." - Something about how Luc proposed to her in the attacks and he had tattoos of skeletons and guns? Even with potential context, it's just so random.

"Neptune...go! Now serve Pluto! Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, Uranus...don't you know my ass is famous?" - I know, it's a legendary line in our fandom but that line and the whole song is just very silly to me in retrospect, 11 years later.

"Love me. love me, please retweet." - Really don't like it when artists call out companies in lyrics, in case they become uncool or go bust. It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You retweet a tweet, not love. Just an example of Gaga trying to be with the times and reference something really popular and it backfired. 

"Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's ok. You just had a salad today, boulangerie." - She says the word like it means "sweetie" or "darling." It's a delicatessen. Makes no sense.

"When I ignite the flame and put you in my mouth, the grass heats up my insides and my brunette starts to sprout." - I like the song but this line always makes me laugh with how ludicrous it is. 

And I do like AP, I do, but she was on so much weed when she made that album and under a lot of stress so it wasn't going to come out perfect.

Scar97
11 hours ago, Ivy said:

Rain on me, tsunami

I hear the thunder coming down

Because tsunami is not rain, and thunder doesn't come down..was she thinking about lighting? It always bothers me :franminervini:

I'm not nothing unless I know I can 

I don't care what y'all say it doesn't make sense :crossed: 

THANK YOU. Worst lyric in an otherwise flawless song 

• Like 2

Helxig

For me it's any lyrics that are literal and descriptive. It's so boring. The fun thing about music as an art is the poetry behind it, the metaphors, the creative writing. When it's just "I did this" "they did that" "I want to do this" "this happened to me" "it felt like this" I get bored

(and don't crucify me but I feel like a lot of her recent writing is more like this than her old stuff. Like I feel like she doesn't think creatively like she used to? Or doesn't care anymore)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2

Dancing Shadow
12 hours ago, palma said:

I really don't like it when she gets in that "fame is prison" mindset - she sounds so out of touch. yikes :awkney:

would you want people following you around everywhere for years? for a long time she couldnt even go to a grocery store without her presence causing a traffic block 

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"
  • Like 1

RAYA.core

If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still

When i sing it i say 'driveway' , id forever be still- like a car parked but that one im contributing to put lol

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

SpadesToStart

The way this thread is filled with some of my favorite Gaga lyrics :rip:

I’ll see myself out :bye:

• Love 1

Controversiaga

“Some of us just like to read”

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

InsomniaMonster69
On 4/25/2024 at 10:41 PM, DitaDolla said:

boulangerie:stalkga:

I always wondered why she randomly says 'bakery':ladyhaha:

GagaGame
On 4/25/2024 at 7:33 PM, HelloHangoverz said:

I feel like I need to do a thread explaining why it's her best album or something

You should. I'd love to read it :heart:

I could be your mustang for the weekend

On 4/25/2024 at 4:40 AM, The Fame said:

"same DNA, but born this way"

We all have a unique genome, which is literally what makes us each different and special. We dont have the same DNA. This lyric always drives me nuts because its so glaringly inaccurate :smh:

It’s called the human genome for a reason, it’s unique to humans. That doesn’t mean there isn’t variation within that group… lol