Featured Posts

The Z
15 minutes ago, olive specter said:

"love it when you call me legs in the morning buy me eggs" is iconic

better then the whole chromatica

Exactly what I was thinking lmaoooo

PartySick
36 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

I always thought that part of the song refers to the idea of rebirth that she also explores in the music video. How you can change, evolve and don't have to stick to one preconceived identity. So more literally: "My DNA hasn't changed, but I now choose to identify differently".

Edit: alternatively it could be seen as a way to break away from your parents. You might have their DNA, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with them, for example when LGBTQ+ kids break away from conservative parents.

7 minutes ago, olive specter said:

as others said

this is not about everyone having the same DNA

her whole thing with born this way was the concept that birth is not finite, but infinite

and you can be reborn as what you want to be at any point in time

Y'all are way overthinking this. It's literally "I'm different (born this way) but I'm human just like you (same DNA)"

At best, it's a cute little sentiment about people dehumanizing queer folks but even then, I don't think it's that deep. Ironically :spin:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Thanks 3

The Z
1 hour ago, The Fame said:

"same DNA, but born this way"

We all have a unique genome, which is literally what makes us each different and special. We dont have the same DNA. This lyric always drives me nuts because its so glaringly inaccurate :smh:

I think it means that when we change as a person, we still have the same DNA :ladyhaha: what I don’t understand is the “BUT born this way”

Gorehound

you guys are still talking about the DNA lyric :laughga:

I'm fine, Ta
  • LMAO 5

olive specter
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Y'all are way overthinking this. It's literally "I'm different (born this way) but I'm human just like you (same DNA)"

At best, it's a cute little sentiment about people dehumanizing queer folks but even then, I don't think it's that deep. Ironically :spin:

she was talking about the concept of birth being infinite the whole time, music, videos, interviews

it's even in the monolog in the born this way video

also, what you said about "im human, the same dna" is exactly the problem the person has with the lyric

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Argentum

Leather and jeans, garage glamorous
Not sure what it means

Not sure what it means —

image-asset.jpeg

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016
  • LMAO 10

PartySick
7 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

Ye that would've been rly cool. 

It's such a shame that she didn't go more experimental on Chromatica. Like 911 would've been cool if it gradually built in intensity more and more as the song progressed and ended up with it completely burning itself out, like a panic attack or psychotic episode. Instead the "bridge" doesn't build much tension at all and the final chorus is very anticlimactic and the post chorus is just flat and boring. (Unlike Replay where this is actually done well).

This is a criticism on many of the songs on the album.

Hell, ARTPOP recycled a good 25% of its production from former projects and it managed to tell a better story with its structure and sound than Chromatica :messga:

I feel like Chromatica was built kinda like...

Bloodpop: *opens sample bank, copies and pastes the same kicks, snares, bass, and synths into every song*

Gaga: "Hey Blood, I was thinking of making a song that had 30 different words in it. Maybe something with two verses and an actual chorus?"

Bloodpop: "Don't you dare, bitch. Every song needs to be in and out before you can cook pizza rolls in the microwave"

Gaga: "Ok bet. Can we keep these unique sounds for Free Woman? I really love the distorted vocals used as a melody. These wood block sounds on the hook are great flavor, even if they are simple. And I really love-"

Bloodpop: "Best I can do is an anemic beat, no unique sounds, and an unnecessary dance break instead of the other half of the song layered with piano1.exe"

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

PartySick
2 minutes ago, olive specter said:

also, what you said about "im human, the same dna" is exactly the problem the person has with the lyric

She's not saying it literally, "same DNA" just sounds better and conveys the same artistic message :messga:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Thanks 1

Head Empty
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Most songs / lyrics / metaphors on Born This Way were written to be interpreted in various ways, so I wouldn't consider it overthinking.

Edited by Head Empty
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Head Empty said:

Most songs / lyrics / metaphors on Born This Way were written to be interpreted in various ways, so I wouldn't consider it overthinking.

I don't think that lyric specifically was meant to send you on a tangent about rebirth and existence but also, earlier in this thread I connected "slap honey on a young pancake" to being genuine in a fake ass world so who tf am I to speak :vegas:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • LMAO 3

AndiGaga
1 hour ago, Gorehound said:

I just wanna be free, I just wanna be me, and I want lost of friends that'll invite me to their parties :alsemanche:

I love those lyrics, they are SO reletable

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Head Empty
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I don't think that lyric specifically was meant to send you on a tangent about rebirth and existence but also, earlier in this thread I connected "slap honey on a young pancake" to being genuine in a fake ass world so who tf am I to speak :vegas:

Considering the fact that rebirth is one of the main themes of the era (as well as the following era), it doesn't seem that far-fetched.

(just FYI, my LMAO reaction is directed towards your pancake remark, I'm taking your posts seriously :rip:)

(except for your posts defending Joanne, I'm having a hard time with those :ororomunroe:)

• Like 1

olive specter
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

She's not saying it literally, "same DNA" just sounds better and conveys the same artistic message :messga:

please don't make me search through interviews to proof that i'm right :messga:

8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Bloodpop: "Best I can do is an anemic beat, no unique sounds, and an unnecessary dance break instead of the other half of the song layered with piano1.exe"

worst thing about chromatica is the fact that there was a different album already made, but she scrapped it because bloodpop told her it was ****

like... if you're starting over at least try to make it good

• Shook 1

River
59 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Let's be real...Chromatica is her weakest album lyrically and most basic sonically :messga:

I'll re-mod u for that

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
Just now, Head Empty said:

Considering the fact that rebirth is one of the main themes of the era (as well as the following era), it doesn't seem that far-fetched.

(just FYI, my LMAO reaction is directed towards your pancake remark, I'm taking your posts seriously :rip:)

(except for your posts defending Joanne, I'm having a hard time with those :ororomunroe:)

The pink hat slander is too much on this cult site

crowd riot GIF

Literally my favorite album and it's all because it tracks through the one sentiment that "pain changes who you are" :bradley:

I wrote a whole damn thesis on it don't make me share it here :grr:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 1