💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is being an actor easier than a singer?

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

I mean in Hollywood as a famous one, they seem to have much easier relation with fame and fans :shrug: what do you think?

they are not close to the people, therefore they don’t get asked endlessly about their personal lives instead of what they are promoting

Most of them don’t have any social media accounts, and their fame doesn’t seem affected by it

they don’t have to create anything from their head, they just learn lines and enter in character 

they don’t have to be promoting as much as a musician, it’s just the Promo tour for the movie and if it gets awards got to awards season

shooting a movie consist in prob 3 months average while a musician works months to record an album, weeks to shoot videos, weeks of rehearsals and months of preparing and carrying out the tour 

again not sharing their lives in their work meaning no obsession with their personal lives and no obsessive fans who think they saved their lives 

• Like 1

Radio Ga Ga

Yes to all of that

One more thing to add:

They generally have a better time staying relevant for longer. In music, you get older then people stop listening to your music because most of the money comes from younger people and you have to connect with young people to stay relevant

But in film, there will still be plenty of roles to cast in when you get older because you need old people in movies otherwise the movie is not realistic lol

theres still a decline in demand for older actors but not as steep as musicians

ALGAYDO

Yes and no. Depends on the actor/artist. A lot of newer artists aren’t really talented, they’re just baby actors playing with music. A lot of newer actors can’t really encapsulate a character and force emotion, they’re just models reciting lines. Then there’s talented artists and talented actors. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. Also, artists have the opportunity to make a lot more money than actors, and vice versa. I feel like in this day-in-age, they can equally hard/easy, depending on what type of artist/actor you are. 

• Like 1

River

It depends on the person tbh, pour example:

1. J. "Jennifer Lopez" Lo -  fails as a singer, an artist and actress.

2. KJ Apa -  a good average singer, not an artist, but bad actor.

3. Gaga - Amazing singer, amazing artist, but she's not at the top of her acting, but getting there.

4. Madonna - Average singer, amazing artist, shitty actress.

5. Meryl Streep - please don't sing, but she's one of the best actress of all time.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
10 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

they’re just models reciting lines

Claire Danes in Romeo + Juliet was v this

bottoms up....and the devil laughs

weed

mm I could name many singers who blew up, got record deals and fame from just doing their own thing on social media, can't think of an actor that has. When they audition 100 times and get no roles but you can record and release your own music!

I think they both have pros and cons. 

The personal depth music can have does create a more intense fandom, completely. But in many ways that helps the singers a lot. 

PartySick

Music definitely seems like more of a chore

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨

Rat Boy
1 hour ago, River said:

1. J. "Jennifer Lopez" Lo -  fails as a singer, an artist and actress.

:air::air::air: 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • LMAO 1

Helxig

Idk I'm nothing :shrug: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

StrawberryBlond

Both have their ups and downs. While being a singer seems the harder option, acting has its difficulties:

Acting can involve you taking months out of your life to live in a new locations away from your family and friends and shooting can involve a lot of sitting around with nothing to do, you're there for hours all to do a few short lines. When Ne-Yo did a bit of acting he said he couldn't stand all the wasted hours sitting around on set and said he could've made 2 albums in this time. And because the average actor only makes around 2 movies a year on average (even less for smaller names), there's a lot of the year where you won't have much money to live on. If you're a small actor, you'll be scrabbling for money in between movies. At awards time, you really only have the chance for one award in one category all year unless you're multi talented who can write/direct/produce, etc to be up for more. It's not like music where you could be up for best single/album/video/soundtrack, etc. You can see why not all actors are supportive of singers turning to acting and winning awards for it as that's taking away a job from an actor for whom their acting salary is their bread and butter for the year and have been trying all their lives to win an Oscar with years in between chances if any. 

The big upside of music is that you're constantly creating and making money. Acting depends on securing occasional good roles based on movies that others and money is only earned once or twice a year.