💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork Reviews TTPD, Gave It 6.6

RAMROD

Featured Posts

River
7 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

nah the toxic ghey little monsters who have to sh!t on everything every other artist does 

yeah... let's not change the narrative, the swifties are the bullies, when Gaga releases something new, they always come here or twitter and dragging her, most of the negativity in GGD comes from swifties... so swifties had to expect that one day, people will turn on them and finally make them feel the same as they make every fanbase feel.

It's funny how swifties behaves exactly like Taylor, first a bully and then playing the victim :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 13

ALGAYDO
15 minutes ago, River said:

yeah... let's not change the narrative, the swifties are the bullies, when Gaga releases something new, they always come here or twitter and dragging her, most of the negativity in GGD comes from swifties... so swifties had to expect that one day, people will turn on them and finally make them feel the same as they make every fanbase feel.

It's funny how swifties behaves exactly like Taylor, first a bully and then playing the victim :air:

Like mother like fandom :ororomunroe:

• LMAO 2

ChicaSkas
15 hours ago, RAMROD said:

This is her second lowest review by Pitchfork to date, the lowest is Reputation with 6.0

Her highest is orginal RED with a 9.00 & second highest is Red (TV) with 8.5

Hot take but I'd take rep over this sad stuff any day of the week. Rep SOARED compared to this navel gazing melancholia.

Only thing good about it so far was Florence Welch. everything else = I already forgot about.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 3

Mister G
4 hours ago, River said:

Performative victimhood.

• Like 2

CantGetEnough

Funny how Pitchfork matters when her albums get 8.0 and up but suddenly don't when they get under 7.0 lol. 

RAMROD
5 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Hot take but I'd take rep over this sad stuff any day of the week. Rep SOARED compared to this navel gazing melancholia.

Only thing good about it so far was Florence Welch. everything else = I already forgot about.

It really is that bad. I agree with you on choosing Rep than TTPD as well. This album is not so very Taylor since she usually are so well put, well crafted with her album. It's time for her to recalibrate and get a new producer. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

Chesescake
4 hours ago, CantGetEnough said:

Funny how Pitchfork matters when her albums get 8.0 and up but suddenly don't when they get under 7.0 lol. 

Yeah but that's basically just how every fandom works.

• Like 1

Edonis
18 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

nah the toxic ghey little monsters who have to sh!t on everything every other artist does 

spend five minutes on twitter and you'd know swifties are up there with the barbz in terms of toxicity. name any offensive vitriol you can think of and swifities have said it against other artists and/or their fans. there's a reason that one review was posted without a byline, which has pretty much never happened for a pop music review. 

• Thanks 2

MonSwiftAnton

I'd say that Swifties can be awful but based on the last few days, so can you. Don't know why these pop stans doesn't grow up and acts like adults.

• Like 2

ChicaSkas
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It really is that bad. I agree with you on choosing Rep than TTPD as well. This album is not so very Taylor since she usually are so well put, well crafted with her album. It's time for her to recalibrate and get a new producer. 

honestly i LOVE Taylor. I just dont love this album. And that's okay. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

Exactly. We're not a hater. She fumbled this one, and it's should be okay to say that she is :franminervini:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 2

HelloHangoverz
11 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

Just out of interest, do you like Cassandra? That's the only one I like

bottoms up....and the devil laughs

Aga Gydal

When your star is so big that it compels people to either want to love you or hate you, it becomes less about the music and more about the artist. I think the album is quite strong and I find it to be an elevated version of Midnights, but half these reviews are critiquing Taylor the celebrity vs the actual songs. It’s an inevitable turn when people feel like you’ve gotten too big for your britches, and it’s exactly what happened to Gaga years back. It kinda makes me chuckle how monsters aren’t noticing that the same thing is happening lol

• LMAO 1

Ronk
1 hour ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

I'd say that Swifties can be awful but based on the last few days, so can you. Don't know why these pop stans doesn't grow up and acts like adults.

Yes, stan wars can be messy.  But I think it's fair for people on GGD to express if they don't like an album.  That's not a drag on Taylor, it's just opinion about the music.   Often people here drag ARTPOP or Gaga's jazz, or anything else some people don't like.  But that's not a drag on Gaga.  I'll bet Gaga understands that people each have their personal tastes and she can't please everyone.

Personally, I don't believe in dragging any artist, because every artist brings joy to a great many people and contributes to the variety of music from which people can choose what suits their taste.  No artist deserves to be dragged, but I will express if I dislike some music like many here have about TTPD. 

As far as Taylor goes, I've seen videos of some wonderful performances, and some of her music I like very much.  The only reason I haven't seen her live is because I don't like the atmosphere of stadium concerts.  I like smaller venues.  To all those who have seen Taylor live, hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you.  This is one of the videos that is so special to me, from beginning to end.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1o3iE_2yCU

I live outside the space time continuum.