đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna sued again over late concert start and lip synching

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Madonna is facing another proposed class action alleging she kept fans waiting hours for her concert to begin, this time from show attendees in Washington, D.C.

3 fans who attended Madonna's December concerts at D.C.'s Capital One Arena filed the lawsuit Thursday, saying the singer did not take the stage until after 10:30 p.m. both nights — well after the advertised start time of 8:30 p.m. They also allege that the venue was unusually hot and that Madonna lip-synched through some of her performance.

After making her fans listen to pre-recorded music for over 2 hours in a hot arena, Madonna finally took the stage and made the following admission:
“I am sorry I am late... no, I am not sorry, it’s who I am... I’m always late.”

The suit claims that Madonna, tour promoter Live Nation and venue owner breached their contract with ticket holders and engaged in misrepresentation, false advertising, and unfair and deceptive trade practices.

According to the lawsuit, Madonna, and Live Nation, purposely and deceptively withheld informing ticket purchasers in the marketing of the concerts that:
• Madonna would not appear at 8:30 p.m. but instead would make fans wait as late as 10:40 p.m. to start her show
• Madonna would maintain a hot and uncomfortable temperature in the venue (due to Madonna’s requirement that the Venue raise the temperature)
• Madonna would not perform all of her music live and lip synch much of her performance

The suit states: "In essence, Madonna and Live Nation are a consumer's worst nightmare."

source source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 11

HelloHangoverz

have people got nothing better to do with their time or energy. i just know it's a pair of 60 year old bitchy theatre critic gays in a loveless marriage that call each other "partner" instead of boyfriend

Edited by HelloHangoverz
bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • LMAO 14

hieronymus

What the actual fĂşck are performers who are chronically late doing backstage. Like what else does she have going on in her life that requires her to put off doing the thing she's getting paid an exorbitant amount of money to do, for people paying exorbitantly more to be there than they should.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

BlingNotTheMusic

Madonna was late and lipsynced? 

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF by MOODMAN

I say this as a long-time Madonna fan, suing is pointless 

• Like 3
  • LMAO 2

holy scheisse

And we all wonder why Madonna fans put so much effort into dragging Gaga all these years If You Say So Shrug GIF

We may drag Gaga, but we’re not out here suing our capitalism queen 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy

I will say the temperature thing was wild. I didn't sue but I wanted to. Like I'm sweating sitting down and for what??

Jail. Prison even. And give me 20 dollars. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Jenina
24 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

What the actual fĂşck are performers who are chronically late doing backstage. Like what else does she have going on in her life that requires her to put off doing the thing she's getting paid an exorbitant amount of money to do, for people paying exorbitantly more to be there than they should.

Right? Like can she not start preparing earlier? Or make the start time later? I feel like this shouldn't be a problem and it may seem trivial to some but it really is disrespectful to everyone working the event who has to be there and to those attending

Edited by Jenina
cool
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Justin Drew Bieber
23 minutes ago, EdX said:

These lawsuits are so cringeworthy :billie:

How so?

• Like 3

hieronymus
19 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

And we all wonder why Madonna fans put so much effort into dragging Gaga all these years If You Say So Shrug GIF

We may drag Gaga, but we’re not out here suing our capitalism queen 

She doesn't behave this way in concert though, does she

bionic

I know Madonna is an old timer who thinks being late is "rock n roll" but IDK why she doesn't just be on time after decades of criticism for it... she's in the venue the entire evening so its not like she's actually LATE

buy bionic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thatarizonasky

It was so annoying though. Saw her in Miami and omg it was hot as balls in there and she didn’t start until 10:30. She even said she turns off the AC for her voice or whatever. The way I was so tired already and it hadn’t even started. Also, she’s rude af to the audience I was cringing so hard. Biggest waste of my money honestly

• Like 4
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

SevenAteNine
1 hour ago, EdX said:

These lawsuits are so cringeworthy :billie:

Well, a concert for many people is a once or twice in a life time experience... so i dont blame them for wanting it to be 1. on time and 2. real

RIP 9.
  • YAAAS 1

faysalaaa1

I went to her show and I dont think shes lip synching. When I went to her concert, it was hot like a sauna, and we were told Madonna doesnt want to AC on so she can sing good.