💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is LG7 a bit of a make or break for Gaga?

Mr S

Featured Posts

CyanDante

I honestly hope it weeds out the fans a bit. :fan: The less bickering about charts and sales the better. :artdoll2:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • YAAAS 6

Justin Drew Bieber

People have been saying this since before Joanne and she’s still been getting #1 singles and albums 

• YAAAS 1

palma
8 hours ago, Ultimecia said:

Yes it will be a make or break, and it has nothing to do with charts or success.

If LG7 isn't "great", then I will be done expecting great things from her music.

I'll still be here as a casual fan, but if she does not want to be an Artist with a capital "A" anymore, then so be it.

This.

I get the people comparing her commercial success with Tay and Bey and the frustration it creates in the fanbase. But to me, the point is not getting another #1 or debuting with 300k+.

While Joanne did make a limited impact, in retrospect it feels like an introduction to ASIB (a soundtrack which Gaga crafted for a character she was playing). I love Chromatica but bar few songs, it’s a nice house-dance album with 90s throwbacks. It had all the correct ingredients to be her triumphant return to the dance floor but the end product feels a little diluted - it’s a safe album and Gaga has been traditionally nothing but safe.

Her last artistically interesting project that truly made a mark in the musical landscape was ARTPOP and that was so many years ago (ASIB soundtrack was great but again, was it really crafted to be a Gaga album?). Everybody here loves Gaga the artist and we would like her to push the boundaries again. I think people have the right to be disappointed if LG7 is not an amazing album, just as much as Gaga has the right to pursue another career trajectory. :partysick:

• Thanks 2

liamgaga

As much as I want a big experimental album from her (aka another BTW) I just don’t think music is where it was in the early 2010’s. I don’t think the GP would stick around or be interested. Streaming has made music essentially a flash in the pan and anything controversial or something that won’t appeal to the masses won’t work in this music era, in my opinion. I think she needs to release a solid pop music album (with the Gaga quirks we all know and love - that only Gaga could pull off) and cement herself as pop music royalty 

monketsharona

It's only my opinion but I really feel Gaga needs another big cultural album like TF, TFM or BTW but in recent time where she shake the whole industry once again. 

I'm here for her taking risks and believe in what she did. 

I have faith in her collab with Andrew Watt tbh. He's such a talented producer and he could bring something truly interesting on her next album.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

LateToCult

I just want a good record. Don’t even care if it’s an EP. I just need a record that isn’t stuffed with filler, has good lyrics, and she doesn’t sound like she’s shouting on it. That’s all I ask. One record. :messga:

Wet Fire

It's been worse than a drought for sure if we count out acting and makeup. But judging by the last few things she's done since the release of Chromatica (other than HOG), she's been impeccable. 911 mysic video? It obliterates other artists' entire videographies. The CBT interludes? These only parallel the greatness of her early career interludes. SSOH? She's at a vocal peak and it's not even up for an argument. All things direct towards a great future in music.

However (!), she needs a team which has to be extremely good at planning and executing them to the very end. She needs to stop abandoning projects or postpone them indefinitely. She needs to surround herself with people which collaboratively take her to new musical heights.

Remember, only a few weeks ago she posted that she's writing some of her best music. She never makes such statements. She's in a much better place. She just needs to properly channel that drive, passion and ambition out in the world. There's nobody like her, nobody with a unique vision like hers. Hope she truly believes that.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

pachinko
12 hours ago, Ultimecia said:

Yes it will be a make or break, and it has nothing to do with charts or success.

If LG7 isn't "great", then I will be done expecting great things from her music.

I'll still be here as a casual fan, but if she does not want to be an Artist with a capital "A" anymore, then so be it.

This. It’s frustrating that she could have been as big as Michael Jackson, Beyonce and Taylor but for whatever reason she holds herself back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DopeEnigma

Definitely not, she’s an icon and always will be whatever she does, all I’m hoping for is a clean and stable album cycle, singles, performances, looks, talk shows over a period of time, we haven’t really had that on the same scale since BTW. 

Edited by DopeEnigma

LadyxGaGa

why do yall think this is make it or break it???

she is still landing major contracts and deals?? she has a multi million dollar beauty company?? like genuinely when will yall just b content and see her as successful that doesn’t need to compare to the past? present or future but literally just being content?? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Ziggy
17 hours ago, Mr S said:

Obviously ASIB was a cultural moment but was sort of lightning in a bottle and ROM was a nice sized hit, but realistically Gaga hasn't been at the forefront of pop music since the build up of the ARTPOP era. She has created a nice legacy and her career is in a good position in that she can do music, jazz, movies, concerts, makeup, and find success in it. But as a leading force in pop music, she has been an afterthought. And that's normal. Beyonce was too with those late 2010s projects and then came back with Renaissance. Madonna came back with ROL and then against with COADF. Whitney was probably in a similar situation as LG doing movies and other stuff but came back with MLIYL. I feel this era is important in bringing her back to relevance and the conversation of pop music as opposed to being just a legacy artist. Agree?

I- your assessment of Beyoncé is a little off lol…she’s had a critical run of solo albums since 2014?? Renaissance was basically just the next in her hat lol unless you mean everything is love but tbh I think no one really thought of that as a Beyoncé project hence its performance. I’d say the only real real time she was faltering a bit in popular music was 4. Everything she did solo before and after were pretty huge moments.

but to your larger point I definitely agree. She’s also played it SO safe and hasn’t really swung for the fences in a hot minute as a trailblazer. Even ASIB wasn’t really trailblazing it was the opposite (which made it impactful). Bc she was known as kooky Gaga, to turn and make a big dramatic ballad and drama movie all stripped back was a change to many people. But if we’re talking about Gaga as a *boundary pusher* tapped into and thinking about the new and next, she’s not really been there since ARTPOP and I’d argue cheek to cheek. I maintain the first jazz era was kind of trailblazing in the sense that it brought a lot of big pop theatricality back to jazz during an era when it wasn’t by and large doing that yet. The big curly wigs, the kind of sex worker singer aesthetic she had. Classic though the music was, her aesthetic turn and approach to it were a kind of caricature of the chanteuse that I think were a bit forward-looking. But since then she’s been chilling tf out. Joanne was fine but conceptually no different than any other back to basics album. Chromatica was the “solid but nothing new” classic Gaga album. I think the throughline is her passion for the music and the process. Both eras were “difficult” for her to make and so I hope this time things just flow and she’s got something to say. The latter albums have felt a little like business obligations of decent quality but lacking the grit and spirit that drove her pov in earlier works. I think that if whatever she’s doing inspires her deeply it’ll be great. That’s why ASIB was great. Not pushing the needle but the material was great bc it resonated with her and she was seriously inspired.

Edited by Ziggy

JustAnotherGayASMR

:trollga:

After all it's just another gay x https://www.youtube.com/@JustAnotherGayASMR
  • LMAO 1

Leoj305

Although I agree she needs a top tier album to keep it pumping, I don’t think she has to do much else, she has established her legacy in music with all her work, shallow / ASIB really highlighted her talent, and she has some of the biggest hits ever with bad romance and poker face. Born this way is a gay anthem. I’d like for more but she’s taking her time and we shall see.

Ziggy
14 hours ago, FreedomInTheMusic said:

I can’t help but feel that many of the feelings in this thread are probably exacerbated by the (somewhat amazing) success of Taylor and Beyoncé in the last two years. There’s a hunger for a 2nd imperial phase, which makes sense for a LG fan site. We love her and want her to be as big and popular as possible. That said, I just don’t see her as striving for those Tay/Bey levels of exposure right now, and I sort of think that’s ok. I don’t think she needs an Eras- level tour for her legacy to continue to grow. I’m confident it will continue to grow with Joker 2, LG7, and beyond, but I’m also sure her trajectory will look different than her peers. She’s frankly more creatively stretched than her peers, so her path of success will be different. And that’s ok.

And on a purely personal note, I’m still really enjoying everything she’s putting out. I have my small criticisms here and there, but by and large, she remains an absolutely captivating star with unbridled talent. I’m so excited to see what the future holds for her, and I’m ok if it takes time to see how that pans out. 

To me it isn’t even imperial phase, but just interesting work lol like, I would love to see work that feels like it was her whole focus and I think that’s the issue a lot of fans have. The music doesn’t feel as invested in as it did at one point. At another time, everything she did pointed back to her music. Nowadays, she doesn’t really point to anything; it’s kinda all over 

• Thanks 1