💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Blur’s Damon Albarn tells Coachella crowd it's “probably our last gig”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Damon Albarn said “In the spirit of clarity and truth, this is probably our last gig” during Blur’s set at weekend two of Coachella 2024 last night
It comes after Albarn stated in December that the band would be going on a hiatus until further notice, saying “it’s too much for me”.

Albarn was not impressed by the Coachella crowd during the first weekend of the festival.

Albarn’s Blur played a 13-song set, including Nineties classics like “Girls & Boys”, “Popscene” and “Song 2”, on the festival’s main stage on Saturday (13 April).

The frontman tried to lead a singalong during the bridge of “Girls & Boys” but was met with silence on multiple attempts.

Eventually, he told the audience plainly: “You’re never seeing us again so you might as well f***ing sing it. Know what I’m saying?”

“Song 2”, at least, was met with a huge reaction from the crowd, Albarn said: “This song has been so good to us. But I did get shown a TikTok of it being kind of performed by a vacuum cleaner which is you know…. It is humbling and inspiring at the same time.” source

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 3

tylerjs

I find out about new celebrities every day on this site

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

olive specter
10 minutes ago, tylerjs said:

you never heard of blur?

or gorillaz?

maybe it's an american thing, he's from uk

• Like 8
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 9

TheSine

Not knowing Blur is insane to me. I would have been the one singing the lyrics.:laughga:

🖤TheSine🖤
  • Like 10
  • YAAAS 2

littlepotter

Someone needs to tell artists that coachella crowds are always so much worse and less reactive than normal concert crowds, most people probably don't know who you are or are rich kids just going on a cool trip.

chaeri pls
  • Like 11

River
45 minutes ago, tylerjs said:

I guess you heard about Queen after the movie was release :icant:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 10
  • Thanks 1

Levine
39 minutes ago, olive specter said:

you never heard of blur?

or gorillaz?

No no, in Italy this made news and people were shocked. They are loved here too.

Edited by Levine
  • Thanks 1

tylerjs
1 hour ago, olive specter said:

you never heard of blur?

or gorillaz?

44 minutes ago, TheSine said:

Not knowing Blur is insane to me. I would have been the one singing the lyrics.:laughga:

26 minutes ago, River said:

Is blur the person or the song? I’ve heard of gorillaz, but I only know that one song where they go “hmm hmm” and I hate it so much :fatcat: also their imagery is very disturbing to me so not my thing

as far as Queen goes, I only know what plays on radio/movies/tv. And this will be controversial as hell but honestly out of every song I’ve ever heard by Queen, I do not like a single one, like at all. I find every record unlistenable and Freddie Mercury’s voice is like daggers in my ears (even tho he was obviously very talented) :traumatica:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Shakmasda
3 minutes ago, tylerjs said:

Is blur the person or the song? I’ve heard of gorillaz, but I only know that one song where they go “hmm hmm” and I hate it so much :fatcat: also their imagery is very disturbing to me so not my thing

as far as Queen goes, I only know what plays on radio/movies/tv. And this will be controversial as hell but honestly out of every song I’ve ever heard by Queen, I do not like a single one, like at all. I find every record unlistenable and Freddie Mercury’s voice is like daggers in my ears (even tho he was obviously very talented) :traumatica:

I cannot believe what my eyes just read!

I will need intervention after this, thanks Tyler!

• Like 7
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 4

olive specter
24 minutes ago, tylerjs said:

blur is the band, demon albarn is the main vocalist.

it's him talking to the crowd as he sings this song

he also created gorillaz with his friend

• Love 1

skaxboy
1 hour ago, River said:

Reminds me of when “Four Five Seconds” by Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney came out and I would see tweets of kids saying “Wow, this kid Paul McCartney’s career is about to take off being featured on a Rihanna song” :toofunny:

• LMAO 12

Red
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Someone needs to tell artists that coachella crowds are always so much worse and less reactive than normal concert crowds, most people probably don't know who you are or are rich kids just going on a cool trip.

They should move their location to Brazil :laughga:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

Agunimon
21 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Do ppl in the US even know about blur

I would say most do not, but a lot of people do know about Gorillaz.

• Thanks 1

• Teletubby changed the title to Blur’s Damon Albarn tells Coachella crowd it's “probably our last gig”